IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It can be difficult and will take some concentration, but try listening for the your putts to fall rather than watching them.

i've been trying that. i just have to form the habit. i keep just getting excited as i do well and want to see it go in lol

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

As a small business owner free time is not generally a luxury if you want some success. Especially if you have a family. Be prepared to get up very early. I am starting year four of a five year plan, which is probably still unrealistic. One year is tough, hopefully you have a lot of free time.

I've never heard of a small business owner with free time. Good luck with both endeavors. Getting to a scratch golfer in a year is ambitious.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I feel this thread has the potential to be a very good read.

Good luck both in the business and your goal.

thank you. hopefully i can serve up some entertainment haha

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I'll be following the thread. My goal is to get to a sub-5 handicap this before next 1/4 - my birthday. I read there's a big difference between 5 and scratch, so good luck :).

I wish you luck.. I do have to ask though are you working on improving your fundamentals or just relying on more practice to get to your goal?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Still waiting to see those goals.  You posted your practice intent.  But not goals...goals are like this:

1 - establish what are the stats you plan to track?

• Stats from playing rounds of golf - FH, GIR, Putts, penalties, sand save percentages, up and downs, .....
  • Stats from practice - % of shots demonstrating intended target ball flight (you noted practicing draws and fades), any trackman metrics (club path, face angle, ...) etc etc etc.  Pitching/chipping(example: number of shots landing in the basket out of 100?).  Number of putts made from various distances - or a random pattern, etc etc.  Progressing of average distances for certain clubs

2 - what is the current performance of each of those stats?

3 - what numbers do you need to hit by your birthday to achieve your goals

4 - what is a reasonable progression between the numbers now, and your target numbers (a schedule and milestones/checkpoints - 9 months, I'd suggest bi-monthly checkpoints - 5 times to check and see if you are on schedule.

5 - to even stay on that schedule, you'll need good coaching/instruction from someone that believes your goal really is obtainable

(notice that handicap isn't a goal.  it'll be the result of meeting the goals that enable it)

simple stats, quantified, and projected rate of improvement - eliminate the subjective junk

(It really helps to have this, it's also great that:  on your birthday, you can look at your final results (scratch or not) of each goal and compare to when you started and feel great about the progress you made.  the incremental gains over the next 9 months will be good to watch, but not always so encouraging as the they are less dramatic)

(one question - will this effort really be fun for you?  some people yes, others no.  that depends on you) - 9 months from essentially a 10 handicap to scratch.....good luck

• Upvote 1

Bill - 

I'll be following the thread. My goal is to get to a sub-5 handicap this before next 1/4 - my birthday. I read there's a big difference between 5 and scratch, so good luck :).

thank you. good luck to you as well!!!

I wish you luck..

I do have to ask though are you working on improving your fundamentals or just relying on more practice to get to your goal?

Im practicing my technique on my own and I'm still taking lessons with the local pro

Still waiting to see those goals.  You posted your practice intent.  But not goals...goals are like this:

1 - establish what are the stats you plan to track?

Stats from playing rounds of golf - FH, GIR, Putts, penalties, sand save percentages, up and downs, .....

Stats from practice - % of shots demonstrating intended target ball flight (you noted practicing draws and fades), any trackman metrics (club path, face angle, ...) etc etc etc.  Pitching/chipping(example: number of shots landing in the basket out of 100?).  Number of putts made from various distances - or a random pattern, etc etc.  Progressing of average distances for certain clubs

2 - what is the current performance of each of those stats?

3 - what numbers do you need to hit by your birthday to achieve your goals

4 - what is a reasonable progression between the numbers now, and your target numbers (a schedule and milestones/checkpoints - 9 months, I'd suggest bi-monthly checkpoints - 5 times to check and see if you are on schedule.

5 - to even stay on that schedule, you'll need good coaching/instruction from someone that believes your goal really is obtainable

(notice that handicap isn't a goal.  it'll be the result of meeting the goals that enable it)

simple stats, quantified, and projected rate of improvement - eliminate the subjective junk

(It really helps to have this, it's also great that:  on your birthday, you can look at your final results (scratch or not) of each goal and compare to when you started and feel great about the progress you made.  the incremental gains over the next 9 months will be good to watch, but not always so encouraging as the they are less dramatic)

(one question - will this effort really be fun for you?  some people yes, others no.  that depends on you) - 9 months from essentially a 10 handicap to scratch.....good luck

1. my stats i plan to track are FIR, GIR, Putts, and Penatlies. i will post my stats from practice on here

2. usually my FIR are 6-12, GIR are usually around only 6, putts lately have been between 31-35, i have had way to many penalty shots

3. i plan to hit 10-14 FIR, at least 14 GIR, i would like to consistently be under 30 putts. I'm happy with 31 on the last two rounds. i want to average less than 1 penalty shot per round.

