• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com (or both) to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

International Crown - Players Fighting For Spots

2 posts in this topic

When the 2013 LPGA season came to an end, so did the race for qualifying for the inaugural International Crown that will be played in 2014. Well, sort of anyway. The countries will no longer be vying for position, as that part of the qualifying process has come to an end. The 8 countries are now set. They are as follows:

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

It sure does look like S. Korea's to lose, but I will take the USA with their experience in team competitions. I can't believe Petersen will not be apart of this event.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• What is your target score?
      By Fairway_CY · Posted
      When I first started playing golf, I just wanted to break 100.  It was ALWAYS a chore for me to keep it together and not have 2 or 3 blowup holes that would cost me 8+ strokes a round.   As I started to get marginally better, I wanted to break 95.   I began playing 'tournament' golf at some point in about 2003 and, after having quite a few years away from the game, I was again looking to break 100.  By 2004, I was pretty consistent about shooting between 95 and 105.  In 2005, we had another child... and then another in 2007, so I got away from the game again for a few years, just playing here and there when I had some spare time. Around 2010, I joined another club and played tournaments with them.  That year, I broke 90 for the first time and finished the year doing that 5 times.  I was only able to do that a single time in 2011... and then stepped away again because of a career change.  I played only sparingly from 2012 through 2014 and only broke 90 twice, which happened to be on back-to-back days in 2013. This year, I joined the Golfweek Amateur Tour and I've played a number of tournaments with them.  I've only cracked 90 twice... but every time I get on the course... my goal is to break 45 for each nine I play.  I figure if I can shoot 44 - 44... I'm doing pretty well.  I've posted 44 or better 7 times so far this season... and only 1 time for both nines in the same round, but... I've been finding my scores when I'm playing 'well' to be in the 46 range (give or take) recently.  Still... I like to try to 'aim' for less than bogey golf.  I figure if I can string together a few pars here and there, that's typically when I'll shoot a 43 or 44.  If I could just avoid the doubles... then I could adjust my target. CY
    • Gun Laws
      By newtogolf · Posted
      Sure, but the problem is how to write those laws so that mentally stable law-abiding citizens aren't impacted or denied their constitutional rights.  The background checks required to ensure someone is mentally stable would be time consuming and expensive.  Plus there's no chance that you would flag someone who hasn't sought treatment.  If a kid took ADD drugs when he was younger is that going to prevent him from owning a gun later in life?  If a kid was depressed in H.S. because he lost a parent are we going to deem them unfit to own a gun because at one point in their life they were on anti-depressants?  It's a slippery slope that the government can use to limit the number of people who qualify to own a gun. There are countless psycho's out there, yet we've  had 133 mass shootings in 15 years.  We're really going to create all these gun laws and red tape to stop an average of 9 mass shootings per year, that barely covers the shootings on an average Saturday night in Chicago. 
    • "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (October 2015)
      By adam3553 · Posted
      Hit 90 balls on the range then played 3 holes at the club. Worked on my priority piece of steepening the shaft in the backswing. The last couple days havent been the greatest as far as ballstriking. Before that the last week was great. I realized my hands were moving out away from me in my backswing in an attempt to keep them in front of me. Ive basically overdone what Ive been working on. At the end of my range session I let the hands work in a little on the backswing and hit the last 15 balls great. Id like to work on some putting as Im playing in our clubs Ryder Cup this weekend but we just punched our greens:( Luckily the course were playing at isnt too tough.
    • Why do some players use the very front part of the mat?
      By SavvySwede · Posted
      If it's an old mat the preferred hitting area could be worn out. I've seen some that had a low spot form from the grass being eroded away.
    • The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)
      By Lihu · Posted
      Sure, that's reality, and the wider the field of participants the higher is the possibility of failure. The thing that we should all learn from this is to be a better loser. It means working your hardest to compete, and expecting to lose while being pleasantly surprised you got as far as you did.
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries