IGNORED

Wedge setup -Callaway X Forged or Jaws CC?

steve77
Note: This thread is 3768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to replace my 2009 Vokey Oil Can wedges as I do not like the bounce/weighting on them.  I recently just purchased the Callaway X-Forged 60* vintage wedge and am looking to replace my 52* & 56*.  I hear that the X forged spins a lot  which is great for my LW but I'm not sure if I want to be peeling back shots with my sand & gap wedges.  Should I go with the CC grooves in the Jaws wedges or Mack Daddys?  Any insight would be appreciated.

Between those two I would go with the Mack Daddy wedges.  Here's our review

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/callaway_mack_daddy_2_wedge_review

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i have the mac daddy 2 56* and 60* wedge. the only issue i have with them is spin. they spin like crazy. if i play a full 56* (115 yards) it'll roll back to only about 105 on a soft green or a good back to front slope. i do love the spin out of bunkers tho haha. if you do get the mac 2 then either learn to play the spin or if you don't want the spin take a 3/4 swing with a 9 iron or pw to reduce it.

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

I am thinking of getting some used Callaway X-Forged wedges.  I prefer square grooves versus the new conforming grooves even though I've heard the mack Daddy 2 grooves are quite close to them.  Like you, my main concern is too much backspin on full shots with my 52 & 56 but I am thinking the used grooves could help with that.

I am thinking of getting some used Callaway X-Forged wedges. ...

I got an almost new Calla X-Forged (circa 2008) about three years ago. Just started using it this summer.

It sports 56.15, C-Grind with original MD grooves. On partial wedge shots off a non-shaggy lie I often get it hit and stop  - no back up, it just hits, pops up 6 inches, and stops where it landed.

You would need to test out the wedge(s) and see how they work. The type of ball you play, and your swing motion/attack angle will influence spin.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note on Jaws CC:

This summer, I came across two different stores which had a variety of Jaws CC wedges in stock. Don't know if they survived the fall sales or not.

For some reason, Sports Authority store in our area get a few Jaws on occasion.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

http://www.divot.com Jaws CC for $49. today only

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Note: This thread is 3768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!