IGNORED

How much did you spend on golf in 2013?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks.  LOL

Yeah it was a crazy year for golf.  First lady I've been involved with who loved to play golf and when she couldn't play, didn't care if did. She won an incentive trip to Hawaii last April, we're going to Cancun this April, but last April we flew to San Diego as a layover to Hawaii.

Day 1 - Played Morgan Run Resort & Golf Club

Day 2 - Played Salt Creek Golf Course

Day 3 - Played Torrey Pines North and South (her suggestion to play 36 holes)

Day 4 - Played Plantation Course at Kapalua (on the day we landed in Maui, pick up car and drove to course)

Day 5 - Played Dunes at Maui Lani

Day 6 - Took A Break

Day 7 - Played Wailea Gold

Day 8 - Played Pukalani Country Club before catching our flight out in the late afternoon (her suggestion to play before we left)

Day 9 - Played Indian Wells Country Club and Desert Falls CC in Palm Springs (her suggestion to drive to Palm Springs to play)

Day 10 - Flew Home to Virginia

Does she have a sister or a friend who likes to golf as much as she does? :-D

Geez Dave that is a lot of beer... Why didn't you get to play with Graeme? ..

I started getting email from GN late summer, I was one of the top bookers in this area. There was no mention of playing with him but there were prizes. But I was 20-30 rounds behind the top 5. Most likely because I book mostly single times. Yeah I like beer. I deserve it, I work hard. I get away with lots of golf because I am not married. But I pay for the booze in the gym.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm sure my girlfriend knows I spend a good amount on golf but if she knew I spent over $2,500 this year, I'm sure she'd question why she's with me ( O:) )

Spent a good amount on buying a new driver, 3 and 5 woods, and the ES12.

I do envy some of you guys.  I usually can only play weekends and only played 40 times this year (including 9 holes a couple of times) from April 6 - Nov. 30.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Roughly $3K.   That includes membership to the local club for myself and my wife, a new driver for me, some golf balls, tees, gloves, etc... for the both of us..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Does she have a sister or a friend who likes to golf as much as she does?

Unfortunately no. :-O

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

What were you thinking (or doing )?

That was later in the day. :-D

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I played a crapload of golf (~110 rounds) ... most were Golf Now, EZ Links, Golf18Network, etc hot deals in PA - so didn't pay full price for a single round - I'm a total golf bottomfeeder.     Estimate I was in it for around $ $2200 even at bargain basement tee time prices ... add ahem, a couple :bugout: eBay clubs & new irons - puts me around 3 bills.      Add the wife's likewise golf obsession & I've gotta be in it for at least 5 bills... would easily double that if had to pay NJ golf tee time prices

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

All in, probably somewhere between $2,500 - $3,000. I've only been playing again since this summer, but that includes getting all new clubs/bag, etc. Guessing that's how much it will cost me next year as well since I plan on playing a lot more but won't have to gear up with new equipment so the 2 will likely offset. Toying with the idea of getting a membership at the local semi-private course. It's $2,800 for the year and I play the majority of my rounds there anyway so we'll see.

Too much probably.  The big one is club annual dues.   About $3,000/year.  Other than that I bought a new bag to replace my 10 year old one, a Ping driver from the used club bin , and a Adams Hybrid 3 iron, plus I did play some rounds other than the club.  So maybe a total of another $1000 overall counting balls and such.

Butch

Too much that's for sure. The beer was nearly as much as the golf. I use GolfNow and my home course is cheap but still it gets expensive. In the summer I was playing nearly every day. I'd guess I spent $300 a week with the beer.

I see you are from Brighton.  I will be moving to Greeley sometime this spring.  I'm orginally from Parker, but have lived in NY for the last five years.  What coreses do you play in norther CO?  Any good practice ranges near Greeley?

Driver:        :tmade:- R11s                             GPS:        :skycaddie:- SGXW

3W:            :titleist:-910F 15*                             BAG:        :titleist:- 14 Way carry bag

Hybrid:       :titleist:910H 19*                                           :titleist:- 14 Way Cart bag

Irons 4-PW::titleist:- AP2 712

Wedges:    :vokey:- 52, 56, 60

Putter:       :cameron:- Studio Select 1.5

Ball:          :titleist:- Pro V1x

I spent £800 on clubs this yr, + £600 course membership + new bag, trolley, balls, clothing & shoes. + course fees on other clubs, + 2 golf trips (one abroad) Probably around £4000 & Worth every single penny! To be fair though, prior to this yr I was playing with gear id had for over 10 yrs! I don't normally spend this much and won't be doing again for quite a while!

Gaz Lee

I see you are from Brighton.  I will be moving to Greeley sometime this spring.  I'm orginally from Parker, but have lived in NY for the last five years.  What coreses do you play in norther CO?  Any good practice ranges near Greeley?

Sorry can't help. The I've only golfed as far north as Windsor. Kind of funny, I am a CO native and I've only been to Greeley about half dozen times. Only thing I know about Greeley is the annual Blues Fest.

Dave :-)

Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!