IGNORED

Iron Shafts

SamGray
Note: This thread is 3764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What material of shaft do you prefer in your irons?

• Steel
    • Graphite
    • Other

I would like to know if they actually add yardage... I like steel shafts for the consistency and the feel/weight but would love a few extra yards. Are they as consistent as steel and do they also add yards?

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

Which do you game?

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

I would like to know if they actually add yardage... I like steel shafts for the consistency and the feel/weight but would love a few extra yards. Are they as consistent as steel and do they also add yards?

in a nut shell...the e.i. curve combined with the 'hoop' factor produce a very responsive shaft...the nature of the manufacturing process produces a very consistent product, many of the pga and senior pga tour players are gaming the i95(hand picked) as well...Adding yardage, well that's up to physics and your personal specs. I feel I get the responsiveness,  sturdiness and consistency of steel without the harsh feel on slightly miss hit shots. I use the aerotech players specs because weight works better in standard(old standards) length clubs, if your fitted to over length then the i95 would probably work out better(Kuch, Sneds and Couples) to get your swing weights right(unless your counter weighting)...I'm never going to knock most steel shafts but if your ready to try something different you can't go wrong with steel fiber(it has copper threading in it as well, just sounds cool,lol).

Note: This thread is 3764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!