IGNORED

Golf balls used per round.

jrodz
Note: This thread is 3746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

New here at The Sand Trap so might as well start a thread to see how this works. I was wondering how many golf balls on average you use per round and/or monthly? That question has always lingered in my mind maybe I can get a better picture of how many balls everybody else uses other than me.

I absolutely have no clue!  LOL...on a good day, I use 1!

On average.....2-3, but this is just a guess because I don't keep stats on how many balls I lose.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I absolutely have no clue!  LOL...on a good day, I use 1!

On average.....2-3, but this is just a guess because I don't keep stats on how many balls I lose.

Same here.  In the last two rounds, I think I used 1 or 2 balls.  2 - 3 per round if I had a bad round (multiple OBs).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On a good day, no surprise here, I use 1.  It's a pretty safe bet that if I finish the round with the same ball I started, then I probably scored quite well for me. :)

But I would guess that, on average, that I probably lose between 1 and 2 per round over the long haul.

Side note:  I did have one horrible round last year where I lost count of how many balls I lost ... but I think it was 8!!!  Whoops. :)

Depends, on a tough course with a ton of trees, and bushes, or in a desert setting, I could have easily lost 2 sleeves. On my local public track, 2 at most on an average day, Oh and if there's lots of water it could be a crap shoot on the amount I loose..lol

BTW, welcome aboard. Might want to introduce yourself in the Welcome forum.

In the middle of the season at my home course, 2 - 3.  In the fall when there are a lot of leaves on the ground, maybe 4-5.  New courses with lots of trees or water will drive the numbers up over average.

Joe Paradiso

Really depends on where I'm playing, but I played 40 rounds at my home course and used 2 dozen balls give or take a sleeve.  However, the 5 rounds I played on our annual buddies trip, I probably used 2 dozen balls.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Like most decent players, general expectations are one, but expectations don't always match reality.  I'll lose a ball every now and then just like everyone else.  Seldom more than one in a round though.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I'd guess 2 on average.  As stated above, it gets worse in the fall b/c of the enormity of the leaves.  I also tend to toss ones that get too scuffed on a cart path or something.  And I hit the ball in the water on hole 13 at my home course almost every  time.  I hate that hole!

I'll say 2, but I've never even tried to measure it.  I've played 3 or 4 rounds with a single ball, then lost 3 in one round.  All I know is that when I run low, I buy another dozen.  I don't bother to get any deeper into the supply stats.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Hmmm. I would say between the island green, the peninsula green, and the 6 OB right holes with thick woods and very little chance to find the ball, my average is between two and three.

It's a fairly rare day when I make it through the round with one ball. I'm likely to lose at least one even if I shoot under par (which doesn't happen a lot lately). Damned island green!!!

I usually play at an easy short course where you can make a lot of birdies but it's also a course where you can lose a lot of balls. Sort of a crooked hitter's nightmare and a straight hitter's dream.

Usually 2-3.  It depends how Im hitting the ball that day though.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

SO... I am a bit embarrassed by this one.

On a good day I use the same ball all day long - the  problem is when i have a bad day.

So let me add a bit of context - good day golf for me is 84/85 - i avg prob 88/90

HOWEVER,

I can go out there on a bad day and literally lose 12 balls - it frustrates me to no end and i dont know how or why i am so grossly inconsistent at time.

I played lake presidential in the DC area over the summer for the first time and shot 84 - lost one ball - then turned around flew back home and played a course i know well and lost 3 sleeves

I just dont get it all the time

Anyway - at least now that I have started my big and tall golf brand Aveo at least i look good when i lose balls - LOL

www.facebook.com/aveogolf

www.aveogolf.com

check us out on www.golfsmith.com

Like most decent players, general expectations are one, but expectations don't always match reality.  I'll lose a ball every now and then just like everyone else.  Seldom more than one in a round though.

I'm more likely to not lose a ball during a round, as I am that it hits the damn cart path and I have to take it out of play.  But for the most, like most decent players, I'm playing with one ball a round, and every so often I will lose one now and then.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I have not lost any balls for the last 4 or 5 rounds, go figure.

But prior to that I will lose a ball like any one else here or there but not enough to worry about.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Balls lost per round is perhaps the clearest indicator that I have improved over the last couple years.     When I started, I would lose a lot ... this year I probably can get through most rounds with one sleeve of balls.      Totally depends if it's an open course or a wooded mountain course...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 3746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!