IGNORED

Your Best Moments This Past Golf Season (2013)

iceman777
Note: This thread is 3773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a 20 handicapper and only play nine once a week . Now that the season is coming to an end here in RI ,I thought about some of my best , or at least memorable 2013 golf moments .. I recently got to play Pinehurst No 2 for the bubble , thanks to my uncle Donald , who lives at Pinehurst .. I got the 2nd eagle of my life , pure luck , holing out from about 150yards . Also got my 3rd birdie , on a par 3 . Hit my longest drive ever , about 275 , with no wind  Oh I can't forget a "memorable "  moment : 2 weeks ago , my drive landed next to a stone wall . I play it as it lies ,  stand on the wall , ball well below my feet . I proceed to  complete my downswing , the club hits the wall, my 7 iron breaks in half . Now I am holding the bottom half of my recently purchased Ping 25 , and the club head goes about 5 feet straight up and lands in the tree above me . I shake the tree and catch the club .  Ugh . Should be getting it back from Ping any day for about 50 bucks . What a great game .

The best moment? This:

It's by no means a hole in one, eagle or anything "fantastic" but for a 180y 5i I'm well happy with the result.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

.Getting a real swing. Playing nice rounds with my son, daughter and various friends. Starting to enjoy the game with less stress about scoring. I like the OP's story about sending back a club to Ping and getting a new club for $50?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing with my wife and witnessing her first ever par on a par-5 hole AND breaking 100 for the first time during the same round. This is her 5th season playing. She was so happy she bought dinner that evening!

It's great to be married to someone who is truly excited over me scheduling a golf and gambling vacation for us.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Holed out a shot from the sand on a 185 yard par 3 for a birdie.  Obviously more luck than skill but was one of those shots I'll probably never forget.

Joe Paradiso

- Getting my 1st birdie on holiday. Chipped in from about 20yards and continued to roll and roll and then went in

- Getting my 1st Eagle. Great drive to centre of fairway, 2nd shot 5i to pin high, but just off green. Chip in that again, rolled a lot and just went right round the hole but snuck in the back somehow!

- Winning my 1st competition and also getting a birdie on a Par3 so winning more money!

- Chipping in from 50yards

- Playing against someone in competition who shot -4 for the round. Incredible to watch, especially considering he is 19.

- Beating my dad for the first time in doubles match-play recently :-D

Best of all, but not really a 'moment' - getting my handicap down from 26>17

I'd have to say that shooting a 75 was the highlight of my season. It wasn't my career low, but I was recovering from an injury and didn't expected to golf this season. I shot -1 on the front and +4 on the back (I got too excited) and finished +3. It felt pretty good!

Will W

I have what I consider 2 golf highlights from 2013 in this order::

1. Being able to play a few rounds with my dad.  We live far apart and he's getting up in the years.

2. One round stands out as my best:  73.2CR 141slope........I scored a -1 71 on my new home track. my first sub 72 score on this difficult golf course.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

In my semi final match this summer, I had just birdie the 15th hole, par 3 and my opponent walk off shaking his head. He say's to me, "I can't believe I'm even par for the day and Dormie" I went crazy after the turn, 3 under through next six holes. I played in a Ryder Cup style event three years ago and had a similar day with 4 birdies through the first 8 holes, with the last bird played from the back green side bunker. The beauty of the win was having a gallery of both teams surrounding the green. I'll never forget the roar and I turned to a teammate an proclaimed "How do you like me NOW" But, my most dearest memory will always be a birdie putt holed on the 18th green from 40 ft to win a $350 press to break even for the day against the head pro . My partner was sweating bullets. The day had started as a friendly $5 Nassau. Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Definitely chipping in from 40 yards while playing with strangers. It felt good off the club and continued right on into the hole.

Another good one was a birdie on a pretty easy par 4 followed by a birdie on a par 5 dog leg left where i bombed my drive over the trees in the dog leg (mainly an accidental hook that just happened to land in the fairway but I'll take it). Par 3 followed with a par and then another birdie on the next par 4. Needless to say that was my best stretch of holes of the summer.

Driver: TBD

Irons: Taylormade MC 3-PW Steel

Wedges: Cleveland CG-15 56° and 60° 

Putter: Ping Karsten with Super Stroke grip

Ball: Callway Hex Chrome

For me it was shooting a 77. And  i missed my 1st eagle by 3" twice.  I also drove a par 4....it was only 325 but still I drove it.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Hole in one on 1-12-13 on the 11th hole at Oak Valley Golf Club. That was following an ace on the same hole on 12-1-12. It took me forty years to get my first one, and got my second a month later. Crazy game!

Early in the year, played a Par 5 first hole-500 yards. Hit drive into bunker, hit a poor bunker shot to about 180 yards, hit my six iron into the hole for an eagle.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 3773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!