IGNORED

Worst Movie of All time

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone seen the recent film "the councillor" Now that should have been a good film, all star cast, good director, but it sucked! Too much crappy dialogue, I wasted 90 minutes of my life on that!

Gaz Lee

Gotta agree with the others on the Lost in Translation hate, and this is coming from a big Murray fan (a fan to a fault some might say). Not enough happened in the story for me to enjoy it. Plus, throw in all the praise it got and that's a recipe for my inner movie hipster to start chugging the haterade.

Agreed.  It had way too much praise for such a poor movie.  It was no Life Aquatic.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK.  Imagine you are in a very bad mood.  Your wife says, "Let's watch this great comedy I have been hearing about."  You say, "OK".  I love funny movies and it could get me out of my funk.  The first scene a thug shoots a cop in the head a point blank range. Then he chases down two witnessed and shoots them on a frozen lake.  Kind of ruined the "comedy" part for me I guess.  I suppose I will watch it again to appreciate it more.

Plus, Fargo was missing one key element, "The Schwarts!"

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Now Pearl Harbor. Awful. Hate.

I think the main problem with Pearl Harbor is that it could have been such a great movie if not for the fact that it was three hours long, had that weird love triangle. and 90% of the movie wasn't even about Pearl Harbor.

Tyler Martin

OK.  Imagine you are in a very bad mood.  Your wife says, "Let's watch this great comedy I have been hearing about."  You say, "OK".  I love funny movies and it could get me out of my funk.  The first scene a thug shoots a cop in the head a point blank range. Then he chases down two witnessed and shoots them on a frozen lake.  Kind of ruined the "comedy" part for me I guess.  I suppose I will watch it again to appreciate it more.

Plus, Fargo was missing one key element, "The Schwarts!"

thats not the movies fault, thats your wifes fault.  dont you know by now to always blame the woman?

Colin P.

I think the main problem with Pearl Harbor is that it could have been such a great movie if not for the fact that it was three hours long, had that weird love triangle. and 90% of the movie wasn't even about Pearl Harbor.

That is true. I would have like Pearl Harbor if it was done more in the Saving Private Ryan style. I didn't mind Pearl Harbor, it was average at best.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

"The Schwarts!"

when you spell it that way, i get about 7 different cartoon bubble.  Most involve moving fart humor.

I'm not sure what I think of that.

6 of them are in Family Guy Cartoon mode

Bill - 

My timing is horrible but Fast and Furious 5 is the only movie I gave up on. I can sit through anything but that was horrible. My wife thinks "showgirls" is the worst movie of all time but I beg to differ. I want the blu Ray but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. I would probably have to hide it. As for some of the movies mentioned above I really enjoyed Juno Life Aquatic was good I love the entire Matrix trilogy. Reloaded was the weakest but still watchable for me I dont know why but Blair Witch scared the S__t out of me. The sequal was reallllllly bad. And I agree Battlefield Earth could very well be the worst movie ever made

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

If you want to pile on B Affleck, Gigli. 6% on the Tomatometer.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I've always kind of believed that the role Ben Affleck played in "Mall Rats" was probably pretty close to the real Ben Affleck. I have no supporting evidence, it's just my impression, he just seems like a major d-bag.

Plus the whole "Bennifer" saga made me want to puke...

Life Aquatic was brilliant, loved the Portuguese David Bowie singer!

I've also come to terms with all the "Lost in Translation" hate, it makes perfect sense when you consider the love for Dan Brown, John Grisham that I see on here. :yucky:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

That is true. I would have like Pearl Harbor if it was done more in the Saving Private Ryan style. I didn't mind Pearl Harbor, it was average at best.

I don't know why anybody bothers with Pearl Harbor anyway (I watched it once and don't remember enough about it to have a strong opinion about how bad it was) ... if you want to watch a good movie about Pearl Harbor, just watch Tora! Tora! Tora!. This movie, along with The Longest Day , Patton , and especially The Bridge On The River Kwai , are really all you need if you want to binge on WWII movies.  (TBOTRK isn't just the best WWII movie ever, it is very, very near the top of the best of all movies of any genre, ever.)

