IGNORED

A month to shoot 70's

Kelzzy
Note: This thread is 3754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

BTW, Is this a 29 day month or a 31 day month?

That two days could be the difference between shooting in the low 80's and high 70's.

I had no idea leap day was in December this year.

Wait, do the Mayans know about this?

Oops. :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's a journal.. I'm just jotting down my thoughts.. k?

Sorry, for some reason I thought it was an instructional thing like "Shoot 70's in 30 days" or something to that effect. :doh:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

First, I don't know if the school would even be allowed to do this by the local/state governing bodies, in the same way my employer couldn't allow me to work a continuous 8 hour workday if I wanted to.

Second, I'm curious as to why/how you think the school could accommodate this even if they wanted to.  Aren't you in classes with 15-30 other students?  Are the teachers going to start their classes 5 minutes early for you only?  Or is there some other way this can be accomplished that I'm not thinking of?

I talked to my counselor today, and she said she would be more than happy to change my schedule for golf (i'm a good student hehe).. I just have to check with the principle first, which she thinks he'll say yes.

I wish I could drive / had a car.. I'd wake up at 4 and go practice, then leave for school... sadly i live too far away from the course to walkk

I'm not trying to spoil the fun but wouldn't a better media for a play by play diary or journal be on a dedicated personal website with a blog tab or even facebook....or am I being a party pooper?

No idea, I like to do it the on the forum for 1. lolz 2. feedback 3. forum fun

Okay brothers, I'm heading out to the course now. Cya soon!

Sorry, for some reason I thought it was an instructional thing like "Shoot 70's in 30 days" or something to that effect.

I'm sorry, I sounded mean. We're all good bud :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfisher

I'm not trying to spoil the fun but wouldn't a better media for a play by play diary or journal be on a dedicated personal website with a blog tab or even facebook....or am I being a party pooper?

No idea, I like to do it the on the forum for 1. lolz 2. feedback 3. forum fun

Okay brothers, I'm heading out to the course now. Cya soon!

I just noticed that you have about the same handicap as my son. I wonder if I could convince him to try this? Unfortunately, he spends his time studying 4 hours a day after school.

Well, good luck. Now that I think about it, for you to shoot 79s does not seem all that outrageous.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I talked to my counselor today, and she said she would be more than happy to change my schedule for golf (i'm a good student hehe).. I just have to check with the principle first, which she thinks he'll say yes. I wish I could drive / had a car.. I'd wake up at 4 and go practice, then leave for school... sadly i live too far away from the course to walkk

Was it as simple as switching/skipping lunch, as the others suggested?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

when I'm in the Big Show.

While I hear confidence in yourself if key, a little bird once told me that humility is just as important. I suppose if you had used the phrase "If I make it to the Big Show" I wouldn't have felt the entire thing to be quite as pretentious as it comes off with your current wording. I'm sorry if my comment came off harsh, it is only meant to be taken as a comment from the peanut gallery.

• Administrator

@Kelzzy , please mind the multi-posts (use multi quoting): .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

While I hear confidence in yourself if key, a little bird once told me that humility is just as important. I suppose if you had used the phrase "If I make it to the Big Show" I wouldn't have felt the entire thing to be quite as pretentious as it comes off with your current wording. I'm sorry if my comment came off harsh, it is only meant to be taken as a comment from the peanut gallery.

I just think it's going to be funny when we read this an I am about to make a putt for the US Open.. but you know..

Anway, here we go! New entry!

Day 4

Coldest day of the week! A freezing 24 degrees hit course around 5 oclock, but I managed to get my range work in before dark. Despite stinging my hands a couple of times, I warmed up with my irons, finally, moving on to the big clubs. To my biggest surprise, I was hitting the hybrid, 3-wood, and driver the best I've ever hit them. I haven't swung those sticks in nearly 4 months, but it felt like I have been practicing for years. As the sun dropped, I moved onto my driver. Although I wasn't able to see the shots after about 10 hits, I still felt great fluidity in my swing. I feel like I'm firing and exploding after the ball more than I have ever have. I will post a video tomorrow.

Moving on to one of the funniest parts of the practice, the short game! Chipping today was all about the feel, as night grew harder and harder to see the white ball. However, I knew I was making chips and could see a faint round object float next to the hole. I really am surprising myself at how far I've come in just four days.

You would think that the coldness is a disadvantage, but while I struck with my 56 degree deep in the rough, I got into thinking of how it is actually an advantage. Why? There's so many factors that the cold brings into golf play, wind, frozen muscles, stiff hands, etc. Imagine if you can shoot 70's in the cold cold winter days, just what you can do during the heat of summer? I am getting pumped up more and more every day I go out, and feel very confident in myself. However, we have to realize that by me being confident, I'm not boasting. Confidence is a strong belief in one self, boasting is forcing a strong belief of one self into others in their face. It is impossible to have overconfidence.

In other news, I can now add about 2 or 3 more hours to my practice, as I bought a screen and some turf for just 35 bucks at Big 5, what a snag! Like I said, if I had the opportunity to, I would drive to the course at 4 in the morning to practice. Well, now I don't have to get a car ... it'll be in my backyard! Hopefully I don't wake up my family with the crack of my club.

Stay tuned for the video tomorrow!

Was it as simple as switching/skipping lunch, as the others suggested?

That wouldn't have helped. No way would my parents gave me a ride to the course, and lunch is only 50 minutes long or something like that. By the time I got stretched out and warmed up, it'd be time to go back.

However, my counselor is really cool and I think she's going to let me do this. That means, instead of getting off at 2:43pm, I can get off at 1:40 or earlier. I just have to take 8 straight hours of class, but I'm up for it ... lunch was boring enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretzel

I just think it's going to be funny when we read this an I am about to make a putt for the US Open.. but you know..

If you are serious, I hate to burst your bubble.  In order to be a world class at anything, 1) God must smile on you, i.e. you are exceptionally talented, and 2) you should be working every waking hour on golf.   I've been there myself on another sport and I didn't have 1) although I had determination and work ethic.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

If you are serious, I hate to burst your bubble.  In order to be a world class at anything, 1) God must smile on you, i.e. you are exceptionally talented, and 2) you should be working every waking hour on golf.   I've been there myself on another sport and I didn't have 1) although I had determination and work ethic.

Yeah okay.
>implying I'm not playing or thinking about golf all the time.

I take notes about things that pop in my head about golf, for my practice later. My notebook is filled with pages and pages of notes and drills from myself, pros, and others around the course I've met. It's impossible to play golf "every waking moment", which no-one can do.. you can be homeschooled, but like somebody mentioned, most pros went to regular school.

"Hate to burst your bubble".. don't worry about it, I thought it wasn't much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Yeah okay.

>implying I'm not playing or thinking about golf all the time.

I take notes about things that pop in my head about golf, for my practice later. My notebook is filled with pages and pages of notes and drills from myself, pros, and others around the course I've met. It's impossible to play golf "every waking moment", which no-one can do.. you can be homeschooled, but like somebody mentioned, most pros went to regular school.

"Hate to burst your bubble".. don't worry about it, I thought it wasn't much.

Good luck and best wishes.   Enjoy the journey.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Small point of clarification for me (a question):

I thought kelzzy, when he originally started posting here, was listed as a single-digit handicap.  Did that change or am I just remembering things inaccurately?

Going from a 14 handicap to the US Open is quite the task, no matter how recently you picked up the game.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!