IGNORED

My Swing (JPK1988)

JPK1988
Note: This thread is 3309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 Years

My current handicap index or average score is: 4.3

My typical ball flight is: Draw, usually lower traj.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: The weak block right.

It's a little more upright and a LOT longer than the last time I took a video (maybe October?).

Things I know are wrong:

My elbow flies, it always has.  I played baseball through college, and I've really tried to fix that elbow, but it usually results in me getting to flat.

Its long/past parallel.  This is something that varies for me, went through stretches where it was overly short this summer. I think it has to do with my hand action.

My right foot/hips tend to get "jumpy", (my right knee makes an uncomfortable straightening/fire move that I struggle hard to control) not sure if I'm overactive with the hips or what.  I worked hard to turn not slide.  Still needs alot of work.

Alright its my first post ever.  Be gentle haha.

Welcome to the site.. I think to get better feedback you should post your swing from the down the line view and from the head on or front view.. Down the line as has been explained to me is right behind you basically aiming down the target line, with the middle point being your hands and the front is just in front of you looking at you perpendicular to the target line at your hip line in the center of your body.. Just do a quick search on swing recording and you'll see what I'm talking about.. p.s. I am still trying to get the down the line right.. Free flowing swing though , very nice!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just do a quick search on swing recording and you'll see what I'm talking about..

This is what @Abu3baid is referring to: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Anyone?  I know the angles aren't good enough for any in depth analysis.. Did the best I could balancing the forward camera on my phone on the nearest bench or ledge...

Ive seen a few instructors or pros who comment on the "my swing" posts. Mvmac iacas? cipher?  Sorry I'm new not sure how it all works.

Thanks guys!

Anyone?  I know the angles aren't good enough for any in depth analysis.. Did the best I could balancing the forward camera on my phone on the nearest bench or ledge... Ive seen a few instructors or pros who comment on the "my swing" posts. Mvmac iacas? cipher?  Sorry I'm new not sure how it all works. Thanks guys!  newbie

Welcome to the forum. Just a quick tip, you're going to get a lot more feedback if you participate in other areas of the forum and people get to know you better. There are a lot of resources here that can help you learn more about the golf swing, and by extension, your own. Here's a good one because you mentioned hip turning: [URL]http://thesandtrap.com/t/29616/the-biggest-secret-slide-your-hips[/URL] You have a good swing, I'm not surprised that you are a low single digit at all. I'm not qualified to give you any advice and I doubt you'd want it from me anyways, so good luck to you and hopefully others will be able to help you.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Worked hard on getting the club started a little more inside and feeling a little more around, powering the backswing with body rotation and less lift.. Got the majority of balls back to the sweet spot.  Its still feels and looks a little loose and handsy but oh well. Its january.  Was getting a cool pro-tracer type camera effect in the lights too haha.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

boo for bad video quality.

wish i could keep my left arm straight, and hold the lock in my left knee on the finish, but they both just give out. oh well.

@iacas @mvmac or any other of the pros on here, can anyone figure out what I'm doing to come over the top? I've never gotten the club outside my hands on the downswing like this before, always been stuck inside if anything.  I'm hitting weak cuts and push fades and it's driving me insane not being able to fix it.  I don't know if its something that can be seen here or if I need a face on (don't have it right now). thanks

• 10 months later...

Can anyone pick up anything that might be causing toe hits and thin shots?  My ball striking sucks, and I am convinced I physically can't fix that flying right elbow.

Sorry in advance for the vertical video.

Note: This thread is 3309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!