IGNORED

TST Visits Callaway (Ely Callaway Performance Center) Big Bertha, X2 Hot, Apex Irons Pics and Videos

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been hitting these clubs at work.. for the 1st time the other day I hit the X2hot irons, and I cant believe how well the ball comes off.

I hit the 3hybrid, and was crushing it... with ease... the driver felt good, but the Big Bertha I thought was better.

Now the Apex Irons.. all 3 of of them.. holy cow.. I never was really a big Callaway fan till about 4 months ago... But these new Irons feel so great and look very good too. IMO

I couldn't take pics at work of the clubs cause we were told by the Rep not too.. but man i cant wait for them to get released.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

quick ?...

those balls are marked as " - CHROME + + - "....is that their practice version?

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

quick ?...

those balls are marked as " - CHROME + + - "....is that their practice version?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What I'd give to live in SoCal and visit Callaway … frequently.

Way to go, guys.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The big bertha alpha looks hot. I want it in my bag. Lets see if I can save up... $500 is alot

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

The big bertha alpha looks hot. I want it in my bag. Lets see if I can save up... $500 is alot

It's going to be $399

Mike McLoughlin

It's going to be $399

I thought the regular would be $399 and the alpha would be $499

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

The Big Bertha is 499.. cause it has the features of being to adjust your ball flight pattern... I'll tell you that club is awesome, feels good and moves well through the zone.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

I thought the regular would be $399 and the alpha would be $499

The Big Bertha is 499.. cause it has the features of being to adjust your ball flight pattern... I'll tell you that club is awesome, feels good and moves well through the zone.

Yeah BB Alpha is $499, BB is $399

Mike McLoughlin

My club maker has a Callaway account, where they will sell him heads only, and he customizes.

He says the Big Bertha will be the hottest driver for 2014 ... at least until June ... when heck, they'll probably release another driver... lol.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I think Callaway will have a very big year.I work at a Golf Galaxy and have hit all of the new clubs.The Apex Pros will be in my bag,awsome irons.I hit the Great Big Bertha Alpha and the X 2 Hot drivers last week.Very impressed with both.I hit the Alpha a little further.The core weight in the Alpha is to control spin rate and does so.The X2 Hot irons feel good also,they are cast,but have a nice feel.Callaway is really putting out some great looking and performing equipment.Just keeps getting better with a lot of the new equipment from all the companies and that is good for everyone!

I think Callaway will have a very big year.I work at a Golf Galaxy and have hit all of the new clubs.The Apex Pros will be in my bag,awsome irons.I hit the Great Big Bertha Alpha and the X 2 Hot drivers last week.Very impressed with both.I hit the Alpha a little further.The core weight in the Alpha is to control spin rate and does so.The X2 Hot irons feel good also,they are cast,but have a nice feel.Callaway is really putting out some great looking and performing equipment.Just keeps getting better with a lot of the new equipment from all the companies and that is good for everyone!

Could you tell a difference between the X 2 Hot and the X 2 Hot pro?

• 1 month later...
I just ordered the Big Bertha Alpha and the Apex Pro irons. I hit both of these at Golf Galaxy before buying and I was very impressed with both. I really like the look of the BB Alpha. The dark blue on the top is a very good color to look at and it sets up very nice. The Fubuki shaft they put in it is great, but doesn't fit my game so I put a Tour AD-DI 7 in it and cannot wait to hit it. As far as the Apex pro irons, I also love the look of them. They have a great design and I like how Callaway went back to a Ben Hogan type look. These irons feel like cutting butter when you catch it right. I can still work them like a true blade, but they provide the forgiveness of a game improvement iron on mishits. I can see these irons cutting a few strokes off of my game immediately. Overall, I am very impressed with both of these clubs from Callaway and cannot wait to get them on the course!

Note: This thread is 3708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!