IGNORED

Have you seen the Nike Covert 2.0 clubs? Wow!

GlobalGolf
Note: This thread is 3521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be curious to hit them. So far, I've been very underwhelmed by everything Nike has produced, but I think the Coverts were a step in the right direction.

Thanks for posting.

I think Nike is quietly going in the right direction. The performance of the clubs are pretty good. If you get a chance and are in the market I'd at least demo one.  Everyone is different when it comes to club choice :-)

See you on the course.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Mark Crossfield review on YouTube...love the look of the added white to the cavity. He gives accurate reviews IMO, and said that it's not much different other than a few cosmetic tweaks. I think I will keep my Covert (1.0) for now, still loving it.If

If it ain't broke.....

See you on the course.

I currently use the Covert driver and 3-4 hybrids and love them. I'll be picking up a 3 wood and 5 wood when these 2.0s come out.

Great choice! They've fine tuned them from last year. They will fit in nicely with what you currently have. Good luck with them!

See you on the course.

I think I may have taken a swing or 2 with the Covert 1.0 early las year. Never really appealed to me I guess. Maybe next time I am out a golf store I will try both

Worth a try. That's my stance.  Everyone has what works for them. As a general rule for me, if I'm in the market for something I don't discount anything until I personally know.

See you on the course.

Im a Nike guy and I wont go near those. Like a poster above stated the first Covert can be had for just over $100. Besides my VRS is still treating me very well. I will take a look at the toe sweep wedges though.

Toe Sweep Wedges!!! Those look like they have a great concept behind them. Can't wait to try them out on the course and see the performance

See you on the course.

• 1 month later...
Toe Sweep Wedges!!! Those look like they have a great concept behind them. Can't wait to try them out on the course and see the performance

Why the price drop already on the Covert 2.0 stuff? Im not complaining at all just wondering. You guys have it listed for $279 (I think) and I saw it at another site for $250 brand new. what gives?

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Why the price drop already on the Covert 2.0 stuff? Im not complaining at all just wondering. You guys have it listed for $279 (I think) and I saw it at another site for $250 brand new. what gives?

No idea the price dropped to $250! Where did you see it?

See you on the course.

No idea the price dropped to $250! Where did you see it?

My mistake it's actually $259 plus tax but still..... http://www.hurricanegolf.com/shop-by-brand/nike-golf/nike-vr-s-covert-2-0-driver.html **Sorry if posting the above link is against a rule or something. Im not in any way advertising for them just curious why the price is already dropping is all.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Certain websites will offer prices lower then they are supposed to. I know who they are and buy my stuff cheaper on them myself. I don't see any price drops on any of the large golf retailer sites however.

Edit: Finally got my 2.0 driver this week and love it.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

THE WORST FEELING DRIVER OUT THERE. It is absolutely horrible.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To each his own...

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Titleist Pro V1

I've got the V1 three and five woods and tour 3 hybrid and absolutely love them. Easily getting 30-50 yards extra distance when compared to my starter Wilson set. I also got all three clubs off eBay with the hybrid coming from direct golf for £30! When it arrived it quite clearly had never been used! :) Anyway I like the clubs and swear by them. They are better than the clubs they replaced and I paid not a lot for each of them. Even with my high handicap I find the clubs very easy to hit with and come the summer I reckon I'll have the chance of hitting several of our par 5's in two thanks to the distance I'm getting! Regards Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the Covert 1.0 driver, 15* 3 Wood & 5 Hybrid......All hit very straight.......keeping me in the fairway.

I'll take anything that puts me in the fairway!

See you on the course.

I took a lesson today and the instructor asked if he could hit my new 2.0 driver. He hit a half dozen balls and was very impressed with it.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Titleist Pro V1

I took a lesson today and the instructor asked if he could hit my new 2.0 driver. He hit a half dozen balls and was very impressed with it.

Smart man! They do make some great stuff.

See you on the course.

Note: This thread is 3521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!