IGNORED

Your first time attending a PGA event

Entropy
Note: This thread is 3760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was at Sherwood for the final round of the Northwestern Mutual Open and it was my first time at a professional golf event, even if it wasn't a sanctioned PGA event.  I had a great time and had some thoughts I'd like to share about my experience and would like to hear about some others' first experiences and opinions of pro golf events.

Glad you had a good time. Following Tiger was painstaking and most of the time if you want to get up close, you had to strategically place yourself where the ball will land for the NEXT shot. My first golf event was the 2009 Presidents Cup and I got lucky by going there early and parking myself in front of the driving range grandstand to take some pictures. I've never really shared these pictures but you can look at them at the link below. This was the first day of practice rounds and I'm glad they really didn't enforce the grand stand much because we were able to stand against the rail. The next few days they didn't allow it.

2009 President's Cup

I also attended all days for the 2010 US Open and was at the 18th grand stand on the final round when Graeme McDowell holed his putt to win. What was most memorable for me was that towards the end of the round with the final groups coming in, they wouldn't let the spectators leave to use the restroom. They did implement a password for maybe an hour so people can leave and come back, which I took advantage of. When they stopped doing that, a lot of the spectators were chanting after one group putted out, "LET THEM PEE! LET THEM PEE!" The players in that last group were a little dumbfounded and kind of did a confused shrug at what they were hearing and I thought it was hilarious.

The next event I'll probably go to is the LPGA event at Lake Merced since it's just down the street from where I live. I can't wait since I haven't been to an LPGA event yet.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Note: This thread is 3760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!