IGNORED

A month to shoot 70's

Kelzzy
Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes there is probably too much head movement, I also see a grip that's too strong (baseball) got to work that out over time, the movement almost looks like he's forcing himself to bend more at the knees at the takeaway ala Tiger and then get that "pop" straightening up move at contact, however I'm not sure Tiger does it like that and even if he does it's probably way more subtle, Kelzzy I think you may want to try just a bit more narrow stance and keep things more steady below the waist. Just try to be more relaxed over the ball and during the swing.

Agreed. I was trying too hard to make my swing perfect for the video. I'll post a more natural one tonight

So we are in a holding pattern at "Day 7."

Sorry, been busy.

Day 7 & 8

My game is coming a long way, but I think the biggest thing I need to focus on is committing to my shots. I can hit my irons nearly, if not better, than the top players in Norcal if I commit to them. Every time I commit to my shot, I go par or better... I'm not saying this is because I'm great or anything, but this is because how golf is. I'm understanding how psychological this game really is, and it applies to everyone. A guy with just a little talent has the ability to shoot a good score as long as they commit to their shots every single time. It's harder than it seems, however.. but I'm getting to that stage.

My short game is coming along nicely, as well. I'm getting a great feel for the putter and an even better one for my wedges. I usually practice short game around 3-4 hours a day, and it's really paying off. However, commitment is key in the shortgame as well. I was thinking last night, with the degree dropping nearly below 20, I came up short on a long 25 foot putt. I thought: "Why did I come up short? If I hit it hard, I'd still be a couple feet away like I am now, but instead I'm short and feet away. If I hit it harder, I would have a much better chance of sinking the putt." Next time I go out, all I'm concentrating on is commit, commit, commit.

I stopped taking videos of my swing, as I'm beginning to think about my swing far too much. I had to take a step back and grab a drink of water on the range yesterday as I was so involved in the right swing for me. I went from a smooth, Dufner like swing, to an intense Tiger Woods swing, until I settled to what's natural for me. After all, I did play golf since I was four until the age of 9, that's 5 years of technique built into me... I just need to trust my fundamentals and go play the course. Like I said, if I commit, I can go par or better.

However, the biggest problem that plagues my game right now is the driver. I can play every aspect of the game very very good, except the driver. Yesterday on the range I couldn't even hit the thing, and it's really driving me crazy. Luckily, the weekend is coming up and I get a couple days to key it in. I feel if I can get my drives consistent, I will drop subpar with ease.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkuehn1952

So we are in a holding pattern at "Day 7."

Sorry, been busy.

Day 7 & 8

My game is coming a long way, but I think the biggest thing I need to focus on is committing to my shots. I can hit my irons nearly, if not better, than the top players in Norcal if I commit to them. Every time I commit to my shot, I go par or better... I'm not saying this is because I'm great or anything, but this is because how golf is. I'm understanding how psychological this game really is, and it applies to everyone. A guy with just a little talent has the ability to shoot a good score as long as they commit to their shots every single time. It's harder than it seems, however.. but I'm getting to that stage.

My short game is coming along nicely, as well. I'm getting a great feel for the putter and an even better one for my wedges. I usually practice short game around 3-4 hours a day, and it's really paying off. However, commitment is key in the shortgame as well. I was thinking last night, with the degree dropping nearly below 20, I came up short on a long 25 foot putt. I thought: "Why did I come up short? If I hit it hard, I'd still be a couple feet away like I am now, but instead I'm short and feet away. If I hit it harder, I would have a much better chance of sinking the putt." Next time I go out, all I'm concentrating on is commit, commit, commit.

I stopped taking videos of my swing, as I'm beginning to think about my swing far too much. I had to take a step back and grab a drink of water on the range yesterday as I was so involved in the right swing for me. I went from a smooth, Dufner like swing, to an intense Tiger Woods swing, until I settled to what's natural for me. After all, I did play golf since I was four until the age of 9, that's 5 years of technique built into me... I just need to trust my fundamentals and go play the course. Like I said, if I commit, I can go par or better.

However, the biggest problem that plagues my game right now is the driver. I can play every aspect of the game very very good, except the driver. Yesterday on the range I couldn't even hit the thing, and it's really driving me crazy. Luckily, the weekend is coming up and I get a couple days to key it in. I feel if I can get my drives consistent, I will drop subpar with ease.

Your 8.69 handicap shows that you are shooting close to the 70's. You are meeting your goal! Just two strokes to go.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your 8.69 handicap shows that you are shooting close to the 70's. You are meeting your goal! Just two strokes to go.

