IGNORED

How do you beat the winter blues

iHack
Note: This thread is 3747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I get a short, kid's club and swing it in front of the tv and practice weight forward, or in front of a bathroom mirror, or swing that club with my head against a wall for steady head.  Develop a workout for the golf game.

And then schedule a trip to Southern California.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A local driving range has a very good simulator and I play once per week in their league.    One of the local pga pros usually has a winter tune-up lesson package which includes 10 trips to the indoor range.   Last year I started at the local yoga studio during the winter and probably will go back again soon.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Keep two clubs in our family room with high ceiling , to  my wife's chagrin . Swing few times a day . With the big screen tv in front of me on the wall , I can actually look at my setup etc , when the tv is off . Going to florida in feb . Watch the golf channel , bitch and moan , look forward to retirement in Sc in 2 years .

I'm a member at a simulator facility that has HDgolf simulators. I'm there 4 or 5 times a week including a couple of leagues.  Not quite the same but it's good to keep swinging and the social aspect is great too.  Met many a golfing buddy there.

We usually head to Florida before Christmas as well but no time this year, arranging a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach area instead just before Christmas.

Brad

Last year I broke a light swinging in the living room...so no I wait for the lake near my house to freeze and belt crap balls out onto the lake. Until then I use my daughters micky mouse club and ball to play with her indoors

• Administrator

http://thegolfevolution.com/metro/ :-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://thegolfevolution.com/metro/

The trouble with your facility is you don't have anything of value that can be destroyed by a hooked or shanked shot. You need an unprotected window or television that'll provide an element of danger to those hitting into the nets.

Nice facility.

It's only November and I'm already banging my head against the wall. What do you all do to beat the offseason

Live vicariously through the "what'd you shoot today" posts of ST members living in warmer regions. Bastards!

Also, I have a workshop with a net and hitting mat. Inevitably, I'll go outside and hit into the yard just to watch the ball flight knowing full well that the balls will be lost until spring. I'll go through more golf balls this time of the year than I will during golf season.

Jon

Slow mo swings in my spare room in front of a full length mirror, slow mo swings at the office when I have a few minutes at lunch, sneaking to the heated range a couple of times a month, and this year I'm going to try some indoor sims.

Russ B.

Great opportunity to work on the putting stroke in the living room.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Normally I still hit the driving range or play...I live in Florida. This year though, I'm deployed to the middle east so I'm doing nothing golf related. Just working out. I'm fortunate because I typically hit my irons well no matter how long I lay off. My driver on the other hand will likely be a mess...I just ordered a new driver and I'm inconsistent off the tee anyway. My putting will be horrid because I don't put the work in.

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell

3/5 Wood: Adams Ovation

Irons: Cobra UFI

Putter: Titleist Dead Center, circa 1985

Now I feel kind of guilty for what I was about to write... But hey, we have to deal with extreme heat in the summers.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I hunt.

Yep. When it's too cold for golf it's just right to hunt. Before I started playing golf I hunted all the time from September to February but after I started playing golf my hunting time reduced to bad weather.

The perfect day is to get a buck in the morning when the ground is still frozen and win the 12:30 game at the golf course after it warms up.

Note: This thread is 3747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!