IGNORED

Titleist 913D3 or Nike Covert Tour?

Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay guys, so I've made about a hundred trips to golftown in the past few months demoing these 2 clubs, I hit them both rather well and awfully similar, but I cannot make up my mind as to which I want to buy for the 2014 season.  I find myself at one moment leaning towards the titleist then the next I'm looking at the nike then back to the titleist.  The main thing I find myself in debate about is which one has the more useful technology in terms of customization.  I like the Titleist because of the many different face angle options however, I do like the Nike because I can experiment with lofts but not as many face options.

A little background, I'm generally a Cleveland guy and it baffles me to be believe that I'm considering switching to one of the bigger names, but unfortunately Cleveland doesn't make a deep face 430cc size head.. other than the classic 310 but I'm not sure how I feel about the looks.. I currently play a Cleveland Launcher SL290 10.5* with an Accra AC65 stiff shaft cut down to 44" but I cannot hit a draw with it for the life of me, plus I've been wanting to get into experimenting with different shafts and lofts, one reason I was strongly leaning towards the Nike.  My only issue is I've never used the Nike out in sunlight and am unsure of how the Victory Red paint job will reflect and distract..

What do you guys think, I'm an 18 handicap, been playing for a year and a bit looking to add some versatility to my drives!

Thanks in advance!

Okay guys, so I've made about a hundred trips to golftown in the past few months demoing these 2 clubs, I hit them both rather well and awfully similar, but I cannot make up my mind as to which I want to buy for the 2014 season.  I find myself at one moment leaning towards the titleist then the next I'm looking at the nike then back to the titleist.  The main thing I find myself in debate about is which one has the more useful technology in terms of customization.  I like the Titleist because of the many different face angle options however, I do like the Nike because I can experiment with lofts but not as many face options.

A little background, I'm generally a Cleveland guy and it baffles me to be believe that I'm considering switching to one of the bigger names, but unfortunately Cleveland doesn't make a deep face 430cc size head.. other than the classic 310 but I'm not sure how I feel about the looks.. I currently play a Cleveland Launcher SL290 10.5* with an Accra AC65 stiff shaft cut down to 44" but I cannot hit a draw with it for the life of me, plus I've been wanting to get into experimenting with different shafts and lofts, one reason I was strongly leaning towards the Nike.  My only issue is I've never used the Nike out in sunlight and am unsure of how the Victory Red paint job will reflect and distract..

What do you guys think, I'm an 18 handicap, been playing for a year and a bit looking to add some versatility to my drives!

Thanks in advance!

Marc,
i've hit both of these as well as my gamer 910D3. if you are playing off a higher handicap, i would highly recommend you not go either th D3 or the CTour. the CTour is not as forgiving as you think it is, and the D3 is a smaller club head designed to work the ball more than the D2. Personally, if i were you i would be looking at either the 913D2 OR the 910D2 (can be had for CHEAP right now)...here's the thing. what kind of 'feel' do you like at impact? if you want a harsher, almost clicky type feel off the driver look at the 913 series. if you want a softer, buttery feeling go to the 910 series. the difference between the two is the face in the 913...feels alot different than the 910.

Either way, the shafts in the 910/913 series are interchangeable thanks to the surefit tip. you could save yourself a lot of money by going 910.

hope this helps bud,

-Gio

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Thanks for the reply Gio,

I just like the feel of addressing the ball with the smaller head thats why I was considering it, I find the bigger 460 heads feel chunkier and less controllable.  As far as sound and feel goes I like a loud crack and a nice pop off the face, I find with my Cleveland its a relatively soft sound and feel and not overly responsive (sounds the same no matter where you hit it).  Also as far as loft goes I tee up my ball low at the moment to try to promote a lower flight but I still find it just launches way too high so I was wondering what loft I should go to?  I have a natural fade with my 10.5 but that is with a cut down stiff shaft,  so would I be better off with a regular shaft and a lower loft? like a 9.5? after all with the sure fit you can bring it up .75* or 1.5* right?  I would like something I can experiment with lofts and shafts easily. So I guess I'm leaning towards the Titleist.

Marc, Based on ur response I'd suggest hitting the 913D2...and getting fit for loft and and shaft selection. If u don't want to pay retail and need help finding shafts similar to what you were fit for, let me know. I know u like the smaller heads, however the forgiveness in the D2 will keep u in the fairway more. Just my suggestion, if I can help in anyway, hit me up in a PM

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!