IGNORED

Is anyone else here crazier enough to play in 10 degree weather?

tlstarkk
Note: This thread is 3755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im going out but its supposed to be around 14 degrees today

:wilson: Deep Red - Tour 12.0 Driver 

Pinemeadow - 15 Degree 3W 

Pinemeadow - 23 Degree 4 Hy

:titleist: DCI Oversize + Black - 4-PW

:tarmour: 845s Silver Scot - SW

:dunlop: Tour TP11 - LW

:cleve: Classic Collection HB 10.0 Satin Chrome - Putter

:wilson_staff: Feather SL Black Stand Bag

Celsius? Yes definitely.

Farenheit? Hmmm, maybe, how deep is the snow? :-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depends if the sun is shining. On a clear sunny day 10 can feel pretty good. A little wind and some clouds and it feels a lot colder. I walked my dogs earlier and it was 19. After sub zero temps it feels like a heat wave.

Dave :-)

• Administrator

Celsius? Yes definitely.

That's funny. When I was playing in St. Andrews (bwah ha ha ha ha*), I'd look at the forecasts on my phone or computer when we had wifi and pray for the weather to get up to 13. The difference between even 9 and 13 was astounding. :)

If I ever type "banana" it's a bit of an inside joke and I mean "bwah ha ha ha ha" which the iPhone corrected to "banana" so many times in group message chats between me, @david_wedzik , @james_hirshfield , and @mvmac that now we just type "banana" to mean "bwah ha ha ha ha!"

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Goldest round (9 holes walking) was 22*F. I played softball 1 night when it was 3*F.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

10 (f) is too cold for golf.  Not too cold to be out walking the course but too cold for one's game to look anything like normal golf.  The ground and greens will be hard as a rock.

Brian Kuehn

Ive played golf when the temps were in the teens.  Its really not that bad.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Golf when it's cold isn't bad, just remember to expect greens to bounce similarly to cartpaths once it gets down below zero or so. If the sun is out is can feel really nice, like Dave2512 said, and you just need a good windshirt to prevent the breeze from making you feel colder than it may actually be outside.

Ever try to pull a divot on frozen ground? It's not fun.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I play when it's that cold. For me, it has to be a windless day. The wind really makes things uncomfortable at those temps.

And it's a different kind of golf, for sure...

I wouldn't care what temp it is I would play right now.  We have had snow and ice on the ground for the last 10 days and I haven't been able to do anything except go to a range and hit 1 bucket of balls.  Would be way more, except they are limiting it to 1 bucket so they don't run out because they cant pick the balls till snow and ice clears.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Play frequently here in the green Fraser Valley on frozen course at 20*. That is fun, as long as the wind don't blow!

"Oh, golf is for smellin' heather and cut grass and walkin' fast across the countryside and feelin' the wind and watchin' the sun go down and seein' yer friends hit some good shots and hittin' some yerself..."

Too cold for me I think.  I would have to have so many layers it would be cumbersome to swing, but the biggest problem would be keeping the hands warm enough.  They just get too stiff and claw-like.  Takes the fun out of it.

Note: This thread is 3755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!