It's not an official handicap. I got a message from iacas saying I need to put a handicap up, and after discussing the best rounds I played in a tournament was an 84, he said to put it from 8-12.. so I did 8.69. But I surely am getting closer

Day 9

My game has come a very far away since I took the club up again nine days ago. I hit about a bucket or so to warm my clubs up after school, and it wasn't as chilly as it used to be. Me and my dad have been working on a better swing, although we don't want to twerk it too much. However, I have created it so I reach back more backwards, and cut out my casting I once did. I also am attempting to get in the slot of pulling down more than I used to, and less head movement. In all, my swing is coming along great. I didn't hit one slice today on the range, and made some pretty good shots.

But the real test came as I walked to the putting green to get a tee time. My friend, number one in norcal, was standing there tapping in some putts. A little small talk I got to the point that I was going to play a round, and he wanted to come out.

As I stepped on the first tee with a 6-iron, he did his best to freak me out. Standing about 5 feet or so to the side of me, crossing his arms, he was nothing less than an intimidation. However, I zoned in and took a swing. Muscle memory crushed the ball straight down the center of the fairway over 170 yards. Both he and I were shocked, but more him than I. Paring the first whole, the round continued to go on a par streak. I finished our four hole loop at an even par, right in front of the best player around. Oh, and he was doing is very best to mess me up, but all in good favor of course. Saying things in my backswing and other things, but I appreciated it as it's only making me better. Every time we go play together we try to get in eachothers heads to our best abilities as it helps us zone in and prepare for the tournament pressure.

If I continued to play a full round, I'm not sure what I'd shoot. I didn't have to use my driver once in the four holes, and that is the only club that ruins my game. Every time I hit a good tee shot, I do par or better ... every. single. time. However, I'm having major trouble with the driver.. but my dad and I intend to work on it this weekend.

It's going to be a great week! Stay tuned!

Day 9 My game has come a very far away since I took the club up again nine days ago. I hit about a bucket or so to warm my clubs up after school, and it wasn't as chilly as it used to be. Me and my dad have been working on a better swing, although we don't want to twerk it too much . However, I have created it so I reach back more backwards, and cut out my casting I once did. I also am attempting to get in the slot of pulling down more than I used to, and less head movement. In all, my swing is coming along great. I didn't hit one slice today on the range, and made some pretty good shots.

Twerking during the golf swing: not advisable.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Unless you're a hooker!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Even then, it might make you start to top it. At least as a hooker you can get the ball off the ground.

Unless you're a hooker!

LOLOLOL

I'm not trying to be mean, but maybe you should use some of the time you're spending on golf practice to study. Your spelling and grammar are pretty bad. It would suck if you got good enough at golf to make the team, but didn't have the grades.

I'm not trying to be mean, but maybe you should use some of the time you're spending on golf practice to study. Your spelling and grammar are pretty bad. It would suck if you got good enough at golf to make the team, but didn't have the grades.

This is a journal, not a professional article. If you think I can't write, you should really check out my website (rated third in the nation cough cough) and other professional websites I've written for. I would give you links but don't want to release my full name.. also, I have the highest grade in my english Honors class at a 96 percent.

This is a journal, not a professional article. If you think I can't write, you should really check out my website (rated third in the nation cough cough) and other professional websites I've written for. I would give you links but don't want to release my full name.. also, I have the highest grade in my english Honors class at a 96 percent.

I'm Chuck Norris. True story.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

No it isnt. [quote name="Kelzzy" url="/t/71371/a-month-to-shoot-70s/90#post_929935"]This is a journal, not a professional article. If you think I can't write, you should really check out my website ( rated third in the nation cough cough) and other professional websites I've written for. I would give you links but don't want to release my full name.. also, I have the highest grade in my english Honors class at a 96 percent. [/quote] P.S. "91-years to this day, a legend was born. It's doubtful to say that on October 27th, 1922, the Kiner family would be apart of the Hall of Fame. But they are now, and it's because of Ralph Kiner, who turns 91 today."-Not good writing. Site not updated in a week.-Nice try.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I'm Chuck Norris. True story.

Is it true you push the earth down and let it go back up when doing push ups?

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Kelzzy you really need to learn to ignore posts like that unless your willing to make your point 100%, truth is you look just as bad.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

If you think I can't write, you should really check out my website (rated third in the nation cough cough) and other professional websites I've written for. I would give you links but don't want to release my full name..

Then don't bring it up.

Also, I have a newsflash for you: if you are any good and have any chance of making the US Open someday, we will all know your full name pretty soon.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Easily found.-My granddaughter found it in seconds and I included a quote above.-Not going to share it if he doesnt want it shared but it is easy to find. What is the topic again?[quote name="bplewis24" url="/t/71371/a-month-to-shoot-70s/90#post_929943"] Then don't bring it up.   Also, I have a newsflash for you: if you are any good and have any chance of making the US Open someday, we will all know your full name pretty soon. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!