IGNORED

Opinions on 14 slot bags

Note: This thread is 3680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I'm far from OCD about my clubs getting dinged up, I just hate hearing them clang when I ride or walk with a cart.  I am a bit OCD about being organized and like 14 slot dividers so that I know exactly where each club is.  If I carried my bag I'd definitely opt for something lighter and slots would be less important.

I think we're all a little OCD if we are here… lol. As I stated, it is the extent of our OCD … and from your response, you "get it." I was once Mr. Anal Retentive about everything; but I've overcome it… Glad you are far from OCD about dinging … I don't like the clanging either - it's why I use a towel.

I lack the organization gene - so slots don't work for me … besides that fact I carry a couple of drivers and training aids.

I don't think it's OCD to not want the grips to lock into each other as we put the clubs away, or have the clubs make a clacking sound as we walk the course.

Plus, it ruins the finish on some of the irons... :-X

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

What about just putting 14 tubes in a regular bag? Or does that get too heavy?

If you don't walk the weight wouldn't be a real concern, right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If you don't walk the weight wouldn't be a real concern, right?

No it wouldn't but seeing as how I always walk...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I don't think it's OCD to not want the grips to lock into each other as we put the clubs away, or have the clubs make a clacking sound as we walk the course.

Plus, it ruins the finish on some of the irons...

Denial...

:-$

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

What about just putting 14 tubes in a regular bag? Or does that get too heavy?

I tried it and had no issue carrying them. But if you have graphite shafts, over time, t ube top rubs against shaft and damages paint and even shaft. Once I realized what was happening, I've made some adjustments so that tube top do not rub against shaft.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I have the 14-way SM Hybrid bag for when I ride or push and the 4-way SM Three 5 bag for when I walk. When walking will watch out for the hit a 6 when I thought it was a 9 catastrophe!

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

i have a 6 compartment bad and i'd love to get the 14. i think it just keeps you more organized and looks so much better. i've made the 6 iron or 9 iron mistake before but acutally hit the ball and didn't realize until my shot didn't go as far as i had hoped. whoops.

I'm not a fan if the 14 divider bags. It may be from the many summers I spent caddying as a kid, that organizing a bag with 3, 4, or 6 slots is like second nature.

• 1 month later...

I play with a 14 way Titleist bag and love it. I always know where every club is and with my OCD  its important I have everything in number order. My GF is also just taking up golf and I have expressed the importance of an empty slot meaning you left your club somewhere on the course...Same with headcovers, always cover woods back up so I know where everything is...

I would never go back to anything else. The 14 way divider is awesome.. For me it's all about the organization and te fact that the grips don't wear and rub at all. I suggest the Ping DLX cart bag... Great quality and looks very sharp.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm one of the odd ones apparently.  I bought a 14 divider TM bag, used it 1 time and gave it to my son.  I just did not like it.  I prefer the 6 slot bag.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I'm one of the odd ones apparently.  I bought a 14 divider TM bag, used it 1 time and gave it to my son.  I just did not like it.  I prefer the 6 slot bag.

My friend has the same views, I don't really get it but to each their own I guess. I just found that I was getting my grips redone twice a year from all the grinding they would do.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I actually tore a sizable piece out of a soft putter grip mid round when I carried a stand bag with 4 dividers due to grips sticking together. Every time I pulled a club I had to yank on it.

Dave :-)

• 1 month later...
I just picked up a Titilest 14 slot carry bag. I am looking forward to trying it out. I do not like less than 14 for sure.

I just picked up a Titilest 14 slot carry bag. I am looking forward to trying it out. I do not like less than 14 for sure.

Does it have a separate putter well? My ping bag has one and I'm loving it.

Note: This thread is 3680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!