IGNORED

Should I trust Golfsmith to check and adjust loft and lie?

Note: This thread is 3760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't feel like driving the hour to have my fitter do it.  Anyone have bad or good experience with them?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would imagine that this particular operation doesn't require the same master's touch that you would want in a fitting. Put it on the gauge, check it, adjust if necessary, done. I wouldn't need a master carpenter to measure a 2x4 for example.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I was having trouble with my 7 iron distances so took 6-8 irons to GS to have lofts checked. Tech found only 1 degree difference between 6 and 7 (which is what I suspected).

But the tech wanted to adjust all three to match modern lofts (these blades are 30+ years old and thus properly set about a club weaker). After I explained this, the tech was happy to adjust loft on only the club that was off, the 7 iron, to my spec.

He also noticed that the lie on the 6 iron didn't match the range of the others and adjusted this.

In short, know what spec you want and GS techs will be very competent to give good service in my experience.

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Thanks @CR McDivot .

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!