IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You guys text each other?  :hmm:

I just assumed he did all this stuff from his phone.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Long time coming and Kyle is called out and disappears.-Easy call to make that one. Good too-will stop y'all from being tempted to waste more time on him again, the undeserving ungrateful you know what.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

My only question (after spending the last couple of hours reading through this thread...)

If Kyle is done getting all the free instruction, can I start my own thread now and get hours and hours and $$ and $$$ of instruction???

My only question (after spending the last couple of hours reading through this thread...)

If Kyle is done getting all the free instruction, can I start my own thread now and get hours and hours and $$ and $$$ of instruction???

Sorry you are already a single handicap (9.4)!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Sorry you are already a single handicap (9.4)!!

Plus, that's my plan. :smartass:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I guess I should have gotten in while it was still "scratch" goal.

What if my 9.4 is only that low because I used to be better and I am headed in the wrong direction??

In fact, I have a 5 month old, so it may take me until she is 10 to get enough rounds to remove some of my good rounds from a year ago.

It's really only worth anything if he actually uses the instruction correctly, this is where @KyleAnthony could not grasp the concept of how to practice and that this practice is more often than not going to take time to bear fruit, sure he would say he knew this but the reality is he had no interest in the real work it takes to become a good single digit player or even scratch, the mere fact that he started out with the assumption that he could become a scratch player in less than a year made it obvious he wasn't really serious and if he was then he would have realized early on that it was more than a lofty goal and that he probably should not start the thread in the first place, the other thing is he thinks people on the internet actually don't like him and that's not really what it is, it's more of him not listening and digesting what was being said to him by knowledgable  idividuals that frustrated some members here and made them say some things that were the hard truth.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

It's really only worth anything if he actually uses the instruction correctly, this is where @KyleAnthony could not grasp the concept of how to practice and that this practice is more often than not going to take time to bear fruit, sure he would say he knew this but the reality is he had no interest in the real work it takes to become a good single digit player or even scratch, the mere fact that he started out with the assumption that he could become a scratch player in less than a year made it obvious he wasn't really serious and if he was then he would have realized early on that it was more than a lofty goal and that he probably should not start the thread in the first place, the other thing is he thinks people on the internet actually don't like him and that's not really what it is, it's more of him not listening and digesting what was being said to him by knowledgable  idividuals that frustrated some members here and made them say some things that were the hard truth.

Agreed in general, but goals are usually loftier than reality. Not overly so, but a little higher than what we really think is possible.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Damn this thread was so good. I'm completely baffled how much effort, advice, etc. went into this from everyone. We could have raised enough money to feed a village in Kenya for a year with all the combined man hours invested in this thread :-D . There was an odd control-issue with this thread that I didn't quite understand, but Kyle should have probably just started his own "Dan Plan" style blog outside of TST.

Agreed in general, but goals are usually loftier than reality. Not overly so, but a little higher than what we really think is possible.

Have to disagree, goals and objectives are (and should be) by design, obtainable. It all comes down to planning and execution. A goal that is unattainable isn't a goal, it's a pipe dream.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Have to disagree, goals and objectives are (and should be) by design, obtainable. It all comes down to planning and execution. A goal that is unattainable isn't a goal, it's a pipe dream.

How do you know until you try and how do set a goal without knowing then? I might not be able to get to my personal goal, but I sure as hell have a good plan to try. I don't know if it is attainable or not.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

How do you know until you try and how do set a goal without knowing then? I might not be able to get to my personal goal, but I sure as hell have a good plan to try. I don't know if it is attainable or not.

Hmm. Good point, I think I worded it poorly. My point is that one should set reasonable goals and achieve them incrementally. For example, both of us want to be scratch golfers. Neither one of us knows for sure if we can do it, as you said, but you have a more realistic shot at than I do. That's the difference IMO, for you it's a realistic goal, for me it's still kind of a pipe dream. I'm better off setting a lesser target as my goal that I'm more likely to achieve.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I agree that engineering goals should be attainable, but to want a goal that you do not have prior knowledge of feasibility is also okay. This would be more like a marketing goal.

