IGNORED

Looking back...Which Car Do You Miss The Most?

Always an 80
Note: This thread is 3744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Loved my 57 Chevy my 71 Chevelle and my 72 Datsun 240Z. My biggest regret however was selling my 1938 Buick Sport Coupe. Original interior with a three on the floor. Straight eight with a Stromberg. She had cameo shots in the movie "A League Of Their Own". My wife wanted a new kitchen and hardwood floors. The things we do for love!!

My all-time favorite car was a 1966 Ford Mustang with a 289 V8.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Loved my 57 Chevy my 71 Chevelle and my 72 Datsun 240Z. My biggest regret however was selling my 1938 Buick Sport Coupe. Original interior with a three on the floor. Straight eight with a Stromberg. She had cameo shots in the movie "A League Of Their Own".

My wife wanted a new kitchen and hardwood floors. The things we do for love!!

My classmate rebuilt one of those in HS, and I re-built a VW 67 bug. The bug was my favorite car with a sunroof (hand crank), chrome bumpers.

Maybe, it was the good times and the recollection of our youth that make them our favorite cars. :-):-):-)

I would also feel sad about losing the 1938 sport coupe, but a new kitchen and HW floors are good for you too. You can enjoy them year around. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a bunch of classic type cars, from a 1947 Chevy fleetwood, to a 1966 Chevell SS with a built rat motor. The one I miss the most is my 1969 GTO Judge, was all original except the motor, clutch, rear end and suspension. From what I gather, that car is worth somewhere around 150K due to the limited amount that was produced.

I still have my '66 hardtop,  (belonged to my father when new, 289/3spd/factory air/72,000 original miles) so I guess that doesn't qualify for the thread, since I can't miss it....

I miss my 1979 Black Trans Am with T-tops.  Looked just like the one in Smokey and The Bandit.

This would be the car I miss most, only mine was white..    That car was badass...  160mph verified with radar....

• Upvote 1

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I still have my '66 hardtop,  (belonged to my father when new, 289/3spd/factory air/72,000 original miles) so I guess that doesn't qualify for the thread, since I can't miss it....

This would be the car I miss most, only mine was white..    That car was badass...  160mph verified with radar....

4 speed with 2:90's in the rear.... :-P

'85 Toyota 4Runner SR5.  Solid front and rear axles, leaf springs, manual locking hubs, lever operated transfer case, factory-installed clinometer, 5-speed manual and best of all a/c, power windows AND rear heat!  It was a beast but after 250,000+ miles, the salt from Wisconsin winters was starting to catch up to it and it has some serious frame rust issues.

I ended up selling it and buying a '91 Toyota 4Runner which was great too but was considerably more civilized than the '85 was.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I had one too.  '65, baby blue hardtop with the 289 engine.  Paid $500 for it in 1974.  Good grief....that was almost 40 years ago! :-O

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Being only 29 years old, but I am an old soul when it comes to music and cars. I love the late 60's to early 70's muscle cars. They have have a great look to them, not this aerodynamic "hump back whale" shape that all modern sedans tend to have. Even the new mustangs are to roundish for me. They tried to capture the older style, with modern design, but it kinda doesn't work for me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

When I was 13, I had one of  those life moments.   I went with my dad to a Chevy dealer.   He was looking for a basic family car what was then called a Biscayn (sp).   On the showroom floor was a new Corvette.  When I saw that car,  I literally had one of those "someday" moments that stick with you.   In 1977, I took delivery of  my first Corvette right off the showroom floor.   I genuinely wished I still had it.   I  have a cousin that owned a 1966 split window Corvette.   When his son was born, he garaged it and said it would be his son's if and when he graduated college.  His son recently  graduated from VTech and now owns a split window Corvette.

'63 Impala 4 door hardtop.  300 horse 327, dual exhaust with Glasspacks, clocked ( and issued a citation by the Montana Highway Patrol :loco: ) at 132, and I wasn't topped out yet - that car had some long legs (he only wrote the ticket for 80 in a 65 mph night speed zone).  Paid $950 for it in 1968 when I was 22.  Had a lot of good times in that baby, even though I only had it for 2 years before I went on active duty (Army) and sold it. :beer:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I still have mine.....351W, FMX trans, I used a 72 Torino as a donor, everything was done by me except the upholstery on the bench seat, I'm currently debating on selling it to get a mid 60's T-bird or redo the styling on this one.

• Upvote 1

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

Who's radar? :-O

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

6.6 Liter with WS6 performance package.  Looked fast, sounded fast, was fast.

Joe Paradiso

Who's radar? :-O

A state trooper's....

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

A state trooper's....

I was going to ask specifically that, but thought the better of assuming :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Every now and then my wife will ask me if I am rueful about the Buick. I tell her it was just a material object while she is the love of my life. I will remind her of the Buick however if she ever questions a set of new clubs and updated bag and accessories! lol. Don't judge me too harshly guys. Clubs and some new stuff for my last big golf purchase is not even comparable to the cost of that car. Even if I golf twice a week for the rest of my life she knows she still came out ahead!! But I know she wont ever say anything about golf. She knows how much I love her. She is a really cool gal.

Note: This thread is 3744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!