IGNORED

Any E bayer's here..?

Hammer 4
Note: This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I just started buying golf related items. I bought a practice net, brand new from a long time seller with great feedback.

When I do purchase something, I paypal as soon as I win the auction, which gives me good feedback, however this seller after over 10 days hasn't given me any feedback at all. I figure it would help if and when I decide to sell something on ebay.

So my ? for the in the know e bayers is, what can I do, I can't take back the feedback I gave him, or am I just stuck..?

TIA..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So, I just started buying golf related items. I bought a practice net, brand new from a long time seller with great feedback.

When I do purchase something, I paypal as soon as I win the auction, which gives me good feedback, however this seller after over 10 days hasn't given me any feedback at all. I figure it would help if and when I decide to sell something on ebay.

So my ? for the in the know e bayers is, what can I do, I can't take back the feedback I gave him, or am I just stuck..?

TIA..

I sell a ton of stuff on ebay. My customers get feedback and their item shipped within one business day.

60% of the buyers do not leave feedback and 1% try to get cash back immediately because they do not read what they bid on. Then others trash my shipping rating when I have never profited on shipping (either free shipping or charging actual usps cost)

If I wasnt getting high margins on the stuff I sell, I wouldnt be selling there. Between ebay and its sister paypal, the fees are ridiculous and the restrictions they place can really be a pain.

When I buy, I leave feedback the day my item is delivered.

• Upvote 1

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Thanks Meenman. I guess I'll have to live with it. Yeah, it's to bad when people act like idiots and try to get something for nothing. So far, I have received some great deals on golf stuff, some do charge way more for shipping than necessary, i.e. one guy charges 9.00 to ship 1 3 wood, another 25.00 for the same carrier, I just avoid those guys. I've never sold anything there, but have on craigslist. Anywho, thanks for the info.

Update, I sent the guy a message re: the feedback, he responded and left me some, and it was very good.

Good!   Sometimes a friendly reminder will work.  Others won't respond even after the reminder.   But if you buy and sell long enough, you will get enough feedback eventually.  BTW, be sure to give the seller/buyer an opportunity to fix any bad situation before giving out a bad review.   More often than not, the other party will counter yours with his bad review of you.   Both lose that way.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I'm in a slightly similar position. I am awaiting feedback from a seller I bought from last month (and paid through PayPal within 15 minutes of the auction ending). I see that he has left feedback for others, but not me.

I'm not especially bothered about this, and actually have no intention of chasing him for feedback. Maybe it's just an oversight, but part of me does wonder if it's because the seller was displeased with the final price (about $75 for a brand new Wilson D100 driver). I was lucky - although I was in a bidding war with someone at the close, he kept sniping away in very low increments rather than just placing a decent bid. I'd have happily paid $150 for the driver, maybe more, given that Rockbottom Golf (among others) still want $249 for one - but my ebay opponent only drove my bid up a few bucks to close a few pennies above $75. Maybe the seller was unhappy? I did leave him excellent feedback the day the club arrived, however.

Trouble with Wilson Staff gear from an ebay seller's perspective (and I know, having tried to sell some of my used Fybrids in the past), is that although it's great equipment, the name just doesn't have that cachet of Cleveland, Callaway, etc, and it is hard to attract bidders. The same seller I bought my driver from sold some Nike drivers that same week for a lot more money than I paid for my  W/S D100.

For sellers, don't worry about missing feedback, as long as you keep your feedback at 100% approval or very close to it. The few times I look at a feedback rating, basically I wish to be assured I am dealing with someone that can be trusted.

@Hammer 4 ,

I am always polite when I contact sellers and buyers.  I helps a lot.

A few other tips for buying on e-bay.

1. Read descriptions very carefully and look at the photos in detail when buying.

2. Beware of new equipment purchases unless the come from the US and the sellers have very good feedback numbers.

3. A lot of new items can be counterfeit from China.  If location is not supplied by the seller, avoid.  Look for bad grammar in the ad too.

4. Ask questions before you buy.  Good sellers will respond quickly.

5. When selling, take good pictures and allow the zoom feature.  I find taking pictures outdoors the best because the lighting is better.

6. Once in a while you will have someone not pay.  Try polite correspondence first.  If that doesn't work, report to E-Bay and sell again.

7. Don't ever ship before you get payment.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!