IGNORED

How to rid of pain for good?

Kelzzy
Note: This thread is 3779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is there a way to rid of pain for good, or at least minimize it? My lower back and neck have always bothered me, from sports and taking cheap shots in the back when I was younger from some d-bag football players.

Anyway, is there a way to get rid of the lower back pain and neck pain for good, or will it always be with me? What are some things you do to get rid of pain, or at least minimize it. I notice the pain in my back affects my full turn in my swing, also the pull down etc.

Tiger Woods has back pain, but he says it's going away. What do you think pros like him do to get rid of it? Obviously I don't have thousands of bucks to spend on some professionals etc.. but will massages help, and possibly chiropractic, or are those myths? Love to hear any tips.

Note: I do stretch a lot, and get my muscles warmed up before a practice or workout.. but I still have pain.

No Doc, but I do know about back pain. Depends on what's causing the pain, and what you do to minimize it, i.e. stetching and not over extending yourself.

My spine is twisted and curved, and I have Arthritis in my lower back, the pain has been with me for 53 yrs, as I got kicked in my back while sitting on the beach when I was 18, and yes, I wound up beating the crap outta the dude, but I pay the price for that every day.

Go see a Doctor, it may be something you can cure with rehab, ect. Don't wait like I did.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No Doc, but I do know about back pain. Depends on what's causing the pain, and what you do to minimize it, i.e. stetching and not over extending yourself.

My spine is twisted and curved, and I have Arthritis in my lower back, the pain has been with me for 53 yrs, as I got kicked in my back while sitting on the beach when I was 18, and yes, I wound up beating the crap outta the dude, but I pay the price for that every day.

Go see a Doctor, it may be something you can cure with rehab, ect. Don't wait like I did.

Okay, I'll ask my parents to see if I should see a doc. I went to a chiropractic nearly a year ago and my spin was all messed up, kinda sickened me.. it helped but was expensive. IDK really, they cracked my neck wayy too hard and gave me headaches. I want my back fixed though, it's effecting my swing. The neck pain doesn't really bother me much

Okay, I'll ask my parents to see if I should see a doc. I went to a chiropractic nearly a year ago and my spin was all messed up, kinda sickened me.. it helped but was expensive. IDK really, they cracked my neck wayy too hard and gave me headaches. I want my back fixed though, it's effecting my swing. The neck pain doesn't really bother me much

If you're in high school and having back problems there could be some deep issues. None of which can be diagnosed by us non-doctors over the internet. See a doctor.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

If you're in high school and having back problems there could be some deep issues. None of which can be diagnosed by us non-doctors over the internet.

See a doctor.

Alright, we'll see. It's not like crippling pain or that kind, but I can feel it just sitting down and it affects my swing.

I'm thinking it's just all the time I've worked, and my back is just hurt / sore.. practice a ton this week

When you see the Doctor, be sure to tell him ALL of your activity's and be honest about it, Doctors aren't magicians..good luck

When you see the Doctor, be sure to tell him ALL of your activity's and be honest about it, Doctors aren't magicians..good luck

We'll see.. doctor visits are expensive. IDK if it's serious, or just from the over massing work I did. I probably practiced nearly 50 or so hours this week

We'll see.. doctor visits are expensive. IDK if it's serious, or just from the over massing work I did. I probably practiced nearly 50 or so hours this week

Your folks must have insurance..? at your age it's better to catch whatever is hurting you, Early, and to get it treated. I would gladly give 100k to have not had this pain all these years, better to safe than sorry...ya know..?

Alright, we'll see. It's not like crippling pain or that kind, but I can feel it just sitting down and it affects my swing. I'm thinking it's just all the time I've worked, and my back is just hurt / sore.. practice a ton this week

My point is that as a teenager, not much should be hurting, which is why there could be something wrong.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm not gonna spend a hundred bucks just to have him tell me it's overuse..

Well, seeing as we're not doctors and we're not actually performing any exams, it's hard to tell you to do anything other than see a doctor. Golf is obviously something you are passionate about and want to pursue, so, considering that's the case, go see a doctor; it'd be a shame for it to be something that hinders your game, especially if you could have prevented it.

Also, I know you want to improve and that you beat balls non stop trying to improve, but reading the thread on how to practice properly might help. You'll get better quicker and won't suffer from so much overuse if that is the problem.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Patient:  "Hey doc, it hurts when I do this."

Doc:  "Don't do that....."

In addition to going to a doctor, you might want to consider a good physical therapist or sports trainer to help you establish a good golf specific stretching and core/back strengthening program.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

@Kelzzy , please stop being so :doh: .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If you didn't like Chiro try an Osteopathic.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm not gonna spend a hundred bucks just to have him tell me it's overuse..

You wrote earlier your neck and back have "always bothered you" due to cheap shots to the back, now you think it's overuse.  You asked for advice, you received very good advice, i.e. go see a doctor.  We can't examine you, we're not doctors, so you can either ignore the pain and hope it's not something serious or do the smart thing and go to a doctor.

Joe Paradiso

Go see a chiro or a sports therapist.  If someone on this list is close to you, definitely go see them.  http://neurokinetictherapy.com/certified-practitioners

Get assessed and see what's going on.  I had some lower back pain several months ago and the exercises below were recommended to me by my chiro, worked well for me.  You might have completely different issues, back pain is definitely not a one fix cures all type of deal.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!