IGNORED

LPGA fan thread

Web Junky
Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I enjoy the LPGA more due to them having to try to beat the course rather than outmuscle it. All obstacles are in play due to the lac of length compared to the mens.

This is how golf is meant to be played.

:powerblt: Air force one complete set

:powerblt: TPS Putter

:oakley: Shirts

:footjoy: shoes

I have to start out by agreeing with some of the comments above: golf shouldn't be about who can hit it further, it should be about who can hit it more accurately and some men's courses focus on this and some don't. Regarding the LPGA, I watch it occasionally, but really think they need a star player. I am really hoping this Woods chick comes in and dominates. I have already seen golf channel talk more about LPGA with her just beginning to enter and this would be great for sport. Saying that the girls can't perform? Comon now guys, these chicks would wipe the floor with you. Would they beat the PGA players? Some of them, if they both played from their respective tees just like we do on the real golf course. I play with women and men in real life, what I can say is this, ladies seem to hit a lot more fairways, we are so worried about hitting long, we often end up in the woods.

I have to start out by agreeing with some of the comments above: golf shouldn't be about who can hit it further, it should be about who can hit it more accurately and some men's courses focus on this and some don't.

Nonsense.  Golf is "about" who can get the ball into the hole in the least number of strokes at the end of 18 holes.  There are long hitters who do that well, and those that don't.  The same applies to shorter, more accurate players.  Those that are really successful are those that are able to do both.  Those are the ones that top the leaderboard week after week and the ones that I enjoy watching.

Saying that the girls can't perform? Comon now guys, these chicks would wipe the floor with you.

I don't know about you, but being able to beat me isn't much of a barometer for quality professional golf.  Heck, it doesn't even make you all that good among the scrub amateurs in my own neighborhood.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have to start out by agreeing with some of the comments above: golf shouldn't be about who can hit it further, it should be about who can hit it more accurately and some men's courses focus on this and some don't.

Regarding the LPGA, I watch it occasionally, but really think they need a star player. I am really hoping this Woods chick comes in and dominates. I have already seen golf channel talk more about LPGA with her just beginning to enter and this would be great for sport.

Saying that the girls can't perform? Comon now guys, these chicks would wipe the floor with you.

Would they beat the PGA players? Some of them, if they both played from their respective tees just like we do on the real golf course.

I play with women and men in real life, what I can say is this, ladies seem to hit a lot more fairways, we are so worried about hitting long, we often end up in the woods.

Nothing wrong with looking at it that way and I don't mind occasionally watching the ladies play but I don't ever seem to go out of my way to watch it on TV.

When I watch an athletic event of any kind I prefer to see people do things that I can't do. In golf that means I want to see people hit shots that I can't hit.

I don't see the women hit one single shot that I can't (and haven't) hit. Sure they are consistent but that doesn't draw me in. In almost every tournament that the men play I see people hit shots that I could never hit and that does draw me in.

I'm disappointed that this thread is generating so many gender based comparisons of various players rather than more photos of lovely women golfers. Really, girls + golf is such a no-brainer for a pig like me!

:beer:

When I watch an athletic event of any kind I prefer to see people do things that I can't do. In golf that means I want to see people hit shots that I can't hit.

I don't see the women hit one single shot that I can't (and haven't) hit. Sure they are consistent but that doesn't draw me in. In almost every tournament that the men play I see people hit shots that I could never hit and that does draw me in.

they are doing something you cant do. that would be making a living playing golf

Saying that the girls can't perform? Come on now guys, these chicks would wipe the floor with you.

yup thats the truth.

they are doing something you cant do. that would be making a living playing golf

As (I thought) I said before, in golf I want to see people hit shots I can't hit.

Evidently low scores and making a living playing golf don't impress me enough to tune in very often. I enjoyed an event I went to in person and plan to go back this year and I watch a little bit on TV but that's about it.

Judging by the ratings I'm not the only one.

As (I thought) I said before, in golf I want to see people hit shots I can't hit. Evidently low scores and making a living playing golf don't impress me enough to tune in very often. I enjoyed an event I went to in person and plan to go back this year and I watch a little bit on TV but that's about it. Judging by the ratings I'm not the only one.

What are these shots you can't hit? Are we just talking distance again or? I'm sure you can hit most shots from both LPGA and PGA as I can I, just not as consistent as them... If you want to see shots you truly are incapable of hitting, watch the long drive competitions, if you want to see professionals consistently hit great shots all day, the PGA or LPGA will do. To be honest, I felt similar to you until I went to a LPGA event last summer, it was then I realized they are pretty dang good.

I would just say this with regards to the LPGA players skill level. How many of you can go to even an easy muni track, and shoot 3, 4, 5 or 6 under..? I think maybe it's what we Don't see on TV that maybe keeps some of us from not getting to excited about the LPGA level of play, sure they don't have the distance the guys do, and we don't see them hit shots out of cactus bushes and such, still in my opinion lots of those gals have some serious golf skills.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What are these shots you can't hit? Are we just talking distance again or? I'm sure you can hit most shots from both LPGA and PGA as I can I, just not as consistent as them...

If you want to see shots you truly are incapable of hitting, watch the long drive competitions, if you want to see professionals consistently hit great shots all day, the PGA or LPGA will do.

To be honest, I felt similar to you until I went to a LPGA event last summer, it was then I realized they are pretty dang good.

Let me try one more time. :-D

Everybody is entitled to appreciate anything they want to appreciate. For those that appreciate skill and low scores and enjoy watching the LPGA that's great. Just so happens that's not what I appreciate, and I would indeed rather watch the long drive championship.

It's sort of like if there were two demonstrations going on at the same time and one was the world's greatest singles hitter and the other was the world's greatest homerun hitter. I'm sure some people would go and watch the guy hit a whole bunch of singles up the middle but I'm going to the homerun demonstration.

I've never had the slightest urge to go watch a college golf match until one day I heard on TV that Kentucky was playing Alabama and it said that Kentucky had several bombers on the team (JB Holmes was one of them).

BTW. I enjoyed the LPGA tournament I went to although I mostly went because my wife wanted to go, but I enjoyed going to the Tour Championship much more.

• Upvote 1

Well sadly I have to agree that if PGA and LPGA are going on at the same time, I'm watching PGA, but this really has little to do with the sex of the players, but more who is playing. I'm a big fan of Tiger, Phil, Rory, Bubba, Speith, Fowler, etc,, if these guys are playing, this is what I am watching. However, if I don't know anyone in a PGA event and an LPGA event has Wie or Creamer on top the leaderboard, I'd be just as likely to watch that. I like to have someone to root for.

Note: This thread is 3138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!