IGNORED

Those of you that think Tiger is on steroids....

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wouldn't be surprised if Dustin Johnson is as strong as Tiger. Have you seen him doing one legged squats? That's insane for a guy his height. Raw strength I would say that Gary Woodland is stronger than Tiger.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't be surprised if Dustin Johnson is as strong as Tiger. Have you seen him doing one legged squats? That's insane for a guy his height.

Raw strength I would say that Gary Woodland is stronger than Tiger.

Oh yeah, totally agree. Tiger was a really small guy, but he worked out a ton and became big. Johnson was just naturally big. Same with Woodland, but I wouldn't say he's stronger than Tiger. Tiger can bench over 300 pounds.. some even said he can go up to 450.

I would put Tiger's limit at 300. He CANNOT bench 450. That's ludicrous.

Oh, I dunno, 450 is only about nine hookers. I think he'd give it the old college try. :-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

[QUOTE name="colin007" url="/t/71587/those-of-you-that-think-tiger-is-on-steroids/36#post_931540"] I wouldn't be surprised if Dustin Johnson is as strong as Tiger. Have you seen him doing one legged squats? That's insane for a guy his height. Raw strength I would say that Gary Woodland is stronger than Tiger.[/QUOTE] Oh yeah, totally agree. Tiger was a really small guy, but he worked out a ton and became big. Johnson was just naturally big. Same with Woodland, but I wouldn't say he's stronger than Tiger. Tiger can bench over 300 pounds.. some even said he can go up to 450.

And some have said you are full of $#1π.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I would put Tiger's limit at 300. He CANNOT bench 450. That's ludicrous.

Agree, there are football players that can't even bench 350,albeit most are QB's WR's DB's but still these guys have to be very strong to play this game and weight training is an integral part.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Oh, I dunno, 450 is only about nine hookers. I think he'd give it the old college try.

You don't have to go to college to try that. ;-)

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

[QUOTE name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/71587/those-of-you-that-think-tiger-is-on-steroids/36#post_931570"] Oh, I dunno, 450 is only about nine hookers. I think he'd give it the old college try. :-D [/QUOTE] You don't have to go to college to try that.;-)

I think he used "kollege" education for that calculation...

Oh, I dunno, 450 is only about nine hookers. I think he'd give it the old college try. :-D

Hey that's not nice EJ! Didn't your momma teach you anything? :-D

Colin P.

Steroids? don't see it and fail to see how it would help a golf swing, in fact I think it would make it worse. HGH? Possibly but doubtful as well, his injuries have taken a real long time for recovery.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

No way to know so I wouldn't even make a guess whether Tiger or any other player on Tour ever used a banned substance or steroids in particular.

Plenty of athletes that admit they used steroids show little or nothing in their outward appearance that would indicate any use. Just because you take steroids doesn't mean you are automatically going to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. It depends on what you are trying to gain, how you are training, and how much you are using. Pitchers in baseball that used steroids often didn't have much change at all in appearance.

Nothing in Tiger's outward appearance suggests steroid use any more than almost any other athlete. He has some muscle and he's in very good condition with low body fat but that's it. No different than most people that spend time on a workout program. In fact he would be one of the smaller guys in almost any gym in almost any city. When I saw him in person I was surprised that he wasn't bigger.

Well when you have a camera zoomed in on him, you tend to think he's bigger. Look at Rory, he's 5'8" tall. I was shocked at how short he is. Then I saw him paired up with Dustin Johnson at the Firestone Invitational, and you can definitely tell he's a shorter golfer. Then he blast a drive and you think, "HOLY # @$%"

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Tiger may not be on steroids, but Danica is.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Tiger may not be on steroids, but Danica is. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/88114/] [/URL]

Maybe that's what all the PGA players do at interviews to look like "real" athletes. It's amazing what special effects can do. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

No way to know so I wouldn't even make a guess whether Tiger or any other player on Tour ever used a banned substance or steroids in particular.

Plenty of athletes that admit they used steroids show little or nothing in their outward appearance that would indicate any use. Just because you take steroids doesn't mean you are automatically going to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. It depends on what you are trying to gain, how you are training, and how much you are using. Pitchers in baseball that used steroids often didn't have much change at all in appearance.

Nothing in Tiger's outward appearance suggests steroid use any more than almost any other athlete. He has some muscle and he's in very good condition with low body fat but that's it. No different than most people that spend time on a workout program. In fact he would be one of the smaller guys in almost any gym in almost any city. When I saw him in person I was surprised that he wasn't bigger.

this.

and also, if he was roiding and working out as much as we know he does, hed be a whole hell of a lot bigger.

Colin P.

You can't tell strictly from appearances if someone uses PED's.  A-Rod does not appear to look like the typical PED user, but he admittedly was / is.  Some guys use PED's to help them recover faster from workouts and injuries.  Go visit a marine base, you'll see a number of guys that are more muscular and vascular than Tiger who have never touched PED's.   Despite the common myth, you can get quite large naturally by working out hard and following a proper diet.

I place Tiger in the same category as I do Derek Jeter (btw, I hate the Yankees).  I believe both have so much natural ability and respect for the sport they play that neither would consider taking PED's to gain an advantage.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Well when you have a camera zoomed in on him, you tend to think he's bigger. Look at Rory, he's 5'8" tall. I was shocked at how short he is. Then I saw him paired up with Dustin Johnson at the Firestone Invitational, and you can definitely tell he's a shorter golfer. Then he blast a drive and you think, "HOLY #@$%"

Hey a$$4013 are you saying 5'8" is short!

Note: This thread is 3762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!