Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
owens251109

which stiffness on my shaft?

4 posts in this topic

i have only been playing again consistent for 3 years now when i started playing again i was a 24 handicap. I am now a 8 im looking to improve more. never been a great driver of the ball ( long but not straight) average carry around 285. height 6'2 weight 245. with out getting fitted for a new driver shaft (dont have the extra money) what shaft should i get? I have stiff right now, my miss has mostly been a pull hook. should i get x stiff would that help with the pull hook? all my irons are stiff shaft and im pretty consistant with the ball flight. thanks for the help.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

If you carry the ball 285 then an X-flex would probably fit you best.  Golfers can be bad with estimating how far they carry it so I would try to double check on what your ball speed and swing speed are before you make the decision.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree ^^^^^^. If you call around your area, I would say that surely you can find someone who would be happy to fit you. I find it is most intimidating to call professionals but almost all are willing to help out. Best of luck!

Yes, definitely get checked. I hit a stiff flex driver all year, then yesterday I actually had my swing checked out.

My fastest swing was 83mph. A few were in the high 70's.

So, guess what I WON'T be hitting this coming season?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades