IGNORED

Your Lowest Round Ever

majorchamp
Note: This thread is 3821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, I am going to go out on a limb here as I did not see any "best score" type threads.

I have 2 rounds that are my best. One is my lowest score, the other is my best round :)

Round 1 - Lowest

I shot a 64 at Pebble Brook Golf Course in Noblesville, IN where I used to work as a cart boy (I am 24 now btw). It was an 8 under par round and I had 2 bogeys.

http://www.pebblebrookgolf.com/South.htm

It was nice because I started out with 4 straight birdies :)

Round #2 - Best Round

This was at http://www.harbourtrees.com/index.cfm?ID=92

I shot a 65 with 3 bogeys (6 under par). I consider it my best round because the course is harder. Hell, I won the club championship 2 years ago on it with scores of 78 - 76 - 76. Granted, the course wasn't THAT hard, I just played bad.

However, those are by far my greatest golf scores ever. At that time, I was playing to a +2. That was about 2-3 years ago.

• Administrator
My best score is an even par 72. I've yet to break through for a sub-par round. I birdied the last two to get that 72, in fact.

My best ball-striking round resulted in an 81, of all things. It was an unfamiliar course and twice I hit the ball through doglegs and into trouble because I didn't know the distances. Combined with some pretty tricky greens, well, there you have it.

FWIW, we do have a "what did you shoot today?" thread, but this one is original.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've had three rounds of 18 at even par but never sub-par. My best nine hole score was a 33( but started with a 40 on the front that day) I'm envious of you who have been under par. Hopefully, this will be my year

In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

Ok, I am going to go out on a limb here as I did not see any "best score" type threads.

My low 18 is a 76. My low 9 is a 35. My handicap is 9.4, and has never been lower than 8.1. I usually go in streaks of about 4 or 5 holes, then choke and implode. I have a hard time maintaining a smooth tempo for 18 holes.

my lowest 18 hole round is a 71, but my lowest 9 hole was 32 -- not in the same round either. my best round is a 74 to win a Junior Invitational.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Low 18 -4 66. Low 9 -4 31. Both at the course I work on now.

As I knock on wood, my game is really starting to develop, especially within the last two weeks. Making a lot more birdies these days. Had 3 in the 7 holes I played after work yesterday. 2 birdies and an eagle on Monday over 18 holes.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Well, honestly, I probably only played about 15 or 20 times a year tops the last few years. So I really haven't scored much better than 82 or 83 lately.

When I was playing much more frequently about 5 years ago, I shot 79 twice. I shot it once on a little old short course back home. Hell, I probably should have shot 70 or better, but 79 was still fun.

Then I shot 79 again on a little tougher course, but still it was nothing special or PGA like by any means.

As far as 9 holes go, I have shot a couple 37's, but they were on a very easy and short back nine at that first course I mentioned.

I mostly play in the city I live in, I don't go play the fancy courses much. I look to do that more this year though and in the future. That way I can see what else there is to offer in the USA.

But for the most part, I'll either be striking the ball very well and suck it up with the short game or the opposite. I never seem to have it all going on the same day.

My best 18 and lowest score is a 69 on about the tightest course in the state. That's the only round in the 60's. That was my goal for last year and a did it. I've shot 71 about 20 times or more, no 70.

Shot 31 once on 9 holes and missed a 1 foot par putt.

I have shot a 62 once, which was like 10 under, but that was on a hack golf course where you could hit sand wedges into par 5's and drive some of the greens :) so that doesn't count. I htink the course rating is like a 67 or something :)

My lowest Competitive round was a 4 under 67. I did that in a college tourney. I have shot a couple 69's and I 'think" a 68, but those are the best I have done in competition.

• 2 years later...
Just curious what some of the lowest rounds you guys have had are. Post what your handicap was at the time and a brief description of the round.

My lowest to date was a 76, I shot it at Scyamore Golf Course in Arvin, CA. I shot it some time in the summer of 2000 when I was 14 years old, I had a friend I played with every sunday at this golf course and he was always 5-10 strokes better then me but this day I creamed him and shot 76 and he shot 79. I shot an even par 36 on the front nine and followed it up with a 40. I was an 8/9 handicap then - maybe lower I cant remember.

Since playing golf again after a 6 year break my lowest round thus far (after 2.5 weeks) is a 78 at my home course Tomball Country Club. I shot a pair of 39's and fortunately had no double bogeys which really helped break 80 again. Right now I am currently a 10 handicap.

what are some of your lowest rounds?

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
-Michael Jordan

81 is my lowest round yesterday at my home course.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

82 at a John Daly course down in Myrtle Beach. Wicked Stick, I think. No trees.

The lowest I've gone is 85 at my home courses (the two I usually play are rated 134 and 138). I've carded in a 37 on the most penal nine holes in the area, as well as a handful of 39's and 40's. In this heat, I play a lot of nine hole rounds because I try to keep enough energy to work out later that day.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I shot a 42 on 9 holes at Santee National last Thursday afternoon. best score so far. I played 9 last night at my home course. Didn't keep score and probably would have shot a 60! I couldn't hit anything straight last night.

My Sticks:
DriverFT-5 9.5° Tour Accuflex Creation 65g Stiff -or-
:R7 Superquad Redboard Stiff
Woods::TEE CB2 Accuflex Creation 80g stiff
Irons:755 cb 4-SWWedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52,56,60Putter::Seemore Black FGP 34.25"

I've shot a couple of 38's for nine holes. 81 for 18. I'm dying to break 80......

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

88 for 18

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

70 back in 1990 when I was 14 years old at Tanoan CC in Albuquerque. Was probably an 8 handicap at the time.

More recent… March '07. Shot a 31 on the back nine at Santa Ana GC in ABQ. but the front nine was a 43. Handicap was 7.

I really want to break 70 but I just don’t practice enough.
In my Ping Pioneer LC bag -
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10* closed
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11 15* open
Hybrid: Ping G15 20*
Irons: Ping G15 4, i15 5 - PWWedges: Ping Tour S 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60*Putter: TaylorMade Daytona Ghost 34" 

7 under 63 at my course a few weeks back.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 3821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!