IGNORED

Which Golfer's nickname is "Playfair"?

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The guys on the Ticket (sports radio station in Dallas) said one player's nickname is "Playfair" but they wouldn't reveal his identity.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Billy Mayfair???? (A 100% guess mind you, based solely on the rhyming aspect) ;)

First thing that came to my mind, too. Otherwise, would such a moniker be laudatory or derogatory? Tailgater, can you give us any context regarding what you heard on the show?

Heard that this morning too... Very curious who it is, especially since they said this guy is known for marking his ball, ahem, and pushing the rules a bit... Allegedly

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

First thing that came to my mind, too. Otherwise, would such a moniker be laudatory or derogatory? Tailgater, can you give us any context regarding what you heard on the show?

I should have done this in my original post. They were having a discussion about players that skirt the rules. They said they know of a guy that is so loose with the rules that the other tour players call him "Playfair." (I might not be spelling it correctly.) It was not a compliment in any way and was definitely derogatory.

What's In My Bag...

I never heard this before. So I googled "pga tour nickname playfair" and the only things that came up at the top were links to this board.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's probably an "insider" nickname with negative connotations since search results on the major search engines don't show it as a known nickname.   I could think of a few it would apply to that aren't named Tiger.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never heard this before. So I googled "pga tour nickname playfair" and the only things that came up at the top were links to this board.

I don't know how it's spelled. I only heard it on the radio.

What's In My Bag...

Note: This thread is 3782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!