IGNORED

Ryder cup

Hardballs
Note: This thread is 3754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know it's a while off yet, but I cannot wait for the Ryder cup! It has to be my favourite sporting event of all! There's something about this tournament that gets me so excited, and I love to watch the final day in peace, so I've organised a 2 day tourney this year, play in the morning of the final day, then sit around the hotel for the rest of the day watching the final results come in, probably with a beer or 12, stay over, then a different course the day after in a team event as per Ryder cup! It's still 8 months away but I feel like I'm waiting for Christmas!

Gaz Lee

I know it's a while off yet, but I cannot wait for the Ryder cup! It has to be my favourite sporting event of all! There's something about this tournament that gets me so excited, and I love to watch the final day in peace, so I've organised a 2 day tourney this year, play in the morning of the final day, then sit around the hotel for the rest of the day watching the final results come in, probably with a beer or 12, stay over, then a different course the day after in a team event as per Ryder cup! It's still 8 months away but I feel like I'm waiting for Christmas!

I was going to say the time difference might caught you out but I spotted you're in the UK!

Play golf while the Ryder Cup is on!!! Not a chance, I'll be glued to it all day, no chance I'd play a round and just catch the final results.

Going to be an interesting run in for the European team, I expect a few new faces this time around.

I don't mind missing a couple of hours in the morning for a round, and then watch all the final day, I'll be dying to hit a ball by then anyway! I've a few friends who are going to it! But tickets are already hard to come by now, so I planned the wkend away so I can watch it in peace without the family and squeeze a couple of rounds in too! yeah I'm expecting a few new faces, the full line up will be interesting to say the least,.. Both USA and Europe! Being British you would think I'd be firmly on the euro side, and I suppose I am, but to be honest the highlight for me is the singles on the last day! Seeing the best players against each other in a 1 on 1 situation! It never disappoints! Regardless which side wins, it's just a fantastic tournament, and 2 years is just too long to wait!

Gaz Lee

Note: This thread is 3754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!