• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon-Paul Maiden

85 or 95 gram shaft in the Fairway woods?

2 posts in this topic

I like heavier shaft weight because it's easier for me to swing consistently.  I've been playing 75 stock shafts in my 3 and 5 woods, but want a little more.  My driver is about 70 grams and I was wandering if I should go 85 or 95 in the fairways.  P.S. I also cut my fairways down 1/2 and inch, is there a way a club builder could bring the swing weight  up to my spec without lead tape?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I like heavier shaft weight because it's easier for me to swing consistently.  I've been playing 75 stock shafts in my 3 and 5 woods, but want a little more.  My driver is about 70 grams and I was wandering if I should go 85 or 95 in the fairways.  P.S. I also cut my fairways down 1/2 and inch, is there a way a club builder could bring the swing weight  up to my spec without lead tape?

95-110 tends to be the weights of shafts in hybrids - I don't think you'd want to go from 70 driver to 95 fairways, so I'd recommend an 85. It's still heavier than a lot of companies are pushing these days, but not ridiculously heavy, either.

Awards and Achievements