IGNORED

My son's first month!

Crim
Note: This thread is 3798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats!

Three things:

1) Expect your kid will probably be the best thing to ever happen to you. The first three to six months will be trying but after than it gets exponentially more rewarding - there is nothing so simple yet pleasing as getting a big smile and hug from your little one. You'll have some occasional nights when you'll get no sleep, your kid will cry for hours, and you won't be able to figure out why or figure out a cure. It's going to happen, so just be patient with it because it will pass - think of it like an hour in the dentist's chair, not your favorite time but it will be over soon.

2) Take more pictures than you think you'll need, regularly back them up onto a big flash drive or portable hard drive (or get an online storage service) and keep them stored in a fireproof safe.

3) Keep an online journal and record all of those milestones and quirky, funny things that kids say and do the same day they occur - you'll never be able to remember more than half of them and will regret how much you forget in later years unless you record it somehow. An easy way to do this is just to keep it in one or two draft e-mails to yourself under a Hotmail, Yahoo mail, or G-Mail account and just keep saving it as a draft after every update. Here's a few examples from my journal of my daughter's quotes: [THUD!, from the bathroom] - Q: Are you alright in there? A: OWWWWW! I fell off the toilet and hit my head so hard I can't do math any more." [age 4]. Q: What's your favorite thing to do? A: I like to go hang gliding. I think I used to hang glide when I was two. I used to play tennis when I was a baby in my crib until I hit myself and cut my lip [age 3].

Pretty much agree with all three, especially for 2 and 3. You can't have enough pictures or videos of your little one. My wife and I had two kids back-to-back - they're Irish twins - and because both our hands were full, it was hard to take videos and pictures since they both required a lot of attention. They're almost 2 and 3 now, and when looking at our pictures, we were a little upset that we missed capturing a few milestones for both of them, especially our second son.

The first few months will definitely be trying but patience is key. Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

@Crim

I noticed two things from the video.

1.  The beagle looks very comfortable around the baby.

2.  The cat looks less than impressed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Crim

I noticed two things from the video.

1.  The beagle looks very comfortable around the baby.

2.  The cat looks less than impressed.

Hahaha the funny thing is, on a regular day to day basis...it's actually quite the opposite.

The beagle runs whenever someone is carrying Jameson near her.

and the Russian Blue now comes over and sniffs the little guy and hangs out.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Hahaha the funny thing is, on a regular day to day basis...it's actually quite the opposite.

The beagle runs whenever someone is carrying Jameson near her.

and the Russian Blue now comes over and sniffs the little guy and hangs out.

"I love the smell of Desitin in the morning", said the Russian Blue.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!