IGNORED

What Are Your 2014 Golf Goals? Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Like our 2008 , 2009 , 2010 , 2011 , 2012 , and 2013 threads, here's the official thread for 2014.

The rules are the same as they've been:

1. Post your goals personal golf-related goals for 2014.
  2. Please try to post just once, though if you reach all of your goals, you should quote your post and revise them later in the year.
  3. Do not reply to the posts of other people. This thread, like " What'd You Shoot Today ," is not intended to be a discussion, but merely a list of people's goals.

If you're looking to recap your 2013 goals, that's over here in this thread .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

- Attend one LPGA or PGA tour event in person.

- Lower HI below 13.

- Custom fit golf clubs.

- Enter at least 50% of home club tournaments (drag my wife into some)

- Enjoy golf  (don't lose temper or get into fight :8) )

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

This last month every round has seen vast improvements to my long game.

I hope to continue to improve my long game improvements with keys 1,2 and 3, and properly learn keys 4 and 5. Need drastic improvement on my short game. Will start to devote at least 35% to short game.

Plan to play more courses, hope to be able to play any of the courses in So. Cal. without losing more than 1 sleeve per round (felt good playing San Dimas Canyon and losing only 2 balls OB my first time playing). Get my official handicap by turning in cards for the last month along with new rounds with my hoped to be improved short game. Single digits? Who knows, but I know it will be a fun new year of golf for me. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Similar to last year..... 1. Play 100+ rounds. 2. Index below 4.0 and maintain for at least one additional revision. 3. At least one round under par.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1. Play 100 rounds (81 in 2013)

2. Single digit handicap (12.6 lowest in 2013)

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2 Cobra Bio Cell+ Callaway Razr Hawk 3W TaylorMade SLDR 19H Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-AW Scor 55 & 60 (Wedges)

1) Continue to improve from last year in all aspects

2) Break 80 for the first time

3) Enter my first tournament at my home course

4) Try to attend a TST golf outing if more pop up.

5) Open a 5SK Golf School-Kuwait (Later on this year :dance: ) Emphasis on Bunkers.

Jeff

1 Play at least 52 rounds

2 Get handicap to 12

3 Shoot a 6 over off the stick, I shot a 9 over recently

4 Hit every green in regulation in one round

5 Hit every fairway off the tee in one round

6 This is the hardest one, don't get upset with myself for playing poorly, always remember bad golf days beats good days at work

:powerblt: Air force one complete set

:powerblt: TPS Putter

:oakley: Shirts

:footjoy: shoes

I want to hit more greens in regulation.  Which will mean more birdie opportunities and hopefully lower scores.  I think this can be acheived from my recent learning more about lag in my iron shots.  That was the weak part of my game.  Can't wait 'till spring !!!

- Drop my golf obsession from >100 rounds to 75-ish.   Spend far more time on the water fishing - need to restore some sense of balance in my life.

- Don't choke yet again & finally break 80 .... just get it done & close the deal once and for all

- Dramatically increase the amount of practice time to one evening per week after work - focus on full wedges and long clubs off deck.    Dedicated practice rather than just playing so much is the key to improving at this point and must become a priority - like it or not.

- Putting - simply has to improve.      Must MUST MUST M-U-S-T make more 4 footers than I miss !!!

- Finally make an eagle putt - missed so many its unbelievable.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Since I missed my goals for 2013, my goals for 2014 are pretty much the same as last year...    Get consistently into the 80's and hopefully break 80 this year.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

1. Get my Handicap to 10 or lower.

2. Make a practice range schedule and stick to it, don't use the weather as an excuse not to practice.

3. Take notes on the course on things to work on in practice.

4. Walk 80% of my rounds or more.

Driver:        :tmade:- R11s                             GPS:        :skycaddie:- SGXW

3W:            :titleist:-910F 15*                             BAG:        :titleist:- 14 Way carry bag

Hybrid:       :titleist:910H 19*                                           :titleist:- 14 Way Cart bag

Irons 4-PW::titleist:- AP2 712

Wedges:    :vokey:- 52, 56, 60

Putter:       :cameron:- Studio Select 1.5

Ball:          :titleist:- Pro V1x

Shoot in the 70s and win a tournament. Most of all, be consistent and tough mentally. I really want to focus on getting my mental game in check because I find myself getting down too often if I have a bad hole or round. I want to be consistent and a mentally tough golfer going into the 2014 season.

Go through the mixed pennant season undefeated

To keep my handicap better than 6 (Currently 5.2)

To shoot 2 sub par rounds (I had 4 even par rounds this year, all with double bogeys in them)

Hit a bag of balls at the range, once a week.

To maintain my positive attitude, even when things are going bad, which is what I have been doing and just enjoy being on the course.

1) End the year (2014) with a single digit handicap

2) Add 10-15 yards to my average driving distance

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

1. Consistency off the tee.  More fairways hit.  I am working with Evolvr this winter to correct some swing flaws that give me lower ball flight and improve my consistency

2. GIR - 22% currently.  I would like to increase that to 33% or more.

3. Increase my shoulder flexibility.  I still have restrictions from surgery 2 years ago.

4. Play more.  I would like to play over 50 rounds in 2014.  I am thinking about joining a second league.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I started 2013 with a +20 handicap and my posted goal was to get it to 15, which I managed to achieve by June.  It is currently 10.2, and honestly I don't see myself cutting it in half again given personal circumstances.  I am aiming more for the 7 range for 2014 since I believe that knocking between three and four points off a 10 is probably going to take at least as much effort as cutting a 20 in half.  I'll be turning 60 this coming year so setting golf goals too lofty probably isn't smart, but for me a mid-high single digit handicap will put me in a position of playing solid enough golf to be happy with myself.

I know there's been a long debate recently on the merits of improving the long game vs. the short, but for me the clear road to lower scores is going to be better performance within the last 100 yards or so.  I'll be spending a lot more time on and around the practice green and standing in the practice bunkers.  I certainly won't ignore my long game completely, but I have no delusions of adding significantly to my distance, so accuracy is the key there.

Happy New Year everybody!  Best wishes for the new year and achievement of your personal goals.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Note: This thread is 3446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!