• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crim

2013 Franklin Templeton Shootout

10 posts in this topic

I don't know much about this tournament, it has pairings and they do some alternate ball stuff....but hey...it's golf with some great players....and Greg Norman is playing ;-) First round starts tomorrow.

2013 First Round Tee Times - Format: Modified Alternate Shot
Team First Round (Friday) Tee Time
Mark Calcavecchia & Chad Campbell 10:30 am
Rory Sabbatini & Scott Verplank 10:30 am
Charles Howell III & Justin Leonard 10:42 am
Chris DiMarco & Billy Horschel 10:42 am
Graham DeLaet & Mike Weir 10:54 am
Retief Goosen & Freddie Jacobson 10:54 am
Jerry Kelly & Steve Stricker 11:06 am
Sean O'Hair & Kenny Perry 11:06 am
Jonas Blixt & Greg Norman 11:18 am
Harris English & Matt Kuchar 11:18 am
Jason Dufner & Dustin Johnson 11:30 am
Ian Poulter & Lee Westwood 11:30 am

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I personally expect to see Kuchar and English win this event. They play solid golf consistently, but if any of these other teams like the two Brits get hot...look out!

Edit: I just had a thought, could you imagine an alternate shot with Dustin Johnson driving and Dufner hitting the approach shots the whole time? :blink:

There are some unique pairings in this event. Hoping DeLaet and Weir make a run.

I personally expect to see Kuchar and English win this event. They play solid golf consistently, but if any of these other teams like the two Brits get hot...look out!

Edit: I just had a thought, could you imagine an alternate shot with Dustin Johnson driving and Dufner hitting the approach shots the whole time?

Tripp I on the golf channel picked D.J. and Dufner to win it. They were my pick also, but I haven't been doing to well in picking winners lately..LOL

Awards and Achievements

How are the teams picked?

How are the teams picked?

I think buddies tend to play together.  I don't think anyone actually "picks" the teams, think it's more like "who would you like to play with?" and I'm sure Norman helps finalize the pairings.

Awards and Achievements

Have to say that both English and Kuchar are in great nick right now.  Matt must fancy his chances at Kapalua in a couple of weeks.

Edit: I just had a thought, could you imagine an alternate shot with Dustin Johnson driving and Dufner hitting the approach shots the whole time?

Good call!