IGNORED

"Get in the hole"

mstuk
Note: This thread is 4317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Also, in the sports you mentioned, the spectators aren't close enough to hear an individual. There's a big difference between thousands and one, and a big difference between consistent noise and sudden noise.

Excellent explanation. I was having trouble thinking of a way to explain to him so that he could better understand the difference.

In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the big question is "just because other sports do it should we?" Other sports don't police their own action. Basketball, Baseball and Football all have players who say I didn't touch it on every play. The amount of cheating in the name of gamesmanship in the other sports is horrible. Golf on the other hand has always been the dignified sport. The quiet sport. The sport where the only person who saw the ball move or the club grounded was you. And yet, you assessed yourself the penalty stroke. Is it too much to ask to have one sport were calm curteous fans show proper appreciation by clapping when appropriate and restraining themselves from saying and doing whatever they feel because they can? Maybe the sense of entitlement in this country is why we are failing at so many things. Just because you bought a ticket doesn't mean you should have to act out against the traditions of the games. Golf certainly needs to continue to grow it's fanbase. But is it too much to ask that the fanbase be educated in the history and tradition of the game? I'm tired of guys playing at my local course getting drunk, ruining greens and seeing how far they can power slide the cart while yelling all the time. I've taken my young son with me on many occasions to the course and been emabarressed at some of the behavior he's seen. In my profession, (firefighter/paramedic) I use the golf course as a place to not only enjoy sport and be with friends at times, but also to have some quiet time to think and refresh my soul. Sorry if that sounds stupid. I love the game and am embarassed by how many of my age group are trying to change it to a party.(Rant off)

All fires eventually go out!

HiBore 10.5 Standard Shaft Stiff

MP-60 4-PW Dynamic Gold 300 MP-T 51,56,60 V-Foil HX Tour 56 (guess I'll be changing soon)

Water, at the Palmer 72nd.

Excellent explanation. I was having trouble thinking of a way to explain to him so that he could better understand the difference.

I think the big question is "just because other sports do it should we?" Other sports don't police their own action. Basketball, Baseball and Football all have players who say I didn't touch it on every play. The amount of cheating in the name of gamesmanship in the other sports is horrible. Golf on the other hand has always been the dignified sport. The quiet sport. The sport where the only person who saw the ball move or the club grounded was you. And yet, you assessed yourself the penalty stroke. Is it too much to ask to have one sport were calm curteous fans show proper appreciation by clapping when appropriate and restraining themselves from saying and doing whatever they feel because they can? Maybe the sense of entitlement in this country is why we are failing at so many things. Just because you bought a ticket doesn't mean you should have to act out against the traditions of the games. Golf certainly needs to continue to grow it's fanbase. But is it too much to ask that the fanbase be educated in the history and tradition of the game? I'm tired of guys playing at my local course getting drunk, ruining greens and seeing how far they can power slide the cart while yelling all the time. I've taken my young son with me on many occasions to the course and been emabarressed at some of the behavior he's seen. In my profession, (firefighter/paramedic) I use the golf course as a place to not only enjoy sport and be with friends at times, but also to have some quiet time to think and refresh my soul. Sorry if that sounds stupid. I love the game and am embarassed by how many of my age group are trying to change it to a party.(Rant off)

I agree with all of you, but this guy is obviously just trying to stir up an argument with his idiotic comments about pro golfers. I am right on the border of throwing him in the ignore category.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I would rather they show some class and simply clap.

What would you rather have them yell.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't understand why golfers at the professional level haven't developed the level of concentration and focus of other pro athletes.

Good point, I play with my 4 kids at least once and 3 times every other week (If it's my weekend).

I actually hit better with my kids age 11, 7, 6, and 3. The worst is people who talk until you start your backswing, then are quiet. I agree that they look like sissies bitching and whining about whatever, I think guys that play for in one weekend (If they win an event), earn more than I make in 8 or 9 years, need to get a grip,....don't bitch and moooannn, get the jackass removed and move on.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• 9 months later...
Why is it that at every tournament on every hole there is at least one idiot that feels it's necessary to yell "GET IN THE HOLE" as soon as the pro hit's his tee shot/approach/put, etc? Seriously, how can a sport that's supposed to be based on honor and respect have idiots like this.

If I had the power (which is probably why I don't) I'd boot anyone who yelled out some ridiculous statement like this out of the tournament grounds.

this doesn't mean I don't like noise and yelling. I love the 16th at the FBR, but all things have a time and place.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

i love it when people yell get in the hole!! It adds to the atmosphere and makes me feel like im watching a 20 year old tiger about to win a U.S. amatuer. I think its great, and brings back so many memories.

I think it's idiotic to yell that on every hole. I hear these lushes yelling it out on a par 5 tee shot. I don't like the get in the hole guy either.

Driver:TaylorMade R580 XD Stiff
3 Wood:Wilson FY-brid 15*
Hybrid:Adams A3 Boxer # 3
Irons:Titleist Square Toe 4
Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+

At least these folks know the objective of the game: get the ball in the hole as soon as possible.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hate the guy as well. It's one thing on a par 3 when a good shot is hit, but when you are yelling it from the tee box on a par 5 it is just dumb.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

"Get in the hole" sounds even better when they mix in a "You da Man!"

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

I find it quite annoying. Happened the other day on a Golf Channel broadcast and Nick Faldo says "Put a sock on it!" Pretty funny.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

"Get in the hole" sounds even better when they mix in a "You da Man!"

That's what I always think of when I here someone yell after a shot. I remember watching Nicklaus playing in the late 80's-early 90's and always hearing that one guy yell "You da man, Jack". It was especially annoying when my buddy picked-up the habit and would say it no matter where we were. Sometimes just out of the blue may buddy would yell "you da man, Jack" for no reason (and none of us were named Jack).

sometimes i yell " get in the water!!" or BITE... BITE... when i see my buddy hit a ball heading towards a water hazard....

i just do it to be funny.... but thats a casual round not a tournament....

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

Note: This thread is 4317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!