The difference between these types of goals is simply that one is known to be feasible, and the other depends upon factors not really under your control.

Even if you break down this goal into "engineering goals". Putting and swing mechanics.

I want to get my putts from 38 down to 32. How would you go about doing this? I will hire an expert coach to teach me all the fundamentals of putting. Is this a guarantee? Not really. I think the coach can teach you everything he knows, and adapt it to your needs. A simple and specific goal of improving my putting fundamentals by discovering a more optimal putting stroke can help as well. I haven't even looked at putting yet, but I am sure it can also be broken down into fundamentals.

Then there's the short game to reduce putts as well. More specific things I need to practice, I'm sure.

My swing is at a point where there are specific drills and movements I need to do. My coach tells me to make sure that my elbows stay together during the downswing. This goal is very specific, but may or may not help me achieve those goals. I know from experience that it has improved my distance and accuracy off the tee, and irons will hopefully follow. This goal is not really a guarantee by itself that I will score lower because I could have other issues even though I haven't discovered them yet.

Is there a guarantee that achieving the "engineering goals" will help me attain my "marketing goal" of shooting the low 80s? No.

So, in my case setting a slightly unrealistic marketing goal gives me a simple reason (a Mantra) to do all the specific "engineering tasks" required.

I think it is valid to set a marketing goal if it gives you incentive to do the engineering required, but not guaranteed to achieve it.

Hmm. Good point, I think I worded it poorly. My point is that one should set reasonable goals and achieve them incrementally.

For example, both of us want to be scratch golfers. Neither one of us knows for sure if we can do it, as you said, but you have a more realistic shot at than I do. That's the difference IMO, for you it's a realistic goal, for me it's still kind of a pipe dream. I'm better off setting a lesser target as my goal that I'm more likely to achieve.

I think @cipher is already on his way to becoming a scratch golfer, and so are you. You're just at different points towards that goal. A goal is not something you always make either.

Life has no guarantees. You just have to believe you can do it, and go for it. Not blindly, of course.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hmm. Good point, I think I worded it poorly. My point is that one should set reasonable goals and achieve them incrementally.

For example, both of us want to be scratch golfers. Neither one of us knows for sure if we can do it, as you said, but you have a more realistic shot at than I do. That's the difference IMO, for you it's a realistic goal, for me it's still kind of a pipe dream. I'm better off setting a lesser target as my goal that I'm more likely to achieve.

Heck right now I feel as far away from scratch as ever.  Even now I give it only about a %50 chance of happening in the timeline I would like it to happen in.   I think the long range goal that may be unattainable is ok, and like you and @Lihu are saying setting those short term attainable goals are important.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Heck right now I feel as far away from scratch as ever.  Even now I give it only about a %50 chance of happening in the timeline I would like it to happen in.   I think the long range goal that may be unattainable is ok, and like you and @Lihu are saying setting those short term attainable goals are important.

That's the main difference in the approach that makes us different than Kyle.

He has the marketing part down pat, but just didn't set himself up to do the engineering part. Who knows maybe he'll come around and do it. At least I hope so.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Heck right now I feel as far away from scratch as ever.  Even now I give it only about a %50 chance of happening in the timeline I would like it to happen in.   I think the long range goal that may be unattainable is ok, and like you and @Lihu are saying setting those short term attainable goals are important.

Unattainable for me for sure. As my game "improves" it's only an improvement in consistency and predictability but my lowest scores are only coming up to meet my highest scores as they come down. They seem to level out at a happy medium around 5 or 6 over the course rating. That's what I can pretty much count on shooting.

A few years ago I might shoot a 68 and I might shoot an 88 and there was no telling which one it might be in any given round.

Note: This thread is 3633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!