IGNORED

Titleist 910 3 wood ALWAYS slicing ?

Note:Β This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Anyone else had that trouble ? I set it to normal loft and the first setting of draw and no matter what I do it ALWAYS has a big slice. I never had that problem with my old 3 wood it always did what I wanted it to do. Even when I do the halfway hip swing to make it go straight it still had a huge slice and I'm sure that the settings are correct. Trust me it's not the swing I spent a whole bucket just on the trying to make it go to the right and it never happend. Is it the round face ??? Anything please help

titleist.gifΒ 910 9.5 DriverΒ titleist.gifΒ 910 F 3 WoodΒ callaway.gifΒ 2009 X Forged IronsΒ 

Β Β  Β 

Β titleist.gifΒ  WedgesΒ Β Vokey 54Β and 60 Β Β Β taylormade.gifΒ  Putter Daddy Long Legs

Β 

Ball : Whatever the hell I find at my job as a cart guy.

I also have the 910 15* 3 wood, with the Diamana Kai'li 75 mid R flex shaft. Mine is set neutral. Off the deck I get a nice boring ball flight, that gradually climbs, and either goes dead straight, or I can hit a nice 3 yard draw. I will admit, the 1 st time I hit it, I did slice it, but that was due to me turning my arms the wrong way.

Would be hard to say why your getting a slice w/o seeing your swing. BTW, I'm not a good golfer, still working on lots of things, and the fact that I'm 65 and have a bad back kinda sucks..lol

I have slowed the tempo of my swing down considerably, and I now focus on making solid contact, rather than trying to hit the ball a mile. I use to love my old Ping 3 wood, but the 910 imho is the best yet. Hopefully some of our resident experts can offer more advice.

BTW, Welcome to the site.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone else had that trouble ? I set it to normal loft and the first setting of draw and no matter what I do it ALWAYS has a big slice. I never had that problem with my old 3 wood it always did what I wanted it to do. Even when I do the halfway hip swing to make it go straight it still had a huge slice and I'm sure that the settings are correct. Trust me it's not the swing I spent a whole bucket just on the trying to make it go to the right and it never happend. Is it the round face ??? Anything please help

It's almost always the archer and not the bow. Post some videos of your swing. My guess is that you are swing harder causing a over the top return swing. Common to blame the club. I did it back when I didn't know any better.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

No the face won't make it slice. Β Face angle primarily contributes to the initial start line.Β  It's slicing because the path is too far to the left or you're hitting it off the heel.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

3 woods exaggerate any swing flaws - in my case, a little fade with aΒ 4 hybridΒ with be a banana slice with a 3 wood.Β Β Β Β  Have to really pay attention to mechanics with the fairways

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I hit my 3W better than my driver. lol

mvmac's spot on with cause; stick some face tape on and see where you're striking it and if it's in the middle of the face it's your swing path. :)

SWING DNA
Speed [77]Β TempoΒ [5]Β ToeDown [5]Β KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5Β° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305Β [:-P]

Do you slice your drives too? Also, and my apologies if I'm not saying this correctly but when you are coming in contact with the ball, how does your balance feel? I was having an issue when swinging my three wood on the fairway, I was trying to overpower my shot and my weight would be on my back foot. I'd be off balance and slice it. I started letting the club do the work and I've stopped slicing.
In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -Β  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges -Β X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird
Β 

Β 

I'll try to post videos but like I mentioned I even did chips with the 3 wood and they still went left (I'm a lefty) I spent a whole nother bucket focused on the plane too and it's still the same. I'm gonna guess it has something to do with the more steep vertical shaft that it has compared to all other three woods? My balance feels great I have no problem with weight transfer. Anyone think because if the shaft giving forcing me to beore steep I need to work on flattening the swing out ? How could I do that ? I want to learn to use this 3 wood cause I know when used properly it's awesome

titleist.gifΒ 910 9.5 DriverΒ titleist.gifΒ 910 F 3 WoodΒ callaway.gifΒ 2009 X Forged IronsΒ 

Β Β  Β 

Β titleist.gifΒ  WedgesΒ Β Vokey 54Β and 60 Β Β Β taylormade.gifΒ  Putter Daddy Long Legs

Β 

It's almost always the archer and not the bow. Post some videos of your swing. My guess is that you are swing harder causing a over the top return swing. Common to blame the club. I did it back when I didn't know any better.

Like I said I've done many slow only focused on plane and forearm rotation swings just to make it go right and not focus on distance and they still go left .

Β Β  Β 

Β 

No the face won't make it slice. Β Face angle primarily contributes to the initial start line.Β  It's slicing because the path is too far to the left or you're hitting it off the heel.

I'll still actually hit the center and it all goes left I don't think it's ever gone right once. My old 3 wood was fine and did whatever I want given it was a non adjustable extreme draw favorable club but even when I adjust the 910 to draw it all goes left.

Β Β  Β 

Β 

Like I said I've done many slow only focused on plane and forearm rotation swings just to make it go right and not focus on distance and they still go left .

Club must be broken..

Get a new one.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Club must be broken.. Get a new one.

I don't think it's broken I just got it lol

Β Β  Β 

Β 

Your best bet is to post a swing video. There are any number of things that could be causing the slice.

3 woods can be tricky to hit off the deck, and you can tend to do some funky stuff in your swing trying to get it right. Post a video and we'll take a look.

Tyler Martin

I'll try to post videos but like I mentioned I even did chips with the 3 wood and they still went left (I'm a lefty) I spent a whole nother bucket focused on the plane too and it's still the same. I'm gonna guess it has something to do with the more steep vertical shaft that it has compared to all other three woods? My balance feels great I have no problem with weight transfer. Anyone think because if the shaft giving forcing me to beore steep I need to work on flattening the swing out ? How could I do that ? I want to learn to use this 3 wood cause I know when used properly it's awesome

Maybe you bought a right handed club?

Not to be rude...but as a 25 handicap player, it's your swing path..You must be swinging on an outside to inside path.Β  The 3wood is one of the most difficult clubs to hit...it will expose all swing flaws.

Here's a quick suggestion/reminder.Β  You still need to hit down on a 3-wood.Β  Especially off the deck!Β  Don't be afraid to take a divot with that club!Β  Obviously nothing like an iron, but even the pros have a neg attack angle into a 3wood (especially off the deck).

Keep at it...the club is fine!

Titleist 910D3 - 9.5Β°- Ahina Stiff
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3Wood - Proforce V2 Stiff

Taylormade Burner 5W - Proforce V2 Stiff
910D 21Β° 3hΒ - AhinaΒ Stiff

Titleist 712 AP2 - KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey - 52* & 56*

Odyssey White Hot #1 XG

X's or B330's

• 4 weeks later...

Finally am able to post video. I was suprised when I recorded myself because I honestly have no idea what the F#$%#$% is going on with my stance. I cant get a full backswing cause I had a sore arm but any help would beΒ appreciatedΒ thanks. Also I know I keep my mouth open shut up.

Β Β  Β 

Β 

Def over the top. Your left arm is staying close to your body which is good but it looks like you are casting the club.

Note:Β This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!