IGNORED

Lessons

Note: This thread is 3723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone, just need some oppinions. The closest range to me is "Albert Park" in Melbourne and after reading some review's all of the teachers and pros seem pretty good and everyone seems really keen on them. But they are pretty expensive and I can really only afford the 30min classes. Just wondering if anyone think's you can benefit from 30mins or is it a waste of time and just some quick money for the instructor?

I think there is a great thread if you do a quick search on how to pick an instructor, I guess my best advice is to make sure that your teacher uses technology during the lesson.  Ya, if you can't swing the club at all that is a different story, but in your case I'm thinking you should look for someone with video analysis.  This way, he can pin point what you need to work on and you can manage your improvement.  I can't speak about the 30 minutes or not, but it sounds to me like plenty of time for a good teacher to go through one lesson.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey everyone, just need some oppinions. The closest range to me is "Albert Park" in Melbourne and after reading some review's all of the teachers and pros seem pretty good and everyone seems really keen on them. But they are pretty expensive and I can really only afford the 30min classes. Just wondering if anyone think's you can benefit from 30mins or is it a waste of time and just some quick money for the instructor?

30 minutes should be plenty if the instructor is really good. The first lesson may be more about the instructor understanding your swing and flaws but after that it should be pretty effective IF the instructor is good.

You may want to check out Evolvr. I have not used it, but many on the site have and love it.

Evolvr lessons typically run 7-12 minutes and are highly effective because they target a very specific piece (priority) for you to work on. As long as you are capable of practicing in a disciplined and efficient manner you will see improvement.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

evolvr does seem like a great way but I think personally I would benefit more from hands on coaching. Just wondering if the 30mins is a decent amount of time

The things you need to consider are:

1. The quality of instruction (are you working on the right things)
  2. After the lesson how are you going to get feedback? (When practicing are you practicing what you are suppose to?  Do you have a camera to check yourself?  Maybe a friend?  Or maybe you will need to go back to the instructor to check on your progress.)

So to answer your question, it could be beneficial with the other pieces in place.  I personally don't do 30 minute lessons with my students though.

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

You should only work on one or two things at a time, so 30 min. should more than enough time to find something for you to work on.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

The best technology is ball flight.  If you know how the tool (golf club face) works the ball flight will tell you immediately what you did.

Ball flight is just one part of the story. You can hit a draw, think you hit inside out but actually path out to in and hit towards the toe to get the draw. If you're looking at flight you can't always assume you hit it on the sweetspot.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Ball flight is just one part of the story. You can hit a draw, think you hit inside out but actually path out to in and hit towards the toe to get the draw. If you're looking at flight you can't always assume you hit it on the sweetspot.

Trackman, Flightscope, etc is the best way to see your path and face at impact.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

• Administrator

Trackman, Flightscope, etc is the best way to see your path and face at impact.

Technically Trackman and Flightscope can't see the face, so if you toe it they'll report it as more "open" than it was.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree with that, but you are more than like to not hit it off the toe every shot. So it can be more accurate than just ball flight.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

Personally I find that the 50 minutes lessons I have go really quickly, I don't think 30 mins would be enough for me to listen to what my instructor tells me and have a decent amount of practise shots with him watching to make sure I get the movements correct.

Why not just go half as often?

Well I decided to take the plunge and I booked a lesson yesterday. We chatted and said first lesson we should do an hour to film swing and work out fully what is going on, then after that half hours whenever I book to work on whatever I need at the time.

He sounded really nice and has nothing but good reviews after doing some research. Hopefully he creates some improvement in my game

Note: This thread is 3723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!