IGNORED

Looking for a 3 wood......

Dables
Note: This thread is 3705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone recommend a somewhat high launching 3 wood that doesn't have much offset? seems like every fairway wood I look at these days has a closed face. When I put them down they look impossible for me to get airborne (I play a draw)

Also, what do you shorter guys do for woods? I play my irons 2.5 degrees flat, but that's not an option for woods. Do you just shorten the shafts?

Adams fwys do NOT sit closed.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Wish I would never have gotten rid of my KZG FW....Gave it to my brother when he lost all his golf equipment in Hurricane Katrina....

Plenty of KZG stuff still out there.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Rocketballz stage 2, hot club

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Rocketballz stage 2, hot club

You would consider this an easy club to hit off the deck? I've always thought of TM fairways as great off the tee, but I don't think of them as easy off the deck. Maybe I'll have to take a look

You would consider this an easy club to hit off the deck? I've always thought of TM fairways as great off the tee, but I don't think of them as easy off the deck. Maybe I'll have to take a look

It's not bad at all off the fairway, of course you have to put a good swing on it so I guess depending on the players ability would determine if they think it's a good club off the deck. I have had success more often than not with this club it is very forgiving I really want to use it more off the tee in the future, the distance drop off versus the driver is minimal and the gains in confidence and control are significant. I tested it against the covert and callaway and it was straighter and longer for me about 7 yards longer and tighter dispersion. The only bad thing that came about this club is that I bought the driver immediately afterwards without testing assuming the same performance and boy was I mistaken, not saying the driver was no good but I should have tried out others at the same time, oh well live and learn right? Your going to find people with the same opinion when it comes to this 3 wood versus the driver I don't know why TM wasn't able to make the driver perform as well as this 3 wood but that's just how it is.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

don't know why TM wasn't able to make the driver perform as well as this 3 wood but that's just how it is.

Taylormade hasn't made their driver better since the R7 ;-)  Seriously, I had one, went through a couple other drivers I never hit as well, then found an R7 head in great shape with a new shaft, went back to it, and haven't looked back.  I can mash that club when I'm swinging well and a lot of days it's my favorite club in the bag!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Taylormade hasn't made their driver better since the R7 ;-)  Seriously, I had one, went through a couple other drivers I never hit as well, then found an R7 head in great shape with a new shaft, went back to it, and haven't looked back.  I can mash that club when I'm swinging well and a lot of days it's my favorite club in the bag!

R7 was my best driver too.

FWIW. I have both a 3 wood and 5 wood that are Tailormade Burners and hit both of them great (if only all of my other clubs would cooperate that much).

I had R7 superquad, put the two heavy weights in the front 9.5 regret selling it started to get some awful hooks with it, looking back I think a stiffer shaft would have helped. Feel and sound perfect

You might try some of the adjustable 3Ws. With these, you can try a neutral or an open face and see which one works best.

From a couple of years back, the Callaway Razr Fit got good reviews for launching high, with a lot of people setting the face angle at open.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I currently play an R9 with the face wide open. Great off the tee, but I can't hit it off the deck. I have a 910 4 wood as well, but I have mixed results with it. I'm normally very consistant with my ball striking, so it's really frustrating.

I picked up a used Titleist 910 F2 3 wood. It's adjustable for loft, ect.One of the easiest 3 woods I've ever hit, and I've hit a few inducing the R7 TM. IMHO the Titleist is worth a good look. I got mine from a site sponsor, Global Golf.

I picked up a used Titleist 910 F2 3 wood. It's adjustable for loft, ect.One of the easiest 3 woods I've ever hit, and I've hit a few inducing the R7 TM. IMHO the Titleist is worth a good look. I got mine from a site sponsor, Global Golf.

I've got the same club in a 4 wood. I like it, I just find I'm very inconsistant with it, which is unusual for me. I actually think I'm going to try re-shafting an old adams tight lies and see what happens with that. I did hit an X-hot 3 wood today that was really sweet, if I pull the trigger on something that might be it.

One of my buddies got a X Hot 3 wood towards the end of last year and thats one of the best 3 woods Ive ever hit.  Its real easy to get up into the air off the deck. Everyone that we played with like it when they hit it.  The most impressive thing to me is how consistent the club preformed even on off center hits.  With the X 2 Hot coming out you can probably find a X Hot for a reasonable price and you won't be disappointed.

I went to Golfsmith today and hit every 3W available, with no real leader. On my way out I cruised by the clearance rack and came across a TEE Trilogy on sale for $19. That's not a typo (I actually went and made sure it was priced correctly. I hit it at least as well as I did anything else, so the search is over. Once Mizuno finally sends me the clubs I actually ordered, My bag will be set for this year (Until, of course, something misbehaves, and then it's of to the shop I go)

I tried a few 3 woods today. The Cobra Bio Cell was awesome. The Callaway X Hot 2 was equally impressive. Taylormade SLDR was a bit disappointing but the Jetspeed was solid hitter.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I tried a few 3 woods today. The Cobra Bio Cell was awesome. The Callaway X Hot 2 was equally impressive. Taylormade SLDR was a bit disappointing but the Jetspeed was solid hitter.

is there any way you can give a bit more info on the 4 clubs you hit (pros and cons maybe)?

Note: This thread is 3705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!