4. I'm hoping to up my average FIR 1 per round every month, 2 GIR every month, i need to work on consistency with my swing to lower penalty strokes

5. currently i have an instructor who is surprised my handicap is so high based on what he has seen from me. he thinks  have huge potential and is kinda the reason I'm starting this goal haha

i like challenging myself so although i do get frustrated with bad rounds. all in all i am having fun because I'm seeing the progression. it may get harder as progression isn't as obvious as i near my goal.

well today at the range went pretty good at first. my natural shot (slight fade) is about 90% on target 95% within 5 yards of target. as far as fade and draw. I'm only about 60% accurate with those. i tend to overdue the spin. my 3/4 shots went pretty good until i started pulling my 3/4 PW about 10 yards left of target. i tried correcting it and for the next 25 shots i shanked them crazy. then got frustrated and couldn't pull it back together for my final 20 shots which i was hooking like crazy. maybe fatigue and frustration got the best of me. i'll post my videos of the session. one draw, one fade, one driver, and one s***k =/

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

ok here are some videos from my practice session today. with irons I'm aiming at the blue 200 yard marker thats pretty close to my shoulder/neck area

Fade

draw

driver - with my fade

the S word that showed up

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

any ideas on why the s word showed up??? any help would be greatly appreciated

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

any ideas on why the s word showed up??? any help would be greatly appreciated

Would be great to see a face on.  Backswing looks good, hips might be shifting back to the right a little, not sure.  Shaft gets steep on the downswing and in order to shallow it out your right knee crashes through the red line (drawn just in front of the knee at address).  It's hurting your ability to get the sweetspot consistently where you need it to be.

So without see a face on I would say these would be good feels to practice.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Would be great to see a face on.  Backswing looks good, hips might be shifting back to the right a little, not sure.  Shaft gets steep on the downswing and in order to shallow it out your right knee crashes through the red line (drawn just in front of the knee at address).  It's hurting your ability to get the sweetspot consistently where you need it to be.

So without see a face on I would say these would be good feels to practice.

thank you so much for the tip and videos. i will take some videos tomorrow at the range and post it asap to get some more feedback. thank you again

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

@mvmac wow i watched that second video and watched my videos and wow my right knee is crazy. i can't wait to try that toe up thing

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

@mvmac wow i watched that second video and watched my videos and wow my right knee is crazy. i can't wait to try that toe up thing

If you like what these guys teach and you obviously are able to film your swing then you might want to check out [URL=http://evolvr.com]evolvr[/URL] sometime. Especially if you want to make the corrections to get to scratch. There is a lot they can work with in your swing that is already pretty good. It has been working for me. It is also more cost effective than traditional lessons and you can do it in your time.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

If you like what these guys teach and you obviously are able to film your swing then you might want to check out evolvr sometime. Especially if you want to make the corrections to get to scratch. There is a lot they can work with in your swing that is already pretty good. It has been working for me. It is also more cost effective than traditional lessons and you can do it in your time.

thank you. ya i was looking into it, but i still have 3 lessons left at the local course. i was going to wait to finish them and then start the evolvr so i don't have 2 voices going into my head ya know.

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleAnthony

@mvmac

wow i watched that second video and watched my videos and wow my right knee is crazy. i can't wait to try that toe up thing

If you like what these guys teach and you obviously are able to film your swing then you might want to check out evolvr sometime. Especially if you want to make the corrections to get to scratch. There is a lot they can work with in your swing that is already pretty good. It has been working for me. It is also more cost effective than traditional lessons and you can do it in your time.

I personally am waiting for the snow to melt in my backyard so I can sign up and send in a video.

Also probably need it to be warmer otherwise my girlfriend won't videotape me.  Doubt she wants to be standing outside when the temperature is in single digits. - haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
I personally am waiting for the snow to melt in my backyard so I can sign up and send in a video. Also probably need it to be warmer otherwise my girlfriend won't videotape me.  Doubt she wants to be standing outside when the temperature is in single digits. - haha.

Get a tripod or a table or something. 30 FPS is fine. Video that's wobbly is tougher to use especially given how preventable it is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

I personally am waiting for the snow to melt in my backyard so I can sign up and send in a video.

Also probably need it to be warmer otherwise my girlfriend won't videotape me.  Doubt she wants to be standing outside when the temperature is in single digits. - haha.

Get a tripod or a table or something. 30 FPS is fine. Video that's wobbly is tougher to use especially given how preventable it is.

Hrm - never thought of that.  My girlfriend will surely endorse that idea.

Unfortunately, I can't do anything about the snow that's still on the ground - haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!