IGNORED

How do you beat the winter blues

iHack
Note: This thread is 3768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was going write that it doesn't apply to me because I live in SoCal...but today it's raining lol. Guess I'll be swinging away in my living room tonight like everyone else... while my gf rolls her eyes and my dog runs and hides.

Yep, still about an inch or so that hasn't melted off yet. I'm hoping that between today and tomorrow it will be gone. If not, might be 2 days at the range (the one I go to has mats) but that's cool too...I'm just dying to get out and swing a club.

Here comes the rain to wash the snow away.

How do I beat the Winter Blues. Practicing my golf swing indoors, and lots of video game time :beer: . I could throw in my old Tiger Woods golf again, and see how many sub 60 rounds of golf I can pull off in a row.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I beat the "winter blues" here in Northern California by wearing a light jacket while I golf. :) Went out on Saturday in a chilly 61 degrees. Tee time for next Saturday already booked, should be about the same weather wise.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Oh, you have no idea what a chilly weather is... ;-)

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

I beat the "winter blues" here in Northern California by wearing a light jacket while I golf. :) Went out on Saturday in a chilly 61 degrees. Tee time for next Saturday already booked, should be about the same weather wise.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You are absolutely correct about that. We had a "cold snap" where the temps were in the teens overnight for about a week and people here lost their minds. I actually had to go and buy a winter coat, normally I get by with a track jacket or something. We're all soft here on the west coast.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

This is why I pay ridiculous amounts of money to live in San Diego. It's well worth it during the winter months. Cold for us is in the 50s. It's supposed to be in the mid-70s all this week and I'll be out on there on the course enjoying it. Nothing better then golfing in shorts in December.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

What do you all do to beat the offseason

Right now I'm playing racquetball 3 days a week.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

My winter quality time is taking my son bowling.   He's 11yrs old, weighs 80lbs, and he's adapted a 2-handed bowling style so he can throw it down the lanes with speed and revs to get pin carry.

Here he is ready to deliver another strike...LOL    Sorry for the focus: damn camera phones are difficult to focus!

His good games are in the 200's with a personal best game of 254.   Not too bad for a skinny little kid throwing a 10lb ball!!  He mimics Jason Belmonte and Osku Palermo.  (PBA 2-handers)  I sure didn't teach him any of this!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Does he just put only 2 fingers in with the thumb outside? I bowled that way and man does it put a hell of a hook on it, I had to start all the way on the left hand side of the lane in order to have enough room for it but when it is done right that ball just blows those pins up. I was able to use a 16 pound ball being a grown adult and had lifters in the ball, it's been over 20 years since I last bowled a game and I would probably be lucky to break 100. :doh:

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note: This thread is 3768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!