IGNORED

The Back Nine documentary movie ...

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone watched a documentary movie called "The Back Nine?"  It's on Netflix and I watched it 2/3 of it before my wife wanted to see real golf on main TV.    The main character's (40 year old) decision to be a pro golfer intrigued me initially.   But the film was not what I expected and happily yielded the TV to jump to the golf channel.   The only thing that impressed me was his effort to put a "team" together and tried to approach his goal in a structured way.   That's probably what some of us need if we are serious about improving our golf to the next level.   The rest was, well, garbage.  If you are intrigued, you may want to see it with a finger on fast forward.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't seen it, but I'll pull it up on Netflix in the next few days and let you know what I think.

Driver:        :tmade:- R11s                             GPS:        :skycaddie:- SGXW

3W:            :titleist:-910F 15*                             BAG:        :titleist:- 14 Way carry bag

Hybrid:       :titleist:910H 19*                                           :titleist:- 14 Way Cart bag

Irons 4-PW::titleist:- AP2 712

Wedges:    :vokey:- 52, 56, 60

Putter:       :cameron:- Studio Select 1.5

Ball:          :titleist:- Pro V1x

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

before my wife wanted to see real golf on main TV.

Teach me!

Too late for you :-P . We started playing golf at the same time after sending our only child to college. We both got hooked on golf at the same time. I practice at ranges, and her idea of practice is watching the golf channel.    She watches European tour in the morning, Championship, PGA, LPGA throughout the day.   Back to OT, she couldn't stand the Back Nine documentary.   There was very little golf in the movie, LOL.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok, I watched the movie this morning after work. My first take is it's a very low budget film, so it is what it is. Second I can't believe how little golf there is in something that is supposed to be a golf documentary. I get all the mental aspect and such and his family and day job ect., but that should've been only like 40% of the movie, instead of like 90%. He's not famous, I don't care about your childhood growing up and having a step dad that wasn't there because he was too busy being a surgeon and having your real dad doing whatever. I am glad he patched up the relationship with both his dad and step dad. However, towards the end of the movie his step father totally shits on what he is doing, that kind of sucks. But again, I think he could've covered that in a shorter time span.

I wanted to see his coaching sessions, with all of his coaches. Time on the range, and also wanted to figure out with all the coaching he was getting how he still had such a shitty looking swing and how with that swing he became a 4 handicap. I guess I'm too used to watching the pros on TV. But his swing reminds me of the 60 year olds I play with on Wednesdays. Don't get me wrong, they are pretty good golfers, two of them are 10 and 11, and the third is a 17, that's not bad, I hope I'm there in 30 years. lol But those guys aren't trying to get on tour either.

You have to take it for what it is and the story the guy is telling, at no point did I say geez how much more of this do I have to go through. I kind of started to care about him and his family. I want to talk to his wife and find out how to get a free putting green put in at my house. lol. Also, his dad used to live on a golf course. How could they not find the house they lived at? I could tell you exactly where every house I lived at was my entire life. There was three before I went to college, I could tell you my door room number freshman year, where the houses were I lived at off campus ect. That was actually mind boggling.

Driver:        :tmade:- R11s                             GPS:        :skycaddie:- SGXW

3W:            :titleist:-910F 15*                             BAG:        :titleist:- 14 Way carry bag

Hybrid:       :titleist:910H 19*                                           :titleist:- 14 Way Cart bag

Irons 4-PW::titleist:- AP2 712

Wedges:    :vokey:- 52, 56, 60

Putter:       :cameron:- Studio Select 1.5

Ball:          :titleist:- Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 3757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!