• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

Unwritten rule of the empty range

55 posts in this topic

When there's an empty range and there are 50 spots open and you're enjoying your peace and quiet, the next guy that comes plants himself next to you or close enough by, hits one of those super loud drivers and you can hear the music coming out of his headphones. Rant over. :roll:

Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

When there's an empty range and there are 50 spots open and you're enjoying your peace and quiet, the next guy that comes plants himself next to you or close enough by, hits one of those super loud drivers and you can hear the music coming out of his headphones. Rant over.

I think that's the unwritten rule of life.

My wife and I went to a movie Friday afternoon while the kids were at Grandma's house and we both booked the day off.  Six people in the theatre and nobody within 8 rows of us. A group of 4 sat directly behind us. Thankfully they were quiet.

Empty parking lot...........

Commuter trains, buses.............

I've been on an empty range before and wannabee Tiger and Phil started hitting next to me. Every shot required a comment, "Ohhhhhh, hit it off the toe!"  That seemed to be code for, "I topped it".

It was the blind leading the blind.

Unfortunately they were both behind me.  At least if they're in front they can provide some entertainment.

I think that's the unwritten rule of life. My wife and I went to a movie Friday afternoon while the kids were at Grandma's house and we both booked the day off.  Six people in the theatre and nobody within 8 rows of us. A group of 4 sat directly behind us. Thankfully they were quiet. Empty parking lot........... Commuter trains, buses.............

Not to mention, urinals. Driving ranges I don't mind, unless they complain about the camera I'm using to film my swing. Everybody is just trying to find the best patch of grass or best mat.

Awards and Achievements

Loudest club ever created.

Not by a long shot. C'mon now. :-P

Awards and Achievements

Loudest club I've heard was the Nike Sasquatch square driver

Awards and Achievements

Uh huh. Anyway… :-)

Awards and Achievements

[QUOTE name="mvmac" url="/t/71094/unwritten-rule-of-the-empty-range#post_920278"]   Loudest club I've heard was the Nike Sasquatch square driver [/QUOTE] I had that driver. It was VERY loud. :offtopic:

Awards and Achievements

When there's an empty range and there are 50 spots open and you're enjoying your peace and quiet, the next guy that comes plants himself next to you or close enough by, hits one of those super loud drivers and you can hear the music coming out of his headphones. Rant over. :roll:

Did he hit straight and far?

Awards and Achievements

( My range opens until 10 at night, 7 days a week. )

I don't mind the next stall neighbor as long as they are hitting balls.   What makes me wince is when bunch of people are drunk and talking loud/laughing/swearing between their shots.  I.e, I go to a range to hit balls and there is a beer party, especially on weekend night.   You can hear all their intimate conversations - yeah, I screw that girl in high school, my in-law has croaked and left my wife a house, etc..

Awards and Achievements

I still keep one of those in the backup backup bag.  I think the Cleveland Hibore Monster was louder or at least more ear-piercing.  Cobra Speed LD is somewhere in between the Sumo2 and the Monster.  I kinda like the Sumo2 tone, actually, and I think the club will go down as a "classic" if it's not there already.  Although after hitting 10 pure strikes in a row the volume does begin to annoy if not hurt the ears a little bit (my limit was about 5 with the Monster; BTW the XL was almost as bad but strangely the sound of the XLS was better then either its predecessor or successor).  One time I played a round with a guy using a Hibore XL and he complained about the tone of my Sumo2 (his was worse).

Hahahaha...I can relate!  I never go to the driving range, but I have a young son that likes to bowl and I can relate on a similar level.   I am a golfer of 20+ years...and bowler of almost 2yrs....thanks to my son.  He loves to do it, and now we are bowling buddies!!

I hate it when the bowling center is almost empty and the little dude and I are doing our thang in relative peace.......1 group shows up...and they are put right next to us!!  All this empty space, and they put them right next to us?  I mean C'MON!! LOL

yes...I play golf and bowl too :-P

The driving range is different though....the idiot chose to hit balls right next to you.......the bowling center chooses the lanes.  it's still annoying just the same!!  I'm still waiting for my first 300 game!  288 is my best... If one has the hand/eye coordination to play golf well.....bowling will come easy. IMO....

I hate when people do this and then end up talking on the phone and stay there instead of walking away to talk. Or, if they show up with a friend and are constantly and loudly talking. [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/71094/unwritten-rule-of-the-empty-range#post_920278"]Loudest club I've heard was the Nike Sasquatch square driver [/quote] I think my Callaway Ft-i driver can compete with that. It's quite loud.

Not to mention, urinals.

Took the words out of my mouth.

That bugs the crap out of me when someone at the range sets up shop right next to me. That limits the targets that Im comfortable aiming at if someone is that close. My mind goes into DONT SHANK mode. On crowded days no problem, but if the range is wide open then gimme a little space playa!

+1 Friday night's at the range I go to can be a nightmare. Decent enough range, but they also have a batting cage and mini-golf at the same facility. The worst always seems to be that group of guys that are there with their girlfriends. Usually one guy hitting and 4 or 5 of them "cheering" him on, the worse the shot, the louder they get. Funniest part is there's always one guy in the group who feels the need to "teach" the others how to swing...he's usually the one who hits the longest worm burner, just painful.