IGNORED

What's Preventing You From Playing Scratch Golf?

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Time, weather in Alberta, and the fact I just bought a house and a car and all the furniture to go in said house, and that I just got engaged, and am now saving for a wedding.........

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Kieran123 - You're obviously looking at so many significant lifestyle changes. Just don't let less golf be one of them. Somewhere, there is a touchstone where you relieve stress. Golf is good for that. And congratulate on the engagement and new home.

• Upvote 1

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

Kieran123 - You're obviously looking at so many significant lifestyle changes. Just don't let less golf be one of them. Somewhere, there is a touchstone where you relieve stress. Golf is good for that. And congratulate on the engagement and new home.

I agree, that for me it is a good means to relieve stress, but I don't really care how I score. I just write them down and forget it. I'm still only looking for that one good shot or hole that makes the entire round worth while.

It seems like the lower you want your handicap, the more stressful the game.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I always find time for golf - but I may play less expensive courses, or less often. Golf is my ultimate stress reflief

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I think right now my potential handicap is probably somewhere from 3.0-4.0 a little over a year ago I was as low as 4.3 however in the past 4 months I have at the least played the front 9 at my home course at -1 and -2 at 138 and 141 slopes, I think the next  8 months are going to tell me a lot if I'm going to get close only or actually reach scratch. I'm 48 right now but don't feel that's going to hold me back yet at least not for another 10 years I would think. I really feel I may be close to a breakthrough point and just the right practice on the right things may be enough to get me close. I have a good amount of experience playing and can handle pressure in most instances however I did follow those low rounds with bad back 9's but it wasn't nerves as much as a couple bad breaks and trying to force a couple things when I knew better. I really feel that it's within my capabilities but I really have to practice very efficiently in order to make it happen, I play right alongside scratch players every week and see where I should be and can be as well as them telling me I can do it too. If I don't make it I'm planning on getting damn close at the very least and then drift back up to a 3 or 4 and enjoy playing only.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Today it was rain. Darn mother nature... I'll never be a +4 handicap this way. I'll have to live with the mental handicap that I can compete with the Honda Classic guys while watching from my couch!

BTW - there was an interesting movie (documentary) about some guy who had his own successful business but wanted to try and seriously make a run at the PGA Tour as a 40 year old with a wife and kids. I forgot the title of it, but I saw it about two years ago. Reminds me of this thread - what gets in the way of allowing you to master a sport you love. Check it out. I recommend it.

Today it was rain. Darn mother nature... I'll never be a +4 handicap this way. I'll have to live with the mental handicap that I can compete with the Honda Classic guys while watching from my couch!

Poor you. The rest of us who still have tons of snow on the course are begging for rain. ;-)

At this rate I'll be scratch right after I move to Florida.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!