IGNORED

Need to get some new shafts please help

Note: This thread is 3750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys im new to this forum but i have been playin my adams cb3 for a while now they have the stock kbs tour 90 stiff flex shafts .370 parallel tip i notice im hitting my ball alot higher than id like to im looking for some steel shaft options to hopefully lower my ball flight but still have a low to mid spin any suggestions? Also my swing speed is roughly 95-105 all help is greatly appreciated

Really? I play cb2"s with the same shafts and I ss  98-103 don't notice really high ball flight. It's high but not ballooning high however when I was casting a lot more than now I did notice a lot of height,

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Ya i didnt think it was really a big deal till i notice my distance was getting less and less as weeks went by my 7iron used to be 160-170 now im lucky if i get it 150 am i just getting old :) and cant hang with the young boys anymore?

Ya i didnt think it was really a big deal till i notice my distance was getting less and less as weeks went by my 7iron used to be 160-170 now im lucky if i get it 150 am i just getting old :) and cant hang with the young boys anymore?

You may want to take a lesson and see what a pro might say, sometimes it can be the simple thing that you don't notice and then bang your right back.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

No expert, but perhaps your doing something different in your swing..??

You know i never even thought of that i immediately blamed it on the shafts thanks guys i prolly woulda went and blew a ton of money on installing all new shafts ill head up to my local pro in the next few days and see if i can get this worked out

You may want to take a lesson and see what a pro might say, sometimes it can be the simple thing that you don't notice and then bang your right back.

flopster has the best first step. Diagnosing a motion flaw is a lot cheaper than reshafting, and finding the problem remains.

Specs on KBS Tour.90 Stiff (.370 tip = parallel shaft).

* 102 grams uncut; mid-high bend point (should encourage low-mid launch); firm tip.

* MPF profile code: 4B1H

• 4 = 8i from 150 yds. | Driver clubhead speed 93-107
  • B = Balance of distance and control
  • 1 = Preferred lower trajectory
  • H = Hook control

From specs sheet, it looks like you have the right shaft, just not the right swing.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You were exactly right flopster stopped by my local pro this morning and was on te range for about 20 mins before he looked at me and said ur trying to scoop the ball a couple swing adjustments here and there and i couldn believe my eyes my shots were flying farther and extremely better trajectory than what i was doing it was as simple as i had stopped driving down on the ball . within 45 mins my 7 iron was between 155-165 with the conditions being brutally cold and "thick" when i first started today i was lucky to get 145 cant wait for some warmer weather to get back out and continue my play

• 2 weeks later...

You were exactly right flopster stopped by my local pro this morning and was on te range for about 20 mins before he looked at me and said ur trying to scoop the ball a couple swing adjustments here and there and i couldn believe my eyes my shots were flying farther and extremely better trajectory than what i was doing it was as simple as i had stopped driving down on the ball . within 45 mins my 7 iron was between 155-165 with the conditions being brutally cold and "thick" when i first started today i was lucky to get 145 cant wait for some warmer weather to get back out and continue my play

That's great news, and even better news for your wallet, sometimes it's not easy admitting it's the archer and not the bow, but when we realize that's the case the best part of it is a new confidence in our games and equipment. A golf store would never offer that advice.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

That's great news, and even better news for your wallet, sometimes it's not easy admitting it's the archer and not the bow, but when we realize that's the case the best part of it is a new confidence in our games and equipment. A golf store would never offer that advice.

That said, if you take a lesson and find it's not the archer, then it is the bow.

I reached a point about 2008 in which I just couldn't bend the Stiff shafts anymore. I switched to Regular, and got some of my distance back.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That said, if you take a lesson and find it's not the archer, [COLOR=0000CD] then it is the bow. [/COLOR] I reached a point about 2008 in which I just couldn't bend the Stiff shafts anymore. I switched to Regular, and got some of my distance back.

I thought about that alot switchin to regular shafts and flopper it is hard to admit that its my own swing as opposed to the "bow" ive hit the range as much as i can in this ugly ohio weather since the lesson and i have to say i think im hittin the ball farther and with better flight than ever ive always be a firm believer in your swing is your own and u have to work on your own swing so i stayed away from lessons but im glad i went there are little things they can show ya and have ya do that can sometimes completely change your game Once again thanks guys for all your input and the advice main reason i joined this forum was the knowledge and freindliness of the members Thank you! -Jared from ohio

Note: This thread is 3750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!