I've also come to terms with all the "Lost in Translation" hate, it makes perfect sense when you consider the love for Dan Brown, John Grisham that I see on here.

I think I'm being insulted here, but I'm not totally sure. :loco:

I don't know why anybody bothers with Pearl Harbor anyway (I watched it once and don't remember enough about it to have a strong opinion about how bad it was) ... if you want to watch a good movie about Pearl Harbor, just watch Tora! Tora! Tora!.  This movie, along with The Longest Day, Patton, and especially The Bridge On The River Kwai, are really all you need if you want to binge on WWII movies.  (TBOTRK isn't just the best WWII movie ever, it is very, very near the top of the best of all movies of any genre, ever.)

Off the top of my head, I would also mention Downfall , Schindler's List , Saving Private Ryan , Das Boot , and The Thin Red Line among the better WWII films.

Tyler Martin

Off the top of my head, I would also mention Downfall

Somehow, I've never even heard of this one.  I will check it out.

Schindler's List

Agree.

Saving Private Ryan

Agree.

Das Boot

Ooh ... I forgot about this one.  I have not actually seen it, but I remember as a kid my parents having it in the same category as the ones I mentioned.  This is on my list as well.

P.S.  Two days in a row now ... we're talking about boots. :-P

The Thin Red Line

This is funny because a co-worker of mine said the same thing AND I even own this movie (it came in a costco gift pack box set I got a few years ago with, Patton, Longest Day, and Tora x 3) but I never got around to watching it.  I will really have to get around to it one of these days.  Maybe tonight after I watch Despicable Me 2 for the 7th time in a week.

I'm also kind of ashamed to admit it, and I realize it's Vietnam, not WWII, but I still have never seen Apocalypse Now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Off the top of my head, I would also mention Downfall

Somehow, I've never even heard of this one.  I will check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

The Thin Red Line

This is funny because a co-worker of mine said the same thing AND I even own this movie (it came in a costco gift pack box set I got a few years ago with, Patton, Longest Day, and Tora x 3) but I never got around to watching it.  I will really have to get around to it one of these days.  Maybe tonight after I watch Despicable Me 2 for the 7th time in a week.

I'm also kind of ashamed to admit it, and I realize it's Vietnam, not WWII, but I still have never seen Apocalypse Now.

Downfall is the source of all the angry Hitler spoof videos like this one:

Apocalyse Now is a great one. The Vietnam war has its fair share of great movies ( Full Metal Jacket comes to mind).

Tyler Martin

Rocky V.....horrible

I love a great dark comedy and Murray in that role, but for me the worst is Lost in Translation.

Wow, I actually loved Lost in Translation, haven't seen it in a few years but have watched it a few times.

I agree, Fargo was awesome. Coen Brothers are just movie gold, haven't been disappointed yet.

The closest I ever come to walking out of a theater was for the movie, "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith. That was just a horrible mess. The movie was all over the place.

Oh, I would put Peter Jacksons' King Kong in that one as well. Not every movie needs to be 4 hours long.

Agree Fargo was really good and King Kong sucked.  Some good effects but not a great story.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My son reminded me of another horrible movie, Red Dawn .  The original was God awful bad.  He said the remake was worse.

Add Where Eagles Dare , to the list of good WWII movies too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Wow, I actually loved Lost in Translation, haven't seen it in a few years but have watched it a few times.

I guess it was just too slow and melancholy for me.   Like I said I usually like these movies.

Agree Fargo was really good and King Kong sucked.  Some good effects but not a great story.

I have said this before, but growing up in MN I am ashamed to say I have not seen it. :8)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

IMHO, the greatest WWII movie never played in the theaters, at least in wide release, and it's Band of Brothers. Das Boot is excellent, have seen it many times. Recently saw another good sub movie, The Enemy Below, which really gives you insight into tactics and strategy from both the destroyer and submarine povs. Patton is another of my favorites along with Saving Private Ryan. We have to get him, the hell, out of there. Are you going to send her another folded American flag?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!