IGNORED

Lorena Ochoa Invitational Discussion Thread

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 3810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The LPGA completed its 5 tournament Asian swing last week, and we had a surprise winner. Non LPGA player Teresa Lu was victorious and will now have the opportunity to play full time on the world's biggest women's tour in 2014. Chella Choi, who I have said is the best golfer on the LPGA without a win, finished second just 2 back.

The LPGA moves to Mexico this week for the playing of the Lorena Ochoa Invitational.

This will be tournament #27 of 28 on the LPGA schedule.

Here are the key details:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/11/lorena-ochoa-invitational-preview.html

Go Inbee. Hope she finishes ahead of Suzanne and Stacy so the biased press don't argue for a blond POY. If either Suzanne or Stacy had two let alone three majors, I wonder if they'd be looking for excuses for a Korean with only one major to be POY.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Congrats lexi. Way to go. Looks like she's starting to fulfil her phenom potential unlike her compatriot ms Wei.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Hey, Michelle had a good 4 rounds, tied for 10th and after a few bum years is playing considerably better. Sure Michelle has great potential but Lexi comes with a total life history of golf.  Her entire family is golf focused (one brother a PGA pro, other on college golf team), Lexi home schooled in order to play more so in fact Lexi is only walking the path others have led her on.  Michelle comes from an academic family background and she did  not begin life with a 5wood in her hand. Michelle is a Stanford grad and that ain't easy. Let's see what Lexi does with her life beyond golf.

And i also offer my congrats to Lexi who i see as an aggressive and go-for-it player with a sparkling demeanor on the course.

Hey, Michelle had a good 4 rounds, tied for 10th and after a few bum years is playing considerably better. Sure Michelle has great potential but Lexi comes with a total life history of golf.  Her entire family is golf focused (one brother a PGA pro, other on college golf team), Lexi home schooled in order to play more so in fact Lexi is only walking the path others have led her on.  Michelle comes from an academic family background and she did  not begin life with a 5wood in her hand. Michelle is a Stanford grad and that ain't easy. Let's see what Lexi does with her life beyond golf.

And i also offer my congrats to Lexi who i see as an aggressive and go-for-it player with a sparkling demeanor on the course.

She may not have begun life with a 5 wood in her hand but she started playing at age 4 and her mother was the South Korean amateur champion. I would say both had every opportunity for success.

Note: This thread is 3810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!