IGNORED

What prescription glasses work for you?

Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in my upper 50's now, and vision is mildly affected by 'nearsightednes (myopia)'. Last year I went to the optomitrist to get a prescription and some golf sunglasses in a bronze shade. When I got them they really looked good as I wore them home driving and casually around. When I tried them for golfing, things didn't work out so well. As I addressed the ball to prepare to hit, I noticed the ground looked like it was sloping away from me. When I took the glasses off, the ground ''actually'' sloped the the opposite way, slightly upward. I was wondering what other golfers, with nearsightedness, did for sight correction while golfing, and how successful you are with glasses?

Tom

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear rx glasses. My sight has more problems..lol. What I would do is revisit your Doc, and explain what happened, maybe he/she can correct the problem. Also mention if you haven't that you need to see that little round ball from far away..

I use regular prescription too and things look just a tad smaller compared to contacts. I always wear contacts when playing but the few times I forgot contacts I didn't have a problem seeing with glasses . With tennis though if I wear glasses I whiff on the overhead serve. Something about movement and depth perception.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I usually wear variable lenses, but had a pair of distance vision only glasses for golf made. The variable makes it tough to watch the ball. I

had my golf glasses treated with the transition coating so I can use the same ones sunny and cloudy days.

I wear prescription Oakley M-frames or regular glasses.  I don't have that issue.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I got my prescription about a mount ago, and today I talked with a fitting technician. I brought up the issues with my present pair of glasses and showed them to him. One of the issues I have with my present glasses is the optical center is in the 'center of the lens, right where it should be for a normal pair of glasses. When I address the golf ball to hit, I am looking through the lower portion of the lens, not the optic center, which will cause distortion. He suggested putting the optic center 4mm's lower on the new pair, which would align the OC to where I am viewing the golf ball at address. I don't know if this will solve the problem, but it should help.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!