IGNORED

What are you Reading Right Now?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Within reach of me right now:

• On Writing Well (Zinsser)
  • Code (Petzold)
  • Deane Beman - Golf's Driving Force (Schupak)

About five or six other books scattered about the house.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the "Game, Set and Match" trilogy by Len Deighton.

Before that was "Until I find You" by John Irving

On deck is "Telegraph Avenue" by Michael Chabon

My sons (6 and 7) are finally ready for real books at bedtime, just finished reading an adapted "Call of the Wild" by Jack London to my boys and have now started an adapted "Tom Sawyer". The Berenstein Bears books were fun but man am I happy to be moving on...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

White Fire by Preston and Child.  Just finished Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid , by Bill Bryson and Unconscious Scoring by Dave Stockton.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
The Natural Golf Swing by George Knudson (again)
Lucky Man by Michael J. Fox

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Oh, if you mean "right now" then it would TST.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I always have a whole bunch of print and ebooks borrowed from the library and skimming through them all. Paying more attention to these.

Lean In (FB CFO)

The Way of the Knife (NYT reporter)

Writing on the Wall: Social Media (The Economist editor)

Present Shock (Rushkoff)

Also re-reading War of the Worlds. Love sci fi.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

"Hard Facts - Dangerous Half Truths & Total Nonsense". Required for my management class I'm taking as part of the MBA curriculum. Not a bad book, if a bit dry.

On the fiction side, just finished "Kenobi" by John Jackson Miller (yes I'm a sci-fi/Star Wars geek).

Russ B.

Just finished Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. Liked it better than the movie. Next ... not sure.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Inferno by Dan Brown.   I have read and enjoyed all of his books.   However, so far this work reads more like a travelog, then a fictional work--so far not up to his anticipated standards.

It gets better @UVaWahoo .  It also make you want to go to Florence!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Right now Im reading "You're not sick you're thirsty. Water for Health, Healing, and Life. Im starting to believe that my minor aches and pains while golfing might be mostly due to chronic dehydration.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Just finished "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" by Edmund Morris. I had never known much about him, other than he got the Panama Canal and the National park System going and is on Mount Rushmore. Just a fascinating personality, very sickly growing up, went out to North Dakota and had an operating cattle ranch, wrote numerous books on different subjects. All before he became governor, vice president, then president.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this idea from a different thread.  I am always looking for good books to read.  When snow is on the ground up here for 5 months at a time, I do a lot of reading.

I thought we could use this thread to make suggestions or recommendations on books to read.  Maybe say a little about why you like it.

I will start off with a series that I thought was excellent.  The "Ghengis" series by Conn Iggulden.  It is fact based fiction.  A pretty good read.  I really enjoy fact based fiction.  It is nice to learn something while being entertained.  Iggulden is definitely free with the fiction part.  He fills in with a lot of information that he could not know, but that keeps things interesing.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Got this idea from a different thread.  I am always looking for good books to read.  When snow is on the ground up here for 5 months at a time, I do a lot of reading.

I thought we could use this thread to make suggestions or recommendations on books to read.  Maybe say a little about why you like it.

I will start off with a series that I thought was excellent.  The "Ghengis" series by Conn Iggulden.  It is fact based fiction.  A pretty good read.  I really enjoy fact based fiction.  It is nice to learn something while being entertained.  Iggulden is definitely free with the fiction part.  He fills in with a lot of information that he could not know, but that keeps things interesing.

Just wrote a long post about The Wheel Of Time but lost it because the thread disappeared before I submitted. :mad:

Anyway, great series, highly recommend it. Over 11,000 pages though so it's a bit of a commitment, but at least you won't have to wait years between releases.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My wife bought a John Grisham novel for the flight back home from NY after Thanksgiving, and said it would be mine when she finished it.  Well, it was in my possession before we landed.  I don't know how she does it, but she reads really, really fast.  (I swear she skips words) ;)

Anyways, this one is called "The Racketeer," and follows the same formula as pretty much all of his other books.  At least so far.  Not terribly ground-breaking, but very easy to read and entertaining. :)

Oh, and I still haven't finished the last 1/3 of Dance with Dragons, and I'll get to it one of these days.  At the rate he churns out books, I still have another few years before I have to catch up. ;)

A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  I bought The Complete Sherlock Holmes for my kindle.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just started Ingenious: A True Story of Invention, Automotive Daring, and the Race to Revive America . It's about the Automotive X Prize, which was a competition a few years ago to build a car that could do 100 MPGe and produce less than 200 g/mile of CO2, that came with a $10 million prize. I'm only a few chapters in, but it's pretty interesting so far.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I see my thread got merged. Not sure how I missed the original. I apologize for not looking before starting a new thread. Ernie, I do plan on looking into that series you recommended. I have time in the winter, so length does not turn me off.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 1390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!