IGNORED

which stiffness on my shaft?

Note: This thread is 3758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have only been playing again consistent for 3 years now when i started playing again i was a 24 handicap. I am now a 8 im looking to improve more. never been a great driver of the ball ( long but not straight) average carry around 285. height 6'2 weight 245. with out getting fitted for a new driver shaft (dont have the extra money) what shaft should i get? I have stiff right now, my miss has mostly been a pull hook. should i get x stiff would that help with the pull hook? all my irons are stiff shaft and im pretty consistant with the ball flight. thanks for the help.

Driver: R11s - 3wood: RBZ - MIzuno 2 iron - rons: taylormade burner 2.0 4-pw - 63 degree: nike VR Forged - 52 Degree: nike VR Forged - 60 degree: callaway - Putter: odyssey white ice 2 ball I'm going to qualify for the U.S. Open and kick your boyfriend's ass. Whatever you think of me, you should know he hates old people, children, and dogs. Roy McAvoy.

If you carry the ball 285 then an X-flex would probably fit you best.  Golfers can be bad with estimating how far they carry it so I would try to double check on what your ball speed and swing speed are before you make the decision.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree ^^^^^^. If you call around your area, I would say that surely you can find someone who would be happy to fit you. I find it is most intimidating to call professionals but almost all are willing to help out. Best of luck!

See you on the course.

Yes, definitely get checked. I hit a stiff flex driver all year, then yesterday I actually had my swing checked out.

My fastest swing was 83mph. A few were in the high 70's.

So, guess what I WON'T be hitting this coming season?

Russ B.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!