IGNORED

MP-32s

Note: This thread is 3310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just snagged set on ebay (too good a deal to pass up).  Any thoughts on them?  I know they're going to sweet when you flush them, but I'm a little hesitant about distance loss.  Any chance I replace my Razr X cavity backs?

Just snagged set on ebay (too good a deal to pass up).  Any thoughts on them?  I know they're going to sweet when you flush them, but I'm a little hesitant about distance loss.  Any chance I replace my Razr X cavity backs?

I seem to remember a lot of posts from you over the last year or so on your inability to hit irons well.  So all I'll say is, good luck......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great irons if you can hit the center of the clubface most of the time.

Interestingly enough, on perfect strikes a flushed blade will go father than a GI iron.

Id love to see some proof to back up that statement.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I bet the hilarity of that statement-What with the statements youve made over the past few years-flew right over your head.[quote name="GaijinGolfer" url="/t/71117/mp-32s#post_920466"] Id love to see some proof to back up that statement. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I seem to remember a lot of posts from you over the last year or so on your inability to hit irons well.  So all I'll say is, good luck......

Lessons are a curious thing.  Mixed with a healthy dose of dedication, practice, and a round or two per week, it's amazing how well someone who used to worry about topped and fat irons can strike the ball.

I have a set of them with super stiff KBS Tour shafts for training. I hit them into a net at home. Played with them a few times. No loss in distance or height, even though the shafts are way too stiff for me.

The cavity V back seems to make them more forgiving than my Cleveland CG tour. The top line is much thicker than normal blades, so I am guessing it is a form of game improvement "blade" if that makes any sense. However, my Ping i20s are much easier manage on the course, because toe shots are not punished as much.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Id love to see some proof to back up that statement.

It's out there. Blades tend to go a bit farther and have a tighter dispersion when struck directly on the sweet spot. There was a post a few years ago in one of the many "blades vs. cavity backs" threads (I think by Erik, but I'm not sure) with a pretty great chart, but it's going to take me a while to find it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It's out there. Blades tend to go a bit farther and have a tighter dispersion when struck directly on the sweet spot.

There was a post a few years ago in one of the many "blades vs. cavity backs" threads (I think by Erik, but I'm not sure) with a pretty great chart, but it's going to take me a while to find it.

It's a big "if" for some of us. :-P

It helps me train, though so I know where to try to strike the face. The way I hit them, they go about the same. They used to go shorter, but that was because I hit the toe all the time.

There are several articles in on the web as well, this one comes to mind first.

http://www.oobgolf.com/content/the+wedge+guy/golf+equipment/5-2032-Blades_Versus_Cavity_Backs_A_Golf_Club_Epiphany.html

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It's a big "if" for some of us. :-P It helps me train, though so I know where to try to strike the face. The way I hit them, they go about the same. They used to go shorter, but that was because I hit the toe all the time. There are several articles in on the web as well, this one comes to mind first. [URL=http://www.oobgolf.com/content/the+wedge+guy/golf+equipment/5-2032-Blades_Versus_Cavity_Backs_A_Golf_Club_Epiphany.html]http://www.oobgolf.com/content/the+wedge+guy/golf+equipment/5-2032-Blades_Versus_Cavity_Backs_A_Golf_Club_Epiphany.html[/URL]

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of.

Colin P.

Got them out on the range today (grass) and they are fantastic. Look great at address, soft at impact, FAR better turf interaction than my RAZR X's, and best of all no distance loss at all. Range is downhill so hard to tell for sure but possibly farther than the cb. Of course, a true mishit feels like crap. Question now is whether I'm missing out by play older clubs as oppee to new mizunos. What replaced the 32's?

Got them out on the range today (grass) and they are fantastic. Look great at address, soft at impact, FAR better turf interaction than my RAZR X's, and best of all no distance loss at all. Range is downhill so hard to tell for sure but possibly farther than the cb. Of course, a true mishit feels like crap.

Question now is whether I'm missing out by play older clubs as oppee to new mizunos. What replaced the 32's?

Look up "Mark Crossfield". He is basically a golfing ad for Mizuno :-) .

Oh, and he has great on line pointers and tips.

Personally, the MP53 (???on the MP54) are close, but I like the heavy feel of the MP32. Like swinging a tank.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Look up "Mark Crossfield". He is basically a golfing ad for Mizuno .

Why, because he likes Mizuno irons?  He also favors Nike woods, Ping hybrids and Titleist golf balls.  Funny, I dont ever recall anyone calling him a fanboy for those companies. :roll:

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Why, because he likes Mizuno irons?  He also favors Nike woods, Ping hybrids and Titleist golf balls.  Funny, I dont ever recall anyone calling him a fanboy for those companies.

He pretty much gives a decent unbiased review on everything he tries. He does hold a special place in his heart for Mizuno though. It does feel like Mizuno can do no wrong in his eyes, but it isn't like he's bashing other companies. He does give credit were it is due.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

He pretty much gives a decent unbiased review on everything he tries. He does hold a special place in his heart for Mizuno though. It does feel like Mizuno can do no wrong in his eyes, but it isn't like he's bashing other companies. He does give credit were it is due.

:-):-):-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Yes, doing a satire of Gorilla James is an unbiased review.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yes, doing a satire of Gorilla James is an unbiased review.

Seriously, though. I watched about ten of his videos, and started to get the idea that Mizuno clubs are the best. What was funny was that, I had never heard of Mizuno before that. I think it's the posters and the over-sized Mizuno golf bag sitting in the background in every one of his instructional videos that might have had something to do with it?

BTW, I do actually like my MP-32 irons, whether it was because of the subliminally implanted messages while watching his videos or the sweet feel of the clubs I'll never know. :-$

Oh, and when my ball striking gets good enough, I plan to purchase some new MP-54 or something like it from Mizuno (with KBS shafts, of course).

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Maybe at first but not lately.  He hated the original JPX hybrids and in the case of the JPX-825s and JPX-EZs he clearly stated that if you already have JPX-800s that he doesnt see why youd upgrade.  I just always laugh when people call him a Mizuno fanboy.  If he had a full Mizuno bag, I could get onboard with that but its not like he thinks only Mizunos are good clubs and only uses Mizunos.

Note: This thread is 3310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!