IGNORED

LPGA fan thread

Web Junky
Note: This thread is 3144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone else find it ironic how much LPGA dicussion we 've had since tonj5 left the site?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I enjoy watching the LPGA. If Michele Wi and Natalie Gulbis were  more in contention the LPGA would really take off.

I played last January at Ko Olina in Oahu. It was really neat watching the LPGA play the same course a few weeks later. I think I played the same tees as the LPGA and I remember that they seemed to move some of the tee positions a bit further forward for them. I like watching them hit basically the same clubs for distance that I do. Just wish I could hit them as straight as they do.

Just watched the tournament leader, Jessica Korda, hit a lateral with a short iron into the green. Dead right OB. Worst shot I've seen a pro hit in years.

They're playing at the Ocean Club course in Paradise Island. Played there 25 years ago and don't recognize a thing.

Bill M

Webb Simpson has done it more than a few times in tournaments. As far as watching the LPGA goes I find myself watching quite a bit of it. They play here locally in Williamsburg and it's a fun day at the course watching them.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

This tournament is pretty good so far. Creamer and Korda ended well. Wei is having a nice tourney. Would be better if she could putt. Lewis is playing well also. Looking forward to tomorrow's end.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

This tournament is pretty good so far. Creamer and Korda ended well. Wei is having a nice tourney. Would be better if she could putt. Lewis is playing well also. Looking forward to tomorrow's end.

I'll be watching this tourney today with a lot of big names out of Torrey Pines. I thought Michele putted fairly well she missed a lot of long putts by just a smidgen. I would not be surprised if she had a big year.

Anyone else find it ironic how much LPGA dicussion we've had since tonj5 left the site?

What I find ironic is I got 177 hits today from this website. I never got that many before. Thanks everyone for visiting.

I prefer to watch LPGA over Championship, Web.com, and some weaker PGA tour (ones without big names) tournaments.   Unfortunately, TV coverage of LPGA really stinks.   Instead of showing golf, they do a lot of interviews, personality coverage (I don't want to know what's player A's favorite hobbies are), etc..

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I prefer to watch LPGA over Championship, Web.com, and some weaker PGA tour (ones without big names) tournaments.   Unfortunately, TV coverage of LPGA really stinks.   Instead of showing golf, they do a lot of interviews, personality coverage (I don't want to know what's player A's favorite hobbies are), etc..

All you have to do is read this thread to understand why.

The vast majority of golfers (men) watch primarily to see cute girls in short skirts.  Very few actually watch because they're riveted by the somewhat mediocre (by professional standards) golf.  TV coverage is all about the ratings game.  Knowing that the golf isn't attracting many viewers, they're trying to play to whatever will.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I adore my wife. She is the love of my life. When she heard me say OUCH! when Korda shanked she asked who hit the bad shot. I said the babe with the rosebud lips and the great legs. She stated that she was sure I knew them by their legs better than by name. I said Yep! She just laughed and shook her head at me. Ya know that Gal lady has some nice gams as well! Sincerely Not a pig but an honest male golfer who appreciates cute ladies who golf

[QUOTE name="rkim291968" url="/t/72062/lpga-fan-thread/18#post_943466"]   I prefer to watch LPGA over Championship, Web.com, and some weaker PGA tour (ones without big names) tournaments.   Unfortunately, TV coverage of LPGA really stinks.   Instead of showing golf, they do a lot of interviews, personality coverage (I don't want to know what's player A's favorite hobbies are), etc.. [/QUOTE] All you have to do is read this thread to understand why. The vast majority of golfers (men) watch primarily to see cute girls in short skirts.  Very few actually watch because they're riveted by the somewhat mediocre (by professional standards) golf.  TV coverage is all about the ratings game.  Knowing that the golf isn't attracting many viewers, they're trying to play to whatever will.

I guess that's the reality. As others mentioned in this thread, I can relate to their club selection, and their "somewhat mediocre" level of playing.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I get a kick out of people calling their play mediocre. While you wont see many if any 200yard 7 irons. it is hardly mediocre. If 19 under is mediocre then sign me up.

I get a kick out of people calling their play mediocre. While you wont see many if any 200yard 7 irons. it is hardly mediocre. If 19 under is mediocre then sign me up.

agreed ... the top women are hardly mediocre.    I think a better word would be boring.     The best women golfers are just ridiculously consistent - don't do anything flashy, just hit fairways and greens - they make it look too easy.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I guess that's the reality. As others mentioned in this thread, I can relate to their club selection, and their "somewhat mediocre" level of playing.

Tell ya what...next time you golf, tee it up from the Ladies tees, and see if You can shoot par or better. Let us know how that works out for you.

Anyone else find it ironic how much LPGA dicussion we've had since tonj5 left the site?

Tell ya what...next time you golf, tee it up from the Ladies tees, and see if You can shoot par or better. Let us know how that works out for you.

i have seen him on a couple other sites

Note: This thread is 3144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!