IGNORED

I am thirteen, is it normal to drive the ball 300+ yards

nono
Note:Β This thread is 3815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Please a video ofΒ  your swing or trackman numbers and I'm sure you'll get some quality answers.Β  Otherwise, most likely nobody is going to believe you and assume this is a troll.

• Upvote 1

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, it is a bit on the high side :-) .

But you probably don't need anyone on the internet to tell you that, is your drive straight?

You out-drive the three longest hitters 15 and under that I know by more than 20 yards.

The 15 year old (soon 16) - 280 yards (2 or less handicap)

The 14 year old (soon 15)- 270 yards (3 handicap)

My son (your age)- 260 yards (potential for better than 10 handicap)

What state do you live in?

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

To the OP I'd say that hitting it 300+ yards is pretty normal on internet sites. You really won't raise any eyebrows until you get into the 350-400+ yard range. Of course, that shouldn't be a problem when you hit 14 or 15.

Excellent post!

I think you may want to quit school and go to Qschool instead, this board is just unbelievable a times. :smartass:

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3Β  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tourΒ Β 14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

God not another 300 yards drive thread.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

It's not normal. Go back and keep practicing until you're hitting it 230-250 yards and you'll be all set.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putterΒ 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

It's not normal, but you can't teach speed to a certain extent. Β Well, a proper swing will give you more speed, but there's just so much great mechanics can do.

I don't know if it's as much about age as physique - my son was 5'9" and 140 lbs as a junior in high school and could put it out there a long way.

Now find a good instructor and see if you can gain more speed with better mechanics.

Good luck.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Nope. But it is normal to exaggerate wildly on the internet. At least it's a mild delusion - I'm sure this sort of thing can be helped before it's too late. Good luck.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9Β°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14Β°, Alta CB 65SΒ | Adams Pro Dhy 18Β°, 21Β°, 24Β°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58Β°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

It's not normal, but you can't teach speed to a certain extent. Β Well, a proper swing will give you more speed, but there's just so much great mechanics can do.

I don't know if it's as much about age as physique - my son was 5'9" and 140 lbs as a junior in high school and could put it out there a long way.

Now find a good instructor and see if you can gain more speed with better mechanics.

Good luck.

Mr. Desmond taking the high road again. Assuming the best about the OP. Bless your heart.

Mr. Desmond taking the high road again. Assuming the best about the OP. Bless your heart.

I mean, what can you do?

It's the internet ... and I'm French ... not. :-D

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

i am thirteen, and i am driving the ball 300+ yards, but i do not even play golf, and im alright at chipping and every thing, do you think i should consider playing golf?

Don't feel bad, that's not bad for a 6 iron and once you grow into your adult body, you'll be hitting 8i that far like the other teenagers posting here after their first time on the range.

At that time, you want to buy these things called "fairway woods" and a "driver".Β  This will get your hits to a more respectable distance suitable for internet discussions.

Keep working, exercise and eat right.Β  You'll get there.

In the meantime, stick to the senior and ladies' tee box, don't slow down the pace of play at this time until you get some length.Β  You might also consider bowling.

Bill -Β 

Note:Β This thread is 3815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!