• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GangGreen

Love the Bridgestone E6

14 posts in this topic

Maybe I just bought into the marketing hype, but tried this ball out today for the first time and I did notice a lot less slice on my mis-hits. Honestly, it was my best day off the tee both in terms of accuracy and distance. Who knows, could have all just been in my head (I spent all week reading about its low spin characteristics) but it just felt better coming off the club. I've read others reviews on this ball on this forum and I also have to concur with the observations that it's not very controllable around the green. I actually struggled a lot with it not only around the green but on it as well, just seemed like I was putting on ice all day with it. In defense of the ball, though, I was also using a new putter today (mallet vs. a blade) so it was probably a combination of the two that led to my abysmal performance on the green.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I know a lot of people love this ball. I really wanted to like it as I bought into all of its slice busting reputation. I bought a dozen and while the ball definitely performed well I just found it too clicky feeling, like the cover was too hard for my tastes. Definitely a quality ball though.

Then again, a lot of people marvel over its softness too so maybe it's all in my head...definitely felt clicky to me though.

Awards and Achievements

I know a lot of people love this ball. I really wanted to like it as I bought into all of its slice busting reputation. I bought a dozen and while the ball definitely performed well I just found it too clicky feeling, like the cover was too hard for my tastes. Definitely a quality ball though. Then again, a lot of people marvel over its softness too so maybe it's all in my head...definitely felt clicky to me though.

Yep, could definitely see that. While I didn't notice the clicky-ness with the full swing shots, I did notice it a lot with the "feel" shots (ie. chipping/pitching/putting).

I liked the e6 as well. I tried the e5 and switched and haven't went back. I didn't like putting the e6 and that's a big deal for me. Otherwise I liked it in full swing shots.

Awards and Achievements

I liked the e6 as well. I tried the e5 and switched and haven't went back. I didn't like putting the e6 and that's a big deal for me. Otherwise I liked it in full swing shots.

Was it a matter of it being too fast off the putter? For me, it just seemed like I was blowing it by the cup all day.

I'd say it felt real hard like a top flite. It seems like hard balls jump off the face and soft one almost fell like I'm catching and throwing the ball with the putter. That's the only way I can describe it.

Awards and Achievements

I'd say it felt real hard like a top flite. It seems like hard balls jump off the face and soft one almost fell like I'm catching and throwing the ball with the putter. That's the only way I can describe it.

Good description, I like that.

Awards and Achievements

Ive tried the E6 a couple times in the past and it IS a ball that will somewhat straighten out you ballflight.  The only problem with it was that I couldnt get it to stop on the green with my wedges and short irons.

My swing is not consistent enough to tell you it straightens my ball flight. The E6 is very long for me off the tee. And it holds line pretty well in wind. Fits my driver swing very well (103MPH). On full irons and wedges it releases a bit more than RX300 and other balls in that class like the Chrome and Z-Star. Runs more than I like around the green which always surprises me since it feels soft on those partial shots. Putts great for me. I don't have the hard feeling on the putter that others have said they feel. It feels soft for me.

They are a bit lower compression which I feel when it gets cold. These are my one of my Spring and Fall ball options.

I really like the price point when they are found at a bargain of near $25.

The only reason I don't play these all the time is that it runs a bit much near the green and sometimes I find Q-Stars (I think they are in same class) for a better price. BTW, I only play yellow balls so these are a frequent option.

I use the E6 a lot and like it. I've recently also tried the Wilson Duo, and even though it's very inexpensive, it's performance is very similar to the E6.

I've also used the Q-Star, but like these 2 better.

All are available in yellow.

Ugh, the honeymoon may be over for me and the e6. Was out today and was having so much trouble with it on and around the greens that I just gave up on it and went back to the dt solo on the back 9. Surprisingly didn't lose as much distance/accuracy with the dt but was just so much more comfortable chipping and putting with it. While I still think the e6 is the best ball I've hit off the tee, just couldn't deal with the sacrifice around the greens. Oh well, guess you really can't have your cake and eat it too.

Ugh, the honeymoon may be over for me and the e6. Was out today and was having so much trouble with it on and around the greens that I just gave up on it and went back to the dt solo on the back 9. Surprisingly didn't lose as much distance/accuracy with the dt but was just so much more comfortable chipping and putting with it. While I still think the e6 is the best ball I've hit off the tee, just couldn't deal with the sacrifice around the greens. Oh well, guess you really can't have your cake and eat it too.

Give the e5's a try. You will like how they chip and putt.

Awards and Achievements

Give the e5's a try. You will like how they chip and putt.

We'll do, I've also heard good things about the Calloway hex chromes so I think I'll try both out when the new season gets here (which won't be soon enough, I'm guessing today was my last round on the year).

The E6 is not a bad ball, but is overpriced to me. I have found the Callaway Warbird performs identical and runs ten bucks a box cheaper.