IGNORED

2013 DP World Championship (Race to Dubai) and Australian Masters Discussion

Crim
Note: This thread is 3802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Race to Dubai ends this weekend at the DP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Coverage starts at 2am Central time this morning and goes to 7am. There will be much shorter coverage from 9am CT to 12:30pm CT in the Golf Channel as well.

Here are the Tee Times....great golf INC!

Tee Time Player 1 Player 2
1 08:00 Luke DONALD David HORSEY
1 08:10 Garth MULROY Craig LEE
1 08:20 Peter HANSON Eduardo DE LA RIVA
1 08:30 Simon KHAN Alejandro CAÑIZARES
1 08:40 George COETZEE Jonas BLIXT
1 08:50 David LYNN Marcel SIEM
1 09:00 Darren FICHARDT Rory MCILROY
1 09:10 Marcus FRASER Rafa CABRERA-BELLO
1 09:20 Felipe AGUILAR Louis OOSTHUIZEN
1 09:30 Thomas AIKEN Ross FISHER
1 09:45 Julien QUESNE Kiradech APHIBARNRAT
1 09:55 Raphaël JACQUELIN Nicolas COLSAERTS
1 10:05 Shane LOWRY Pablo LARRAZÁBAL
1 10:15 Thorbjørn OLESEN Marc WARREN
1 10:25 Scott JAMIESON Chris WOOD
1 10:35 Grégory BOURDY Paul CASEY
1 10:45 Tommy FLEETWOOD Bernd WIESBERGER
1 10:55 Mikko ILONEN Martin KAYMER
1 11:05 Lee WESTWOOD Miguel Angel JIMÉNEZ
1 11:15 David HOWELL Joost LUITEN
1 11:30 Branden GRACE Stephen GALLACHER
1 11:40 Francesco MOLINARI Brett RUMFORD
1 11:50 Matteo MANASSERO Peter UIHLEIN
1 12:00 Victor DUBUISSON Thomas BJÖRN
1 12:10 Thongchai JAIDEE Richard STERNE
1 12:20 Jamie DONALDSON Gonzalo FDEZ-CASTAÑO
1 12:30 Graeme MCDOWELL Ian POULTER
1 12:40 Justin ROSE Henrik STENSON

The Australian Masters is on right now on the golf channel with defending champion Adam Scott tied for the lead and in the clubhouse already.

Notable players that I've seen so far are

ADAM SCOTT
BRENDON DE JONGE

MATT KUCHAR

VIJAY SINGH

other than that, the field is mainly unfamiliar (to me) Australians. Still fun golf to watch!

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Jamie Donaldson is becoming one of my favorite players to watch.

I still want G Mac to win the whole thing though.

My guess is that Henrik Stenson will win it all though. It's his home turf.

Joel Holden

I think I much prefer Euro tour commentary than that of the US, just straight golf...report whats being seen, no side stories. However, the on-course reporting of Maltbie, et al is always good, but the desk "analysts" always leave me wondering why I watch the golf channel.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I think I much prefer Euro tour commentary than that of the US

Absolutely agree.

Speaking of commentary, I haven't heard Feherty in a LONG time, what's he been up to?

Joel Holden

Good to see Jared Lyle back at the Aussie Masters

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/rex-hoggard/lyle-cards-emotional-72-aussie-masters-return/

Quote:

“The hardest part is over,” smiled Lyle, referring to his opening tee shot which was made even more difficult through tears. “It was everything I thought it was going to be. I was standing there ready to go and then I heard Lusi and I had to give her one last kiss. It was the best part.”

Lyle was informed by doctors in 2012 that the leukemia had returned just days before Lusi, his first child, was due and he postponed chemotherapy treatments until after her birth so he could hold her.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I appreciate the fans at the European events, mainly how there aren't any clowns yelling "mashed potato" or anything like that. They seem to be there to watch golf and not to try to make statements that will get on TV.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

I'd like to see Rory win it, just to shut the critics up.... :-D

Re; Jared, I agree Mike, great guy, and not a bad golfer either.. :beer:

I appreciate the fans at the European events, mainly how there aren't any clowns yelling "mashed potato" or anything like that. They seem to be there to watch golf and not to try to make statements that will get on TV.

Couldn't agree more

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

The commentary is good over here in the UK and you'll get less adverts as well.

Stenson is on the charge and backing him to win this. Good to see Rory up there as well and a lot of other Brits!

I suppose that if Henrik is good enough to win the FedEx Cup then he's good enough to win the Race to Dubai. It's just that you wouldn't expect that level of performance from anyone outside of Tiger in his prime. No one has managed to win both in the same year, so we'll see if Stenson has it in him. That 287 yard 3i that rolls up to 5 feet was awesome.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Glad to see Henrik playing so well again after some years in the wilderness.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

I think I much prefer Euro tour commentary than that of the US, just straight golf...

This

this

I'd like to see Rory win it, just to shut the critics up....

and this!

Will W

After 3 rounds Stenson at -17, Victor Dub at -16, and Poulter at -13. Amazingly Jimenez (age 48) is sneaking around at -12.   And to refresh everyone's memory, Jimenez (hopefully) will be defending his title at the Hong Kong Open soon.  And not a few months back he broke his leg on the ski slopes. That's what happens when the male body is lean and fit; fast recovery, youthful stamina and the libido of a goat.

Adam Scott has a big lead in Australia over Matt Kuchar, Vijay Singh, and a bunch of guys with chronic sunburns who all look vaguely alike. Also of note, the Australian Masters' title sponsor has changed from a wealth-management company to a brand of Scotch whisky. I approve of this move.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Adam Scott has a big lead in Australia over Matt Kuchar, Vijay Singh, and a bunch of guys with chronic sunburns who all look vaguely alike. Also of note, the Australian Masters' title sponsor has changed from a wealth-management company to a brand of Scotch whisky. I approve of this move.

Oops, not now. A double bogey while Kuch was simultaneously birdie-ing the next hole took care of that. ;) P.S. I love that I can sit here at 9pm local time and watch "tomorrow's" golf tournament AND I'm also watching a live football game from this afternoon in Hawaii. :)

Note: This thread is 